Best Company for 1st Game?

I'm a little late to the TEW2016 party, I've been addicted to my SWF game in TEW2013 as I took over the industry like Vince McMahon. But now I'm ready to hop in.

I'm sure there's plenty of you guys that have put a ton of time into the game. So I wanted to ask, what do you think is the company to play to get used to the game? Whether it's getting familiar to any new layouts or the characters or even just the fun factor, where would you recommend to start with TEW2016?

Sorry if this post already exists. I tried to look for one, but no go.

Thanks!

MAW is a great company to start with to learn new features.

You could start with AAA or QAW if you like women's wrestling.

Or, to really explore things, start a company with a good chunk of money at small or regional.

There's someone here, I forget who, that runs a training fed - basically you're there to train the future stars. So this way, you're always having to build new people since they constantly get poached.

Cool, I'll mess around with MAW and see how it goes.

It's gonna be weird after playing TEW2013 for so long, ya know, knowing how all the wrestlers and companies. But I'm looking forward to see how the franchise has progressed with this latest edition.

Cool, I'll mess around with MAW and see how it goes.

It's gonna be weird after playing TEW2013 for so long, ya know, knowing how all the wrestlers and companies. But I'm looking forward to see how the franchise has progressed with this latest edition.

In years past I would always say CGC. It was the first game that got me into Cverse back in TEW2005. They always seemed the easiest to pick up and go with. This year they are so depleted I wouldn't recommend them for a first game.

MAW is always a good place to start. I have found PSW and NYCW a good place to start as well. It really depends what kind of company you like. Do you like booking 90-100% matches or do you like a lot of entertainment angles?

<p>I really like RAW if you are open to a Sports Entertainment product, for a lot of reasons. </p><p> </p><p>

First, you start with a roster that is already excellent for what you're going for. Tons of guys with great entertainment skill, star power and mic skills. You have so many high ceiling guys and established stars it can be hard to decide who gets pushed to the moon. You also have a lot of great prospects available to hire. </p><p> </p><p>

Second, you're in a great place in your game area. RAW completely dominates Australia, you have a ton of money, a great TV deal and access to PPV. You are the only cult level company in Australia and so you are the only promotion that can lock down guys to written deals. </p><p> </p><p>

Third, Australia is literally an island. The big stars in Australia don't have draw elsewhere, and most big stars elsewhere aren't that well known here. No other area has spillover to Australia. That means you rarely have bigger fish coming in to compete, and you rarely have them coming after your stars. It's pretty easy to build a powerhouse.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42276" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> <p> Or, to really explore things, start a company with a good chunk of money at small or regional. </p><p> </p><p> There's someone here, I forget who, that runs a training fed - basically you're there to train the future stars. So this way, you're always having to build new people since they constantly get poached.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That would be me. and I typically start at Local. That way I'm not penalized for trying to get a creative sense of my opening roster because at that level just getting a rating is a good thing. I should still have the rules I play my training feds around here somewhere. If the OP wants them, I'd gladly chase them down.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42276" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you don't mind, I'd love to see those rules. Would be great for a change of pace game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Be glad to share. Had them posted in a thread once but that would have been either the TEW10 or 13 forum. Let me chase them down, see if anything needs tweaking and then I can re-post them.</p>

<p>Pretty much any promotion is good to play with now, honestly. TEW 16 is the easiest TEW ever, so you could just jump right in. </p><p> </p><p>

I like SWF and MAW to start out with. I would choose SWF, though, because the money management of a small company, along with handling production costs and regional battles, might be a bit of a challenge. With SWF you don't have to worry about money.</p>

I started my first save with SNP. You've a truck full of money so you don't need to worry about that and there's no direct competition as such as 21CW exist in a different universe so you can pretty much work away at your own pace and get away with making mistakes (like my short-lived Training Dojo but that's another, costly, story for another day).

The only downside I can see arising is that you can probably only take them so far (and certainly so fast) due to the unattractive nature of the product that owner Mark Carnie insists upon.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sabataged" data-cite="sabataged" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42276" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In years past I would always say CGC. It was the first game that got me into Cverse back in TEW2005. They always seemed the easiest to pick up and go with. This year they are so depleted I wouldn't recommend them for a first game.<p> </p><p> MAW is always a good place to start. I have found PSW and NYCW a good place to start as well. It really depends what kind of company you like. Do you like booking 90-100% matches or do you like a lot of entertainment angles?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've been exactly the same with CGC, might have been the first company I played as back in 2005. It was a very fun roster to play as, yet it has dwindled right along with the older DeColts. Coincidentally to this topic, though, I just signed Ricky DeColt to my MAW game in TEW 2016, being that he's a really good talent on a cheap PPA in the US.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks for the advice, folks. I've been jumping around since purchasing this a couple days ago. Needless to say, I'm addicted haha. I've even started a game unemployed to see how that goes. I'm currently six months in and no job openings yet! Come on, trashy backyard wrestling company, open up and help me boost my reputation! haha</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42276" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Be glad to share. Had them posted in a thread once but that would have been either the TEW10 or 13 forum. Let me chase them down, see if anything needs tweaking and then I can re-post them.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A quick Google search found this: </p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524493" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524493</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42276" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A quick Google search found this: <p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524493" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524493</a></p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for doing the legwork, man. Between modem issues and stormy weather I didn't get much shot to do it myself today. Only thing I can think of that I'd add to what I have there is that if I'm going to use a pre-existing company, I use the Copy Data function and play from that. That way when I'm done with that game and want to restore the data to normal I don't have to download it all over again.</p>

Archived