TV on same day as PPV

I'm about to start a game as WCW in 1991. I was going to put this in the small questions thread, but it's ended up being several questions and not very small, so... :p

When a PPV is scheduled on a Sunday night, it clashes with the Main Event tv show. I've always avoided this in the past, but it's historically accurate, so I'm keeping it for now.

How does it work in terms of playing the game, though? I presume the TV show is held at the PPV arena as a pre-show, essentially?

It's a B show so match quality is irrelevant, but does it affect the PPV afterwards? Should I finish with a strong match to get the crowd warmed up for the PPV?

Are the two booked as separate shows, or does Main Event just exist as the pre-show for the PPV?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Not able to answer all the questions but I know they are treated as two separate shows so you would book one, go through it, get the grade and then it would continue to the second one. (I think) New to 2016 is that you can pick the order, so you can decide if the B show goes before or after the PPV. So because you book them completely separately I'm 99% they don't affect each other in terms of crowd management.

I was also under the impression that they didn't have to be in the same arena. For example you could have RAW and SD on at the same time in different places (although I'm sure you wouldn't want to). But then I'm not sure how this works if you want to use the same people on both as I don't know if the game knows that they can't wrestle two shows in two different places.

It does not have any effect on the crowd for your PPV show. You will not be able to change venues though so make sure you pick the venue you want for all shows before your first show.

Before you enter the show section of your day go to 'Your Office' and then click on 'Schedule.' On the right hand side of that window you'll see a tab called 'Show Order.' Click that.

Three options to change: show priority, event order, tv order. They have quite clear help '?' marks next to each option.

Basically you choose if you want your Events ran before or after your TV shows. Then you choose if you want your shows/events to run in order of prestige.

Thanks both of you for the answers :)

So, in order to properly simulate the Main Event/PPV (or Clash) relationship, the default settings of Show Priority - TV First; Event Order - Ascending Order; TV Order - Ascending Order shoudl just be left as is, as it will make Main Event go on first, and then the PPV or Clash afterwards?

Thanks both of you for the answers :)

So, in order to properly simulate the Main Event/PPV (or Clash) relationship, the default settings of Show Priority - TV First; Event Order - Ascending Order; TV Order - Ascending Order shoudl just be left as is, as it will make Main Event go on first, and then the PPV or Clash afterwards?

That's correct. Your shows will play as such:

Least prestigious B-Show tv

Most prestigious B-Show tv

Least prestigious A-Show tv

Most Prestigious A-Show tv

Least Prestigious Event

Most Prestigious Event last

So just remove the types of shows that you don't have on that day to see which show will go in what order.

If you went 'Descending Order' it would go most prestigious first followed by least prestigious. If you went 'Events First' It would go PPV events followed by tv shows.

Archived