UWF: One Man's Trash (1991)

<p>Great stuff! Really enjoying this dynasty and how it plays out. I never got to watch much UWF, but I always wanted to check it out. I had heard the rumors that they had some great talent but some.. well... not so good booking, to say the least, but it's almost impossible to find any UWF videos or anything now. I'm hoping UWF finds its way onto the WWE Network at some point.</p><p> </p><p>

In any case, you couldn't go wrong with either Williams or Orndorff as your first champ. And signing Austin? Big move. Good luck, I'll be reading.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i.imgur.com/eCbpfr3.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42330" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">News for the Week of January 19th, 1991</span></strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><ul><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">Reports coming out of the UWF are saying that the </div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>New Year Nightmare</strong></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">was seen as a big success, and that due to this there will be more monthly events to be planned for the rest of the year, with the next one being sometime in the middle of February.</div></div><br /><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div><br /><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">While the event as a whole was a success there was a minor hiccup as </div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>Chris Youngblood</strong></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> suffered a </div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>Wrist Contusion</strong></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> during the tag title match after a botched move from </div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>David Power</strong></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">. While a minor injury that won't bother Chris for even a week, it is being said that David feels annoyed at causing the injury in the first place.</div></div><br /><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div><br /><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">Speaking of upset talent, it is understood that </div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>David Sammartino</strong></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> is an unhappy camper due to being left off of the NYN card entirely. However his frustrations probably won't last long as the company is reportedly placing David in a core storyline revolving around the new </div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"><strong>UWF SportsChannel Television Championship</strong></div></div><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">.</div></div></li></ul></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i.imgur.com/WGW6BtJ.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42330" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i.imgur.com/jPtV9Ku.jpg</span><p> <span style="font-size:14px;"><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">UWF Fury Hour</span></strong></span></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p></p><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">With the Nightmare having come and gone it's a new dawn that rises upon the landscape of the UWF as we go through the aftermath of crowning both the World Tag Team and World Heavyweight Champions!</div></div><p> </p><p> </p><ul><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">As announced during the New Year Nightmare by UWF Owner Gordon Gekko, tonight will be a third crowning as 15 of the UWF's superstars will meet in an Over the Top Battle Royal to decide the first ever UWF SportsChannel Television Champion!</div></div><br /><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div><br /><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">Having both been on the losing end during the World Heavyweight Championship Tournament, "Killer Bee" B. Brian Blair goes head to head in a rematch against "The Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff!</div></div><br /><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div><br /><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">His initial debut may have been ruined by Steve Williams during the NYN, but tonight the UWF's newest star, Kevin Von Erich, will make his debut against the vile Colonel DeBeers! With his new Corporal by his side the Colonel has the edge, but for Kevin Von Erich being outnumbered isn't anything new!</div></div><br /><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div><br /><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;"> </div></div><br /></li><li><div style="margin-left:25px;"><div style="margin-left:25px;">Before all that happens however, Gordon Gekko is planning on opening the show to address some of what happened during the Nightmare. Specifics of this address are still unknown, especially with so much having gone down!</div></div></li></ul><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i.imgur.com/WGW6BtJ.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">January 22nd, 1991: Fury Hour</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">UWF SportsChannel Television Championship</span></strong></p><p> <strong><em>15 Man Over the Top Battle Royal</em></strong></p><p> <strong>(Top nine singles are listed, missing are Riki Ataki, Chief Jay, Power Twins and Hotbodies)</strong></p><p> Al Burke vs Brickhouse Brown vs Cactus Jack vs David Sammartino vs Joshua Ben-Gurion vs Shane Douglas vs Steve Austin vs The Viking vs Tom Brandi </p><p> Comments:</p><p> </p><p> "Killer Bee" B. Brian Blair vs "The Russian Bear" Ivan Koloff</p><p> Comments:</p><p> </p><p> Kevin Von Erich vs Colonel DeBeers w/Corporal Kirchner</p><p> Comments:</p><p> </p><p><strong> </strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Battle Royal:</span></strong></p><p> Who will be the final four?</p><p> Who will get the most eliminations?</p><p> Who will be the runner up?</p><p> </p><p> Gordon is making an address tonight to open the show, what will he talk about? (Can choose more than one)</p><p> </p><p> -Colonel DeBeers switch w/Kirchner</p><p> -DeBeers' attack on Iceman King Parsons</p><p> -One (or both) of the new champions</p><p> -Orton's distraction in the Main Event</p><p> -The mysterious blackout and words</p><p> -Bam Bam's post match assault on Muraco</p><p> </p><p> Overall Comments on Diary/Show:</p></div></blockquote>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="chopps4312" data-cite="chopps4312" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42330" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pure gold. I'm a huge fan of older real world diaries. Looking forward to the return and finding out who the dark mysterious voice is.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you for the compliment! Glad to hear the voice got someone's interest. I wasn't so sure about starting it just yet, but with the ideas I have, the person behind the voice will be a player for a while.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The_CoC" data-cite="The_CoC" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42330" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is awesome SLM.... Austin is going to be a big player for you for sure.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks mate, and I fully agree. I've been dying to see someone really go full out "Stunning" with Steve with diaries, so I'm excited to get the chance to do it myself.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="justtxyank" data-cite="justtxyank" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42330" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Great write up. You did UWF justice, especially Col. DeBeers lol.<p> </p><p> Glad you are back at it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Good to be back, I really try to get characters down pat, regardless of the gimmick or intentions behind it unless it's something super extreme. In regards to DeBeers his gimmick got cut down a bit while in the UWF, so I don't have to go too far with him.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sportsfanmas" data-cite="sportsfanmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42330" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Great stuff! Really enjoying this dynasty and how it plays out. I never got to watch much UWF, but I always wanted to check it out. I had heard the rumors that they had some great talent but some.. well... not so good booking, to say the least, but it's almost impossible to find any UWF videos or anything now. I'm hoping UWF finds its way onto the WWE Network at some point.<p> </p><p> In any case, you couldn't go wrong with either Williams or Orndorff as your first champ. And signing Austin? Big move. Good luck, I'll be reading.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thing is, 1991 wasn't too bad a start for them...then they only got worse from there. Like that Midget World Championship part in the intro with my user character? That wasn't a joke, they legit had a sanctioned title for midget wrestling. Tells you something bout the booking.</p><p> </p><p> As for finding videos I know there's a channel on Youtube that has the first 40 episodes of Fury Hour, I stopped watching at 40 however so for all I know it continues to the rest of the show's runtime.</p><p> </p><p> I love Orndorff, but due to how my roster is I need him as the face veteran that everybody tries to fight. That doesn't mean he'll be away from the title picture however, as at this age he's perfect for a classic chase storyline. Williams however is perfect where he's at, right at the top of the food chain.</p>

Archived