Budget Cuts and Prioritization

I would love to hear everybody's strategy in terms of cutting costs and prioritizing finances... When you first begin the game, where are the easy cost savings that don't hurt the product as much as others. Where do you prioritize investment to get strong returns on growth down the line. How long are you willing to run with lower production levels than rivals before investing in improvements? Etc.

If I'm a low-level company, MAW for example, I don't worry about Production as long as the shows are good enough to boost our popularity. I renegotiate with everyone and give them Exclusively In-Ring, Events Only or Major TV & Above, and occasionally hiring veto (depending on the worker), and pay them as little as I can and make downsides as cheap as I can, and that's pretty much my entire strategy.

Keep only one road agent, announcer, and color commentator. Depending on your product, cut all your personalities and managers. Your enhancement and openers don't need to be anyone good, so if you don't plan on pushing them up the ladder, cut them and hire cheaper talent.

If I'm a low-level company, MAW for example, I don't worry about Production as long as the shows are good enough to boost our popularity. I renegotiate with everyone and give them Exclusively In-Ring, Events Only or Major TV & Above, and occasionally hiring veto (depending on the worker), and pay them as little as I can and make downsides as cheap as I can, and that's pretty much my entire strategy.

This has been my strategy since my RTG with CV97. Most cost-effective roster building method I've been able to find.

Major companies, however, I typically just give myself an obnoxious amount of money because it's a different "type" of game, if you will.

Archived