First WCPW Reloaded show starting on Youtube at 10pm

-laz-

It started good but the match was the drizzling **** and they couldn't keep excited....the inexperience became extremely clear in that opener.

I'll admit I joined in halfway through the first match (can hardly criticize something if I don't at least experience it once). The match itself was decent - not great but certainly not bad - outside of the really bizarre finish.

El Ligero and Kirby did a good job of getting over with their styles. They have both gained a fan in me as it was the first time I seen either one of them wrestle. King Ross is doing pretty good for his limited experience but they need to banter less with each other because it takes away from the match if they carry on too much.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Joe Koffy and the prince was a pretty uninspired match....</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Coffey.</p><p> </p><p> Hard to have an inspired match when the whole thing is building up to a dumb count out finish.</p><p> </p><p> I've tried hard to give this the benefit of the doubt but as we hit the main event, I'm sticking to my initial assessment of this being a poor vanity attempt from What Culture. I've mentioned the commentary already but outside of that, the constant usage of green screen promos looks incredibly low rate.</p><p> </p><p> Also, I realise I'm probably not the main demographic of What Culture and WCPW by extension but it's so damn stupid to have your main event built up about who will represent a guy called Jack the Jobber.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MHero" data-cite="MHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Also, I realise I'm probably not the main demographic of What Culture and WCPW by extension but it's so damn stupid to have your main event built up about who will represent a guy called Jack the Jobber.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yea not the greatest name in the world but I've been watching their videos since the inception so I get all the little inside jokes they keep hurling.</p>

I say if they consult with Corey Graves and Tom Phillips on how to call matches then they will do just fine but they really need to cut back on the banter with each other. They have a natural chemistry with each other they just have to dial it back on the banter.....maybe if they had an experienced lead commentator to reel them back it would be alot better.

Yeah, I'll be super surprised if this lasts any longer than about August or September. Pretty poor show all round.

If you saw anyone on the show you liked, I suggest you go out of your way to find other matches from them from the plethora of good British promotions that are in the area. My inbox is open if anyone wants me to recommend matches and stuff.

I didn't really mind much of what I saw on the show. The green screen backstage segments were probably the worst that I saw. Also, I second that Martin Kirby and El Ligero had a fun match, probably my favorite that I saw. All in all, not too shabby, and the crowd actually did pretty decent most the time too which helped.

Commentary was awful throughout, King Ross is good but Simon is so bad it hurts. The worst moment was when Joe Hendry's entrance music was being played and they kept talking over it, even though it was the best thing on the show. Kept talking over promos, even JBL doesn't do that and he's awful. Also this Prince Ameen guy was dreadful, bad, generic promo to open the show, and just a major cluster**** of a match with a terrible finish. And weirdly, they had him give another promo after the match. Not a big fan of the show but I like El Ligero, never seen him before but he's good. Just replace Simon on commentary and just take a few moments to shut up during promos/Joe Hendry entrances, it's not like they had anything interesting to say anyway

<p>Ok the second entry of WCPW was a tad bit better but the main event of El Ligero vs. Jay Lethal was fantastic!</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/KEBpxRoVIlg?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="WCPW Loaded #2 Part 4 - Jay Lethal vs El Ligero"></iframe></div></div>

<p>I am going to be "that guy" I'm afraid and say, that the promotion doesn't offer anything you can't see done elsewhere better. The matches drag this up to watchable when all other sources of entertainment have been destroyed. And that is the most positive thing I can say about this. People built it up to me as the "rebirth of British pro wrestling" when in fact it isn't even the after birth of professional wrestling. As for the commentators, well they need play-by-play 101 because they have no idea when to talk and when to shut their mouths. King Ross just likes the sound of his own voice, which I don't get because his accent is bloody annoying - as was most of the crap he came out with. Trying to be funny and failing miserably with his stupid plastic crown and cape. Looks like he just escaped the mental hospital.</p><p> </p><p>

+/- Points</p><p> </p><p>

+ Some good matches</p><p> </p><p>

- Presentation</p><p>

- King Ross</p><p>

- Simon Miller</p><p>

- Timing of Commentary (shut up when someone is talking in the ring)</p><p>

- Nonsense booking</p><p>

- WTF Moments that is really just an excuse for King Ross to talk bollocks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Fleisch" data-cite="Fleisch" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42027" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>People built it up to me as the "rebirth of British pro wrestling" when in fact it isn't even the after birth of professional wrestling</strong>.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm pretty sure nobody here built this up like that.....I'm a fan of the product but even I know its indy rific. You can take one look at it and notice it's not going to compete with anything out there currently because everyone involved is vastly inexperienced besides the wrestlers. You are watching a group of smarks that has a little bit of financial backing throw money at something and see if it sticks.</p><p> </p><p> The commentators are going to experience growing pains and are not going to be perfect by any stretch or even good for a while. If the green screens don't scream low budget than I don't know what will.</p>

Archived