WWE Redemption

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/matbarsays/Redemption/press3.jpg

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- WWE(NYSE:WWE) announced today that the WWE Redemption® will premiere Thursday, August 10th at 9 PM ET exclusively on WWE Network. This new concept will take some of your favorite WWE Superstars© from the past, and put them against each other in a one of a kind competition for a chance at a new Main Roster contract. The former WWE Superstars© will work with WWE Legends© to update their working styles, personas, and overall skills during this ongoing series.

WWE Redemption will be hosted by a WWE Legend, and two voices from WWE’s past.

“Looking back, there has been some great talent who have made the most of their future endeavors since leaving WWE” said WWE Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events & Creative Paul “Triple H®” Levesque. “These performers will be given an unprecedented opportunity to showcase their elite athleticism and unbridled passion across WWE's global platforms, and could catch our eyes for a main roster contract.”

WWE Network will also air an exclusive Redemption special entitled: A New Beginning on Thursday, August 3rd at 9 PM ET where you will start to be reintroduced to the Superstars.

WWE Redemption will have its own unique Titles, Stories, and Events, and will not cross over with the WWE Raw® WWE SmackDown® or NXT® in any way.

The WWE will allow talent of Redemption to work elsewhere during the filming, however if a worker is offered a Main Roster contract, they will be exclusive to the WWE.

Personal Rules:

1. I can only hire former WWF/E stars. If they were never employed by the WWF/E or NXT at any time, they can not be a part of this program.

2. I must attempt to hire any release, or person not offered a contract extension.

3. I must only sign workers to Pay-Per-Appearance contracts with the only exception being for trainers and staff members.

4. If a worker is offered a written contract by any company, I must let them go, no matter how important they are to my storylines.

5. The WWE Wellness Policy will be enforced with no exceptions.

6. If there is, at any time, not enough workers to run WWE Redemption, it must be taken off of the air and repackaged.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please PM me as this idea will always be a work in progress.

This is my first Dynasty here at GDS, and I have not done one at all in about 10 years. Wish me luck.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="NeddyHernandez" data-cite="NeddyHernandez" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42075" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is WWE Redemption a part of the WWE company as a brand, or is it a separate company by TEW standards?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just to avoid over booking, and to make it more random, WWE Redemption is a separate company by TEW Standards under the WWE Umbrella. I view it like the Crusierweight Classic meets the original NXT concept.</p>

<p>Looking forward to seeing what you put together. There really is a forgotten generation of mishandled midcarders that could have done so much more. </p><p> </p><p>

I actually once brainstormed a similar concept -- Future Endeavored Wrestling (FEW) with a roster made up exclusively of cast-offs. Your idea to bring it under the WWE umbrella makes much more in-universe sense though!</p><p> </p><p>

Good luck!</p>

Archived