Your favorite non superstar, CVerse?

Who besides the top row supermen and "main character" types do you always make a point to hire and push in your games? For me it's Christopher Ball, my goal being to make him a Ken Shamrock or at least Steve Blackman style upper midcarder. He's currently got a legendary MMA Badass gimmick rating and won an MMA fight while with my promotion, also positive chemistry with Sweet Tabitha as manager whose lowest entertainment/camera skill is C microphone and has B+ star quality. Really want to train him against top guys and keep his momentum up with submission wins over jobbers.

Easily, It'd be Faith McGee, Joanna Silver,Charity Sweet, and any decent random gen I sign to my company. There's something to be proud of building up a guy from no name jobber to, if not superstar, a named worker in the CVerse. It's one reason I start the game randomly generating workers straight away, most are trash, but every once in a blue moon, you get that guy or gal you can point to and go 'You, you I will make a name for.'

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="demondragonking" data-cite="demondragonking" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42274" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Easily, It'd be Faith McGee, Joanna Silver,Charity Sweet</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Actually Charity Sweet has been one of my bigger stars in my C-Verse game. 8 years in, she has 2 Grand Championships (my version of world title), just ended her 3rd Tag Championship with Teresa Perez (As Queens of the Ring), and is the only triple crown champion so far with 1 Rising Star Title (Midcard Title).</p>

Taylor Kidd. The first game I played in the first one he was in (2010?) I signed him up as USPW and had a great laugh using him as Sam Strong's hapless protoge, The American Kidd. He never got useful in the ring in that save, sadly.

Guest Asaemon
My favorites are Jack Griffith, Cobra, Sgt. Bubba Lee West and Dazzling Dave Diamond. Triple D is in TCW, but the rest i will hire.

<p>Another vote for Bob Casey. He's been rather the icon of my micro-indy scene when I've played game. The intense rivalry with Ted Brady in particular is the stuff of legend in Cappy Land.</p><p> </p><p>

But with Bob aging, the guy I've really been wanting to get off the ground now that Valentine has an attitude is Remmy Honeyman. I don't know exactly what it is with him but something about Honeyman just grabs me.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bungle" data-cite="Bungle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42274" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Dusty Ducont, Richie Riggins,Sterling Whitlock,Chess Maniac,Rocky Weatherfield and Zoe Ammis.<p> </p><p> Allison Addison and Sweet Tabitha for non-wrestlers.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Zoe Amiss was gonna be my answer as well! Came in and became the no 1 woman in my QAW game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="tywood2022" data-cite="tywood2022" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42274" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For what it's worth, I just turned Angry Gilmore heel even though he didn't want to, and it only dropped him from 'Very Happy' to 'Happy'.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think you missed, the "Angry at heel turns" thread is that way *point at a random direction*</p>

<p>Magwitch </p><p> </p><p>

I love the insane clown gimmick. Often I'll bring in Hellech and Pierrot to make it a trio.</p><p> </p><p>

Felipe Caballero</p><p> </p><p>

He's the perfect blank slate to give any masked character too, usually depending on who he has chemistry with.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Hells Bouncer</p>

+1 on the Caballero wagon.

I once briefly used him (and intend to do so again) as a flashy champ from mex brought in to a small/regional US company with an over manager and a couple of sexy ringsiders, the others adequately statted to cover Felipe's low popularity. It's an immediate title push, albeit a costly one involving 4 workers.

Forgot to mention Ernie Turner earlier too.

Archived