Decided to start my first TEW2016 game and take a decided-at-random company. I'm having great difficulty so if someone could offer some suggestions it would be appreciated as CILL seems quite difficult.

Information about CILL:

CILL starts the game as a Small company (E popularity in one region of Mexico and F+ in a second) with $500,000. One of the owner's goals is to, within two years, get the company to $700,000 which seems pretty much impossible. Here are the issues:

1) CILL will lose every regional battle in its home area (3rd out of 3 companies) of South Eastern Mexico, thereby automatically losing 0.4% in popularity each month.

2) Each CILL show (which will lose about $3000-$4000) will be rated around D, causing a popularity boost of only 0.3% per month.

As a result, this company will slowly lose both popularity (due to losing the monthly regional battle) and money every month.

Furthermore, the backstage area is a pain as it seems many of your very promising workers (especially Pinky Perez) are, um, troublemakers. As a result, it is very easy to fall under the 70% threshold.

I have experimented with running two shows per month. This has the added benefit of a +0.2% increase in South Eastern Mexico per month but will cause me to lose $6000-$8000 per month. Obviously this is extremely slow and not sustainable.

Suggestions? How would you tackle this company? Is it truly this difficult or is this a function of me being a new player?

(This company is reasonably fun to play as if it weren't for the fact that it is simply not sustainable at my current rate)

What's the economy like? I just tried a card with CILL, using 14 wrestlers, and made about $4,400 profit over the month with economy at D+. If the economy is horrific then it may be an issue, but otherwise it looks doable by being careful about the amount of people you use maybe?

• 1 year later...

<p>Having done a brief play, just to see what's what, I'd say at the start you'd absolutely need to join COTT. OLLIE is already a member, and they have enough pop and size to score a TV deal right away (and they usually do when the AI is in charge), so that prevents you from taking a drubbing too badly in the regional battles. On the other hand, that will make growing large enough to get your own TV deal that much harder, as it cuts off Western Mexico, meaning there's no direct spillover into Northern Mexico.</p><p> </p><p>

CILL starts off with several working agreements, including QAW. Of course, most QAW talent you'd want can already work in Mexico and are on PPA agreements, so that's not a huge deal. Charity Sweet, however, is definitely someone to trade for and open her up to Mexico.</p><p> </p><p>

AAA and 5SSW are good choices, as they have the lion's share of female talent who are rated as Good High-Fliers, if you want to do High Spots matches with the Women's Division.</p>

• 3 months later...

<p>Getting back into it, so here are my thoughts on the roster and general strategies.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Main Event</strong>- You have Magik and Fallen Angel on the face side and Diamante Negro and El Pavo Real on the heel side. While they don't even hold a candle to OLLIE's main eventers, they're perfectly serviceable for a Small company. The downside is that of the four, all but El Pavo Real might be in Time Decline.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Tag Team Division</strong>- You've got a solid array of teams to start with. The aforementioned Diamante is partnered with El Sultan to make the team of Black Gold. Aside from them, you have Rapid Attack (Amazing Firefly and Rapido), the Viking Raiders (Ragnar and Uhtred), The Wild Cats (El Jaguar and Tigre Salvage Jr), and The Wildfires (Blaze and Inferno). Rapid Attack probably has the best upside, and the Wildfires are two veterans who are solid hands, though Blaze might be in Time Decline. Also, the Wild Cats work for CZCW too, and as such they might get fatigued faster than the rest of the roster.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Women's Division</strong>- The worst thing you can say is that the division isn't quite as stocked with potential as OLLIE's, but it's still very good. Catalina Vasquez and Jaguar Queen are the weak links to start, but they have potential. There's a very good chance that two or three of the ladies might be on either the Next Big Things or Hot Prospects list, or both.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The negative influences</strong>- You've got El Serpiente and Wraith as negative influences, and Pinky Perez as a very negative influence. The downside is that Serpiente and Pinky are decent in-ring talents and very good talkers besides, and the latter is something in short supply for you at the start of the game. Don't cut them right away, but also don't be afraid to let them walk once their contracts are up.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The rest of the roster</strong>- While a lot of the guys are generally young and somewhat inexperienced, most have potential. I find Hush and Dragon Del Arcis Jr to be the best of the lot, though your mileage may vary.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Who to hire</strong>- At the start, don't go nuts. You've got $500k to start with, and while that may seem like a lot for a Small company, CILL is in South Eastern Mexico, with the lowest importance of all 3 Mexican territories, so it's going to be a while to hit Regional and watch the money come in. You've got a few more heels than babyfaces, hire one or two cheap guys to balance out the roster, ideally those who are positive influences or have some other skill you might need down the road. For instance, I sign up JOJI, who goes a long way to improving the backstage morale, and he can also speak Japanese, which will be ideal if any talents who go on excursion to Mexico pique your interest. Roxy Kitten is another good signing; while not very popular in Mexico, she'll be a good manager for a heel, and she's cheap and also a positive influence.</p><p> </p><p>

Once you feel you're in a comfortable spot, start looking to expand the roster. Keep an eye on Snake King. He's Fallen Angel's brother, and a phenomenal up and coming talent besides. El Mitico Junior is an obvious signing. Lastly, keep an eye out for veteran talents who might take rookies on as proteges, as no one on the starting roster that I've seen has ever done that. Phoenix II and III, Slayyer, and Marcos Flores would be top choices in my book.</p><p> </p><p>

Definitely join COTT, and then add a few midcard and lower midcard titles to the Alliance. Borrow those, and then give those to whoever on the roster you feel could benefit from working in other companies.</p><p> </p><p>

There aren't many existing relationships at the start, and backstage atmosphere isn't great, so you are going to either have to spend money on perks, or abuse the Positive Meddling feature.</p>

Archived