Card building guides

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tambourin81" data-cite="tambourin81" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42028" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've never had that happen. In TEW2013 I'd actually encountered the reverse a few times, where the dirt sheet would tell me that the angles were too short (usually with extremely over entertainers like Sam Strong in the '97 Cornellverse).<p> </p><p> But as others have already said, any angle <em>below </em>a certain length (I think it's 4 or 5 minutes but never tested it) has no impact on a show's rating.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To correct this: all major angles impact a rating, regardless of length. All minor angles, regardless of length, do not impact show rating.</p><p> </p><p> Angles must be at least 4 minutes to impact skills (and also overness, if I recall correctly).</p><p> </p><p> Angles involving a main eventer are penalized if they are less than 6 minutes long.</p>

<p>Lots of food for thought there. Definitely helps though as (probably like alot of people) I have ideas running through my head as to how I want a show to run, then when it comes to it, I end up fumbling around.... and it annoys me that I cant recreate what is in my head.</p><p> </p><p>

Part of that problem is not understanding how to effectively book a card, so all these tips will help me no end. Part is still learning the angles and where to place things, so again im hoping I can take all these pointers and enjoy TEW to its fullest.</p><p> </p><p>

Cheers all for your input.</p>

I'm curious how you plan that far ahead. I usually have a rough idea for current show, a vague idea for the next show, and for the bigger storylines, who will be involved at the next PPV (though I've swerved myself a few times.). The idea of thinking 100 shows in advance seem crazy to me.

Its all about knowing who you want to push. I know John Cena is gonna get a huge push in my game( nowhere near the push he got irl) and I also know I'm going to push Orton a lot better than he was getting pushed irl around those times( well pre-2009 of course). Currently I have the two of them scheduled to main event Mania 2007(23) with the triple threat with Triple H main eventing Mania 24 and Triple H vs Orton main eventing 2009. A lot of it is the same but with a nice twist on it. Orton will also co main event Mania 22 against Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship. Planning a HUGE push for Batista right now. I'm talking year+ title reign. Still. I'm only in December 2004 so there's a lot that can change over time.

<p>Great stuff in here. </p><p> </p><p>

How do players use the pre-show portions of their cards? I tend to have my enhancement talent and openers do their thing here (maybe with a lower midcarder to not get totally disgusting ratings) ... I generally use the main portion of the card for midcarders and up. </p><p> </p><p>

So far, I haven't seen the pre-show stuff (even with really crappy ratings) negatively affecting the overall card.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Roastbeef" data-cite="Roastbeef" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42028" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Great stuff in here. <p> </p><p> How do players use the pre-show portions of their cards? I tend to have my enhancement talent and openers do their thing here (maybe with a lower midcarder to not get totally disgusting ratings) ... I generally use the main portion of the card for midcarders and up. </p><p> </p><p> So far, I haven't seen the pre-show stuff (even with really crappy ratings) negatively affecting the overall card.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pre-Show doesn't have any effect on the overall show/event grade (this was a change made for 2016).</p>

<p>Well, there you go... I'm hardly the booker genius that I thought I was. </p><p> </p><p>

I actually like the fact that you can just do your enhancement talent and openers in the same show as your bigger stars. I never liked having to book another show (for nothing to gain) and having another (B) TV show.. I much prefer booking everything in the same show. With about one hour of pre-show time, that's plenty to play around with for your new guys.</p>

<p>Great thread, thanks to everyone who has contributed.</p><p> </p><p>

I cant wait until I can put some of this into action, atm im watching Nitro +PPVs from WCW in 1997, so I can get up to date, refresh my memory and at least carry on the WCW using the Genadi mod, with a semblance of knowledge.</p>

Archived