Newbie question on building fighters and companies

Hey I'm still quite new to this game and MMA in general so have a couple of questions about building up fighters and companies:

1. Is it better to put fighters in fights they are heavy favourites or in a more competitive fight to build their pop?

2. Should my main and comain be one sided or competitive? Or does it not matter depending on who is in them?

2. If you feed them cans how do you know when they are ready to step up in competition?

3. Is ability or pop more important? If I have two fighters and one has a lot more pop but not as good attributes as the other which should I focus on?

4. Are there any attributes that I should look for when choosing which fighters I want to protect and push?

Thanks for any help you guys can give

<p>1. It doesn't matter much. A win's a win, but competitive fights are more attractive for viewers and can be placed higher on the card. It's why Cormier vs Anderson wasn't the main event anymore. So it matters a little bit.</p><p>

2. It's a mix of name value and competitiveness, but the former dominates.</p><p>

2. When you've scouted them enough so you can see their skills. Beating up a can only results in some experience gain (though the training camp will also increase skill gain) and pop gain.</p><p>

3. Ability matters relatively little. It's all about pop. Good abilities are only needed to keep the same fighter on top as it becomes progressively more difficult to find ranked fighters he can beat if he sucks. Bad abilities can also result in very boring fights.</p><p>

4. Yes, but you won't be able to see them without going to the editor so it's pointless information.</p>

<p>So there is no really important stats to look for on the fighter screens?</p><p> </p><p>

Also with regards to pushing them once I have scouted them to see their stats what goes well against something else? What fighter types are good against others and how different should they be? So a fighter with good striking power would be good against somebody with a weak chin but what levels are a huge difference (is a 10% difference (strike power 80 v chin 70) a big difference or does it need to be bigger than that?</p>

<p>All of these questions are unanswerable because the game is so open ended. Book however you feel is correct and chances are it'll work out. Some people book by looking at rankings, some book by skill, some book by name value, some book competitive matches, some book one sided... it goes on and on. I've booked several different ways, and each of them have their pros and cons, but it's usually situational and not concrete. </p><p> </p><p>

Your style of booking will evolve over time and you'll find things that work for you.</p>

The commercial rating is the rating that increases pop. Think of it as a base. The critical rating is a bonus that increases it more.

Despite what people ask, don't worry about the critical rating. It's pretty random and I personally feel that you should never book focusing on getting a good crtiical rating.

There is indeed mostly randomness to it, but with a good scouting skill you can set up matches with higher odds of turning into a fantastic match.

How you choose to book is your own choice, but booking for critical rating is the quickest way to gain popularity. I personally rather adapt a more 'sports'-oriented approach, with fair title shots, but just like with Pride, people love the alternative more. My style gives you too many "average" or "poor" main events, which handicap your popularity gain.

<p>So how do you book "fair" title shots? Do you use a ranking system? And if so do you use the in game rankings or make your own?</p><p> </p><p>

Also is commercial rating based on name value and critical rating based on the match ratings?</p>

<p>Yes.</p><p> </p><p>

"Fair" shots are what I deem the legit challengers, which is a combination of the game's rankings modified by my own perception (certain factors which I grade higher; that's up to you). Like beating a former champ, even though they've dropped in ranking since then.</p>

Archived