WCW Returns in 2016!

<p>WCW News</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>WCW News and Updates</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Reports are circulating around the wrestling world that a former WWE Superstar has signed a deal with WCW, the name however is being hidden.</strong></p>

<p>WCW Wednesday Night Nitro September week 1</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>WCW Wednesday Night Nitro</strong></p></div><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Location: Chiles Center, Portland, Oregon</strong></p></div><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Attendance: 4212</strong></p></div><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>TV: 1.42 1,069,050 Viewers live on Fox</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The show opens with a video recapping the events that took place at The Great American Bash when Bad News Barrett defeated Cody Rhodes. (63)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bad News Barrett's music hits as he heads to the ring (83)</strong></p><p>

"Well would you look at that every one of you actually thought your hero Cody Rhodes was going to defeat me at The Great American Bash. Well I'm afraid I've got some bad news your hero Cody Rhodes will never again be allowed to challenge for the WCW Championship as long as I'm champion and since I have no plans on relinquishing this championship it is safe to say Cody Rhodes will never be WCW Champion."</p><p>

<strong>Bobby Roode Music hits (74)</strong></p><p>

"Barrett I know you were busy with your championship defense and all at the ppv but in case you need a refresher you are looking at a man who went through Aaron Stevens and Mr. Anderson in the same night just to challenge you for that WCW Title at Starcade next month. I Bobby Roode will be the man to take that WCW Championship away from you Barrett you can believe that"</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Brian Cage vs Trent (39)</strong></p><p><strong>

Trent defeats Brian Cage with a rollup in 9 minutes</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Camera catches a defeated Cody Rhodes entering the arena (57)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Backstage Promo with Anderson and Stevens (66)</strong></p><p>

"Aaron let's lay this down and analyze this since you are the smart one. How did we go from potential number one contenders for the WCW Title to fighting two criminals in Cryme Tyme tonight?</p><p>

Aaron: "Simply despicable actions we cannot allow it"</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Aaron Stevens and Mr. Anderson vs Cryme Tyme (48)</strong></p><p><strong>

Anderson and Stevens defeat Cryme Tyme by pinfall in 10 minutes</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Nick Aldis is seen backstage holding the WCW US Championship in hand (46)</strong></p><p>

"Tonight I give an opportunity to a young and upcoming star in Pentagon Jr to showcase his talents against me for the US Title, this belt signifies greatness and displays glory and I want to hold on to this belt for as long as I possibly can."</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>US Title: Pentagon Jr vs Nick Aldis* (47)</strong></p><p><strong>

Nick Aldis defeats Pentagon JR by pinfall in 12 minutes</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Post match from the crowd Adam Cole lays out the US Champion and holds the belt up (54)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Cody Rhodes Emotional Promo (80)</strong></p><p>

"Thank you for that reception guys I really do but I don't deserve it. Last night I set out on a mission to become the WCW Champion by any means necessary and I came up short, I let you all down, I let my family down, and I let myself down. Everyone I have talked to since Sunday have been asking me Cody where do you go from here? I simply answer, home. WCW is the land of opportunity and clearly after the performance I had this Sunday I need to get away from wrestling for a little bit and find the Cody Rhodes you all pay to see and want to see. So this isn't good bye but for now it's see you later."</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Video recapping the WCW Tag Title match from this past Sunday (45)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Omega Men vs Motor City Machine Guns non title (47)</strong></p><p><strong>

The Motor City Machine Guns defeat the Omega Men in 12 minutes by DQ when LAX attacked them</strong></p><p>

</p><p><strong>

LAX lays out the Motor City Machine Guns and demands their titles back (51)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mike Knox vs Kevin Kiley (39)</strong></p><p><strong>

Mike Knox defeats Kevin Kiley by pinfall in 10 minutes</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bobby Roode backstage prepping for his match with Rhino (57)</strong></p><p>

"I know damn well what I'm facing tonight in Rhino a man who is pissed he lost this past Sunday and wants to channel his anger. Unfortunately for him I am on a mission for that WCW Title and will stop at nothing to get it!"</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bobby Roode vs Rhino (64)</strong></p><p><strong>

Bobby Roode defeats Rhino by pinfall in 12 minutes</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Post match Bobby Roode has a staredown with Bad News Barrett who is safely standing on the stage (69)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating: 69</strong></p>

<p>WCW Wednesday Night Nitro September Week 2</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>WCW: Wednesday Night Nitro</strong></p></div><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Location: Concicla Stadium, Montreal Quebec</strong></p></div><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Attendance: 4000</strong></p></div><p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>TV: 1.45 1,087,500 Viewers live on Fox</strong></p></div><p></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bad News Barrett makes his way down the aisle (96)</strong></p><p>

"Last week Bobby Roode made it clear that he wants the WCW Championship, unfortunately for him Bad News Barrett holds the WCW Championship. Bad News Barrett has already gotten rid of one useless pathetic soul who thought they deserved to be WCW Champion. Bobby Roode you are no different, you are just another guy for Bad News Barrett to defeat to stay as the king of WCW."</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Stanley Combs interrupts Bad News Barrett and announces he will face Pentagon JR tonight. (28)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Dameon Duke vs Mike Knox (33)</strong></p><p><strong>

Mike Knox defeats Dameon Duke in 9 minutes by pinfall</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Post match Phil Shatter walks on to the stage (34)</strong></p><p>

"I'll admit Knox that was impressive but I want to see you try that against someone your size next week it's me vs you."</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin walk into the ring and have an announcement (40)</strong></p><p>

"So we made it clear to WCW Management that we needed time tonight before the WCW Tag Team title match to come out here and make an announcement. Chris Sabin has a severe concussion suffered from LAX last week and cannot compete for a few months hindering our WCW Tag Titles. Now I don't plan on relinquishing these belts to Stanley Combs if you could come into the ring."</p><p>

<strong>Stanley enters the ring (28)</strong></p><p>

"Stanley I'm asking you to allow me to bring in a replacement partner for this tag team title match tonight vs LAX."</p><p>

<strong>Stanley: </strong>"Yes who is it?"</p><p>

<strong>Shelley</strong>: "Matt Sydel!"</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>WCW Tag Team Titles: LAX vs Alex Shelley and Matt Sydel* (44)</strong></p><p><strong>

Alex Shelley defeats Homicide by pinfall in 12 minutes following a miscue by hernandez</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Adam Cole enters the arena (52)</strong></p><p>

"Nick Aldis last week was the warning shot on you and not because I have a problem with you, but because you have something I want. So right here tonight Nick Aldis I am challenging you for a US Title shot at Starcade, you have one week to accept or I make you accept."</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Backstage Anderson and Stevens (40)</strong></p><p>

"So let's make sure everything is understood here last week we beat cryme tyme convincingly and tonight we must do it again, interesting if they wanted to give us a night off they could just tell us next time."</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Aaron Stevens / Mr. Anderson vs Cryme Tyme (46)</strong></p><p><strong>

Aaron Stevens defeats JTG by pinfall in 10 minutes</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Stanley Combs walks into the ring and has announcement (15)</strong></p><p>

"At Starcade I want to have international flavor on the card and at this moment I would like to announce Rhino vs Naomichi Marofuji."</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rhino walks onto the stage (35)</strong></p><p>

"Stanley why is it you chose me to destroy this international superstar at Starcade and not give me a title shot. I deserve a title shot."</p><p>

<strong>Stanley:</strong> Rhino you beat Marofuji you will become number one contender for WCW Title."</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rhino vs Sonjay Dutt (50)</strong></p><p><strong>

Rhino defeats Sonjay Dutt by pinfall in 9 minutes</strong></p><p>

</p><p><strong>

Bobby Roode Promo (64)</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p>

"Bad News Barrett you know damn well that I have earned every step in my career by scratching and clawing at every chance. You also know that my time in TNA I defeated people who were just like you and they thought they were invincible but Barrett you are not and at Starcade I will prove it and become WCW Champion." </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Pentagon JR backstage promo (48)</strong></p><p>

"Tonight I get an opportunity of a lifetime and face off against the WCW Champion Bad News Barrett, win lose or draw I showcase why Pentagon Jr is a major player here in WCW."</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Pentagon Jr vs Bad News Barrett non title (56)</strong></p><p><strong>

Bad News Barrett defeats Pentagon JR by pinfall in 16 minutes</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Following the match Bobby Roode hits the ring and lays out Bad News Barrett with a Roode Awakening and holds the WCW Title proudly above his head (61)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Rating: 70</strong></p>

<p>WCW Starcade Updated card</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>WCW Starcade Updated Card</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

WCW Championship Bobby Roode vs Bad News Barrett*</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Rhino vs Naomichi Marofuji</strong></p></div><p></p>

WCW Wednesday night Nitro September week 3

WCW: Wednesday Night Nitro

Attendance: 4781

TV: 1.53 1,158,150 Viewers live on FOX

The show opens with a video package announcing a 4 way ladder match for the #1 Contenders for the WCW Tag Team Titles: Aaron Stevens / Mr. Anderson vs LAX vs Omega Men vs Cryme Tyme (29)

4 way Ladder Match #1 Contender: LAX vs Omega Men vs Cryme Tyme vs Aaron Stevens and Mr. Anderson (48)

Mr. Anderson and Aaron Stevens are crowned number 1 contenders after retrieving briefcase in 15 minutes

Rhino Promo (79)

"Am I supposed to be excited or scared by facing this Japanese Superstar at Starcade? Hell no if anything he should be scared he is going one on one with the beast who posses the GORE the Manbeast Rhino! I'm on a warpath to claim the top prize here in WCW."

(Naomichi Marofuji Music Hits)

Heated Confrontation between the two competitors in the ring but neither man seems intimidated or budging.(35)

Mike Knox vs Phil Shatter (44)

Mike Knox and Phil Shatter go to a draw in 12 minutes from a double countout

Nick Aldis Promo (49)

"Two weeks ago Adam Cole made his presence felt by attacking me and last week he had the nerve to challenge me to a match for the US Title at Starcade? Well Adam Cole I accept but fighting me head on rather than a cheap attack is much more of a challenge believe that."

US Title: Brian Cage vs Nick Aldis* (50)

Nick Aldis retains the US Title by pinfall in 12 minutes

Post Match Adam Cole tries to attack Aldis again but he is ready for it as Cole misses the clothesline and bails out of the ring (52)

Camera goes backstage to The Motor City Machine Guns and Matt Sydel (46)

"Matt I appreciate you stepping in last week and keeping the tag team titles away from LAX. Can we count on you to be there at Starcade to defend the tag belts against Anderson and Stevens?"

Matt: Absolutely."

Brian Myers vs TJ Perkins (39)

Brian Myers defeats TJ Perkins by pinfall in 7 minutes

Trent vs Pentagon JR (30)

Pentagon JR defeats Trent by pinfall in 8 minutes

Bobby Roode vs Rhino (66)

Bobby Roode defeats Rhino by pinfall in 14 minutes after Marufiji distracts Rhino

Bad News Barrett walks onto the stage with a microphone (92)

"Roode if you really think it's going to be that easy to catch me off guard like you did to Rhino I'm afraid I've got some bad news."

Bobby Roode grabs a microphone (63)

"Bad News Barrett please come to this ring so I can show you how easy it is to kick your A**."

A Brawl to the back ensues where security and other wrestlers have to come out to break up the brawl (62)

Rating: 70

WCW Updated Starcade Card

WCW Updated Starcade Card

WCW Championship: Bobby Roode vs Bad News Barrett*

WCW US Championship: Adam Cole vs Nick Aldis*

WCW Tag Team Titles: Aaron Stevens and Mr. Anderson vs Alex Shelley and Matt Sydel*

Rhino vs Naomichi Marofuji

Archived