Is GSW considered "hard" difficulty?

They went broke and became MAW's child company in my 2013 game, now I'm playing as them and I'm 9k in the hole with production values at lowest and still losing money, attendance going down and never up even as I put on D+ rated shows which it tells me increase my popularity but then I lose it all back in the regional battles.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MachoManOrton" data-cite="MachoManOrton" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42242" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>They went broke and became MAW's child company in my 2013 game, now I'm playing as them and I'm 9k in the hole with production values at lowest and still losing money, attendance going down and never up even as I put on D+ rated shows which it tells me increase my popularity but then I lose it all back in the regional battles.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would consider it to be "hard", but there are measures that needs to be taken in order to survive with GSW in the year 2013 in this new edition of tew. First, I would cut all dead weight or people you consider unimportant. Afterwards, make sure you see who in the unemployed workers can be consistent for ratings. You'll need people who can deliver immediately. I would sign Jack Griffith and Ota personally as they can carry GSW with ratings until you can really afford to spend the doe. Good Luck, but that is all I've been able to do to keep GSW afloat whenever I played as them which is not often.</p>

Trying everything right now and my best month was a $900 loss. Working the midcard title down the payscale, leaving 2 of my 3 main eventers off shows, hoping Fro Sure has time to get established as figurehead and wondering when the company will just shut down. The crazy thing was by the time I started having good main events the production values were capping the show at D+ so my popularity couldn't benefit. At least I have high reputation and can open a new promotion in a less contested area.

<p>What is your sponsorship money like?</p><p> </p><p>

If you're being kept afloat by your sponsors, don't run a show every month. What happens is that your only expenses will be the Production costs (very low), and your Sponsors will probably make up for it. When I was playing as MAW I was getting hammered every month and didn't know what to do. When I stopped running a show every single month, that small amount of profit really helped and eventually I broke out of it. </p><p> </p><p>

Since you're not gaining popularity anyway right now, take it slow. The off months will really save you.</p><p> </p><p>

Protip: Don't delete the events. Instead go to the day of the event, and change the date on the schedule.</p>

They went out of business and I started a company in northwest. Now that I think about it I should have; a. spammed Fro Sure in angles early, not just for grades but to scout his entertainment and remove figurehead penalties, b. fired announce team, c. not tried to have a midcard of any value, d. not been so quick to reduce production, I was putting on good shows but got my rating capped. Not holding shows every month is an interesting idea, I'll keep it in mind for future playthroughs.

Archived