<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42097" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>User characters don't have personalities.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Do talents play into it though? I generally play with high diplomacy and leadership, wondering if that explains some of my success?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42097" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do talents play into it though? I generally play with high diplomacy and leadership, wondering if that explains some of my success?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've posted my stats favoring both of those and I've had pretty good success. I'm pretty sure it plays into it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shamelessposer" data-cite="shamelessposer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42097" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How are you guys even making use of this feature? I didn't know it existed until I saw this thread, and now I can't find it anywhere in the game's UI.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Locker room controls on first screen when you book a card. (If you have any incidents, doesn't appear until you've dealt with them.)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Liger!Liger!" data-cite="Liger!Liger!" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42097" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That's a sad thing to read.Our UC's are just booking/hiring machines with no love or human traces.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well do keep in mind that you can tick people off or end up with a lot of friends based on what you do, and if you ever start with an in-game person, their friendships and dislike/hatred of workers stay. They just don't have a personality.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42097" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>User characters don't have personalities.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's actually incorrect, user character's do use the personality matrix of the avatar and it does factor into some calculations.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DocStevens" data-cite="DocStevens" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42097" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Am I not understanding the "meddling feature"? Does it only produce negative relationships?<p> </p><p> Not counting the times when the result was "no change in the relationship", I have got 37 straight negative results. This is not a feature, this is a hard coded waste of time.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've never got negative relationships when doing 'positive meddling.' I'm not sure that's possible. I think if you do positive meddling it's either a new positive relationship or nothing.</p><p> </p><p> Anyway I've had a lot of success and even got a click built in TCW.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42097" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've never got negative relationships when doing 'positive meddling.' I'm not sure that's possible. I think if you do positive meddling it's either a new positive relationship or nothing.<p> </p><p> Anyway I've had a lot of success and even got a click built in TCW.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nope. I have actually had positive meddling backfire and make a relationship worse.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaded" data-cite="Jaded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42097" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Locker room controls on first screen when you book a card. (If you have any incidents, doesn't appear until you've dealt with them.)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks. Never occurred to me that could be a button.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brat99" data-cite="brat99" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42097" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Nope. I have actually had positive meddling backfire and make a relationship worse.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As have I. Kourtney and Matthew Macks are not friends... though she is a negative dressing room force anyway so I guess I can sort of confirm that part also.</p>

I would assume it's dependent on perhaps your Diplomacy trait (or one of the other ones, I don't remember what they're called on top of my head)? I more often than not get the results I hope for when I meddle, and when I don't, I don't think I have ever gotten the opposite result from what I wanted.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr_Avalanche" data-cite="Dr_Avalanche" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42097" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I would assume it's dependent on perhaps your Diplomacy trait (or one of the other ones, I don't remember what they're called on top of my head)? I more often than not get the results I hope for when I meddle, and when I don't, I don't think I have ever gotten the opposite result from what I wanted.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yea same here. Didn't know it was possible. My diplomacy isn't very high either. I only put 3 points to it.</p>

Using the 1987 database as WWF.

I used Positive meddling between Hogan and Bret. I figured when the time comes for Bret to dethrone Hogan in a coupe of years I'd be better off if they were friends, may make Hogan more compliant.

It worked !! they now have a strong friendship.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42097" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> If you're meddling with a particularly bad bunch of people then you will get negative results<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Adam does this lead to bad results 100% of the time or a majority of the time?</p>

Question: If I were to successfully create a positive relationship between my owner and one of my workers, does that mean he/she will be less likely to leave my company/be stolen by rival?

That's the only reason I'd want to use meddling to create positive relationship, since I don't really want to encourage cliques in my locker room. I do want use it to try to remove existing bad relationships, though (although my company only has one so far and I can't do anything with that yet because one of the workers is out from injury).

Oh, and I have another question regarding this: Des Davids is injured but he can still take part in angles....that means he does show up for work, right? Just not to wrestle. So why is it that he isn't as available a meddling target?

Personally, my policy would be to try and remove bad relationships, but otherwise leave positive and neutral ones intact. So far I've used my locker room controls primarily on pulling Minor Ribs. Those have been working well for me in general, either having no effects or improving locker room morale. I haven't upset anyone with it so far. :)

<p>Unfortunately, you aren't able to use yourself in meddling. Believe me, as HBK in the MA mod, I'd really, really love to be able to. The only way I think you could do that is to play just as the booker and try to get a bunch of great relationships between the workers you want to keep and the owner so maybe if they wouldn't negotiate with you, the owner would just sign them.</p><p> </p><p>

The only way to get what you were wanting if you are the owner, at least in previous games, was sometimes when they tested positive for drugs, you could get a loyalty result. That would keep them from being poached. Haven't had that result yet in 16 though.</p>

Archived