How do you produce your segments?

Used to I would say do a ten minute segment with everyone involved in the whole thing in and judged on their best stat.

However.

Recently I've been watching a lot of TEW on youtube and I notice people breaking segs down into three or four smaller pieces.

Which way do you prefer? Which way works better within the game? I always assumed longer segs were better for gains, but I could be totally wrong, right?

What'choo think?

<p>I do it to give my episode's some story line.</p><p> </p><p>

I simply click Add Angle, Clone Angle, change the name of the new angle, then edit the commentary.</p><p> </p><p>

My biggest pain about this and I'll love it to be amended but doubt it will happen is the character limit getting extended.</p>

Mine are generally one segment to tell the whole story. I consider attack to be part of save from attack, promo to be part of interrupted promo, etc. I also try to go angle>match>angle>all the way to the end, the main exception being pre-main event I'll do "psyche up" with a manager or talky undercarder rated on entertainment, followed by video or pre-match entrance just in case the psyche up rating drags the crowd down.

Usually I have 10 minutes for uppermids and below, but 15-20 mins for Main Eventers. I usually have a massive 20-ish minute Authority figure promo at the start of the show (sometimes ending it), usually to either announce the main event etc, or getting interrupted by a superstar, who then gets tossed into a match right now.

<p>Depends on your product. If you have a performance-based product with little to no angles, you should have the main event as long as you can without cutting into time you need for other matches, and without hurting the grade of the match. Personally, I have the Co-Main (Semi-Main) Event at 16 minutes, with every other match 10 minutes.</p><p> </p><p>

For popularity-based promotions, my longest match(es) are generally going to be 16 minutes, with all other matches being 10 minutes. All my angles will be at least 6 minutes.</p>

<p>The only time I'll split my segments is if it's say interrupted. Like take my current NYCW fued which I've called Honest & Knuckles becuase I'm a tosser. I have Frank cutting a promo with Harry Allen about Knuckles, then Knuckles comes in and bashes him on the head with a chair, the promo will be one segment, then the chair shot the second, but this is more because of wanting to seperate their performance needs. Franks Mic skills are for the first part, then his selling for the chairshot. This also lets me keep Knuckles out of the promo proper untill he comes in and cracks Frank with the chair.</p><p> </p><p>

But I pretty much exclusivly use freestyle angles in 16, so it's very easy to set these things up and give them descriptive titles.</p>

<p>In my current save I have a Perf > Pop product. I try to book it like old ROH shows, and New Japan.</p><p> </p><p>

My angles are limited to pre-match interviews, post-match handshakes, celebrations, and (very rare) runins. My usual shows look like this...</p><p> </p><p>

Main event: 22-28 minutes.</p><p>

Co-Main: 22-28 minutes.</p><p>

Multiman Match (2v2v2, 3v3s, or 4v4s): 16-24 minutes.</p><p>

Midcard: 15-18 minutes</p><p>

Midcard: 15-18 minutes</p><p>

Spotfest: 8-12 minutes.</p><p>

Spotfest: 8-12 minutes.</p><p> </p><p>

I'll fill the rest of the time in with short angles. I usually just do one segment for a whole angle, and if I don't know what to rate someone on I go with overness.</p>

My segments are only split if it makes sense to me to do so. I use the free style angles but like my shows to roughly read well on reflection. So for example recently had a match of Bray Wyatt v Dolph Ziggler. Post match HHH attacks Dolph hitting a pedigree in the ring. Then another angle as Randy Orton hit an rko on Bray on his way to the back. I didn't really want to put both attacks under the same umbrella so in my mind made sense to split them. However had HHH came out talked a bit then pedigreed Dolph the talking and attack is one segment for me.

Is there a difference in gains?

Does putting everyone in a 10 minute seg give better gains than splitting it into a bunch of 2-4 minute segs?

That's my major concern.

5 minutes used to be a cutoff point for something, not sure if it still is, or if so what it affects. Skill gains, overness changes, show grades.

As I'm booking AWA the product is based more on the matches, so I mainly just use interview segments, promo segments, pre-match/post match segments and match hypes when it's a PPV and sometimes skits for particular wrestlers.

I normally have my segments ranging from 5 minutes to 8 minutes and find that works really well, mainly my go-to segment time is normally 6-7 minutes, and I switch on what I aim at, mainly entertainment and overall is what I use, and then I'd use microphone for those who are really good on the mic.

Archived