Is Someone at PROGRESS playing TEW

Could be either one, Brother D. We all come at things from different angles. So some might see the Snoop Dogg reference like Brother Chizzle noted. Some might primarily see the TEW reference. I know I'd probably be in that camp as well. Some might even think they were trying to be original. "Malice in Wonderland" isn't a hard pun to come up with even if you don't know the pop culture history Chizzle cited.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tambourin81" data-cite="tambourin81" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42192" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>That said, I'm totally going to make a tag team in the game called "Mustache Mountain"</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Legendary tag team name.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42192" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Could be either one, Brother D. We all come at things from different angles. So some might see the Snoop Dogg reference like Brother Chizzle noted. Some might primarily see the TEW reference. I know I'd probably be in that camp as well. Some might even think they were trying to be original. "Malice in Wonderland" isn't a hard pun to come up with even if you don't know the pop culture history Chizzle cited.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yea I don't know how popular TEW is in the wrestling world but I mean isn't there something to be said about 2 products in the same genre having similarities?</p><p> </p><p> Like if a wrestler came out and named himself Man Mountain Cahill or The Supreme Star would I be wrong to think they've been pulling gimmicks from TEW?</p>

<p>Probably not. I'm sure I saw something a while back about a wrestler whose name was the same as a TEW worker... Might even have been Tommy Cornell - but it was just something that caught my eye.</p><p> </p><p>

If he'd had a more gimmicky name like Angry Gilmore or MM Cahill, I'd have been certain, but it could have been a coincidence.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42192" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Probably not. I'm sure I saw something a while back about a wrestler whose name was the same as a TEW worker... Might even have been Tommy Cornell - but it was just something that caught my eye.<p> </p><p> If he'd had a more gimmicky name like Angry Gilmore or MM Cahill, I'd have been certain, but it could have been a coincidence.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It would take some serious digging around to figure out for certain. But I seem to remember that having been Christian Faith. Which again wouldn't be hard to come up with TEW-free. "Christian faith" isn't an uncommon phrase.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42192" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Legendary tag team name.<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Yea I don't know how popular TEW is in the wrestling world but I mean isn't there something to be said about 2 products in the same genre having similarities?</p><p> </p><p> Like if a wrestler came out and named himself Man Mountain Cahill or The Supreme Star would I be wrong to think they've been pulling gimmicks from TEW?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Right. I don't say that it's possible to suggest that it's very likely. But there were shots of workers playing around with TNM back in the day. And we did have Vince Russo posting videos where he was playing TEW a year or two ago. So it's not completely unrealistic either. </p><p> </p><p> However this topic does bring to mind something Lou Simon was saying recently during the Talk Talk show on Sirius about music and musicians. Many times the questions we have about whether Singer A took inspiration from Singer B when performing only occur to us because we have the time to think about them. Where Singer A won't have any clue because they either don't remember or were too in the moment to even think about the similiarity. Something like that is probably the more likely answer in this case as well. But every situation is its own case and it only takes one.</p>

Archived