Best Place for Technical Masterclass Matches?

ok so im playing with ROH and thanks to mr silkin he changed my product that i need 1 technical masterclass match in every show but i dunno where i should put that technical masterclass because that match will always bomb because technical masterclass match isnt the right thing to be feeding rowdy crowd so do i have to book cool down match before that technical masterclass match or what i have to do if want better ratings from that technical masterclass match

Use them at any place on the card where the crowd has been cooled off. So yes, opener is acceptable, but by logical booking you'd want it to look something like this....

Opener - Work the Crowd

Next Match - Regular/Storytelling

Next Match - Wild Brawl/All Out/Steal Show/Mayhem etc...

Next Match - Calm the Crowd

Next Match - Technical Masterclass

Next Match - If you booked a TM with workers that have over 70 in technical skills then you should be able to successfully book anything provided your TM worked well. TM can also be a main event like Spectacle or Epic, just kill the crowd before.

I resigned to using them as my opener - my champ is a world class technician, but any way I built the show wouldn't allow a TM to shine in the main event. So my shows would start with a 90-100 rated technical masterclass of a World Championship match!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ampulator" data-cite="ampulator" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42266" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have said this before, but your required story aims do not, I repeat, do not, need to be in the main event. Depending on the dynamics of the particular aim, you may need to place it somewhere else on the card.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have 3 required aims in my product, Masterclass, Story Telling, and either Car Crash or Steal the Show.</p><p> </p><p> The formula I've found that works the best is:</p><p> Technical Masterclass - Opener</p><p> Storytelling - Midcard</p><p> Steal The Show - Main Event</p><p> </p><p> That's what I tend to go with that gets the best results for me.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Crychon" data-cite="Crychon" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42266" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have 3 required aims in my product, Masterclass, Story Telling, and either Car Crash or Steal the Show.<p> </p><p> The formula I've found that works the best is:</p><p> Technical Masterclass - Opener</p><p> Storytelling - Midcard</p><p> Steal The Show - Main Event</p><p> </p><p> That's what I tend to go with that gets the best results for me.</p></div></blockquote>Three? What kind of product is that? In any case, that seems good to me.<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LordofGustav" data-cite="LordofGustav" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42266" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is this a good idea for a product that only requires story telling, even if you have legitimate techincians?</div></blockquote>Sure. I can't see why Technicians can't work well storytelling-based products (I'm assuming your product has a lot of Traditional and/or Mainstream). And besides, you are only required to have 1 required match per match aim per important show (A-Show and Major Events) anyway.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ampulator" data-cite="ampulator" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42266" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sure. I can't see why Technicians can't work well storytelling-based products (I'm assuming your product has a lot of Traditional and/or Mainstream). And besides, you are only required to have 1 required match per match aim per important show (A-Show and Major Events) anyway.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Both, WWF, 1994. Planning a match between Hijo del Santo and Bob Backlund.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LordofGustav" data-cite="LordofGustav" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42266" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Both, WWF, 1994. Planning a match between Hijo del Santo and Bob Backlund.</div></blockquote>In my experience, Technicians can work well in products with some Traditional, Lucha Libre, Modern, Pure, Realism, and Hyper Realism. About the only thing I notice that is more popular is Brawling.

Archived