Can someone help me get into the Cverse?

I've been playing EWR and TEW for about a year now, but I never got into the CornellVerse and stuck to RW mods. Now it's just hard to start as I don't have any connection to anyone. Is there like, a lore guide or could someone give me a general rundown on the big events of this universe, pretty please?

<p><a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/cornellverse/" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/cornellverse/</a></p><p> </p><p>

This will at least get you up to date with 2010. It hasn't been updated since then, unfortunately.</p><p> </p><p>

Many of the big events are actually easily findable in the game now with the increased bio sizes. However if you want a run down, I'll try to stick to companies I've run in the past.</p><p> </p><p>

In USA:</p><p>

~ If you want to run a US company, they more or less all run like WWE does. There are distinct differences between companies, but they are pretty much built on that basis.</p><p> </p><p>

~ Confederation of The Territories (COTT) is an alliance built to help with giving wrestlers more places to work at that they normally wouldn't be allowed to do. If you want a real world example, it basically allows them to get work visas for Canada, Mexico or USA.</p><p> </p><p>

~ Supreme Wrestling Federation (basically attitude era WWE) have fallen to second place due to Eric Eisen's push. Trust me, they say it was just a horrific year, but Eric Eisen was the cause of it. Well, the roster is old as well, thereby allowing USPW to usurp a lead by the end of 2015.</p><p> </p><p>

~ United States Pro Wrestling (basically PG WWE) has been taken over by billionaire Allen Packer and moved to the Riverie subscription channel. Giving them so much muscle. They opened up a women's division that Alicia Strong is dominating. Alicia Strong is Sam Strong's daughter. Sam Strong is basically this universes Hulk Hogan.</p><p> </p><p>

~ Total Championship Wrestling (basically NXT before NXT was a thing) is now in the hands of toy company BriCo. This is because Tommy Cornell couldn't keep the ship afloat. Tommy Cornell is basically the British version of Bret Hart's character (best there was, is, and always will be).</p><p> </p><p>

In Japan:</p><p>

~ Japanese promotions are run like athletic events, rather than spectacles. Therefore you need to treat them like serious events that have serious consequences. They don't usually like sports entertainment finishes.</p><p> </p><p>

~ The Modern Japan Movement (media named) was created by Ryu Kajahara and is basically making it more "western", product wise. Practically every company has done it with a few exceptions.</p><p> </p><p>

~ Burning Hammer Of The Wrestling Gods is the #1 promotion in Japan, but going through a murky time. Even though they were #1, they decided to join in the movement, thereby alienating their fans who look at it as a money grab and tossing traditions aside. This will hurt the company, even though they put on great shows.</p><p> </p><p>

~ Pride Glory Honor Wrestling is the #2 promotion of Japan and continues to still work with the traditional model of Japanese wrestling. Thanks to BHOTWG's idea to go western, PGHW is now seen as "traditional" and will likely rise above BHOTWG.</p><p> </p><p>

~ World Level Wrestling is a very westernized product, but also very much its own thing. Combining modern and lucha wrestling with strong doses of comedy and mainstream product, they've been able to ride a wave of good torrent. With the Japanese scene going more Western, they'll only benefit more from this. If you want to run this company, it'll be more of a western approach than traditional Japanese.</p><p> </p><p>

In Mexico:</p><p>

~ Lucha wrestling is an interesting beast of fast technical work and amazingly colorful characters. You can have a ton of fun with this product. There are also certain rule sets that come with Lucha, like 2 of 3 fall matches, six man tags being an ordinary thing. Lots of fun stuff.</p><p> </p><p>

~ Original Lucha Libre Is Eternal is the oldest federation in the world and used to have a stranglehold on the wrestling in Mexico. Now they are clearly the third place child in the race and are trying not to fall behind anymore.</p><p> </p><p>

~ South Of The Border Pro Wrestling is currently the #1 federation of Mexico. While many in Mexico proclaim that SOTBPW just buys success, the fact is that they've done a lot of innovative things. They have Champagne Lover, who is basically so damn good, it isn't funny. Basically the new Tommy Cornell.</p><p> </p><p>

In Canada:</p><p>

~ Canadian wrestling is odd. It should really be a lot of technical wrestling, but in fact each of the 4 companies in Canada run entirely different products. This means that there isn't really a single style of play that you can go with here.</p><p> </p><p>

If you wanted to start a new company in North America, this is likely the easiest place to do so.</p><p> </p><p>

~ North Of The Border Pro Wrestling is owned by the legendary Stone family. Basically the Von Erichs, but less dead. The company is the most technically sound of the Canada group and are popular across Canada. While the name is very similar to SOTBPW, the names being similar is the only thing they have in common.</p><p> </p><p>

~ Canadian Golden Combat is owned by the DeColt family (Harts). Sadly, only two known DeColts are in the company and the current owner Alex, is not a great booker. They aren't going to keep up with NOTBPW, unless you come along and save them.</p><p> </p><p>

In Elsewhere:</p><p>

~ 21st Century Wrestling is a UK company that has exploded nationally thanks to Jeff Nova and the arrival of Tommy Cornell (remember him?) has only made things even more interesting. They are sports entertainment company.</p><p> </p><p>

~ ZEN: Art of Wrestling is a wrestling company that combines off the wall comedy, lucha libre characters and highly athletic. If you want to try something unusual this would be it. Plus they are also Australian, and you want to go down under, don't ya?</p><p> </p><p>

~ Simply Awesome Wrestling is company that hasn't opened yet, but is basically theatrical entertainment. Sports? What sports? Open this California based company and have the spectacle of running a wrestling company without the wrestling aspect.</p><p> </p><p>

There are many other companies than this, but I felt these are the ones that you should look at if you want to get your feet wet. Though sometimes, taking a federation that isn't one of these guys is also an idea!</p>

~ Supreme Wrestling Federation (basically attitude era WWE) have fallen to second place due to Eric Eisen's push. Trust me, they say it was just a horrific year, but Eric Eisen was the cause of it. Well, the roster is old as well, thereby allowing USPW to usurp a lead by the end of 2015.

It isn't Eric Eisen's fault (after all Eric Eisen was near the top of the card for years), the fall of SWF was due to Steve Frehley being a massive traitor (SWF made Steve Frehley dammit), Marat Khoklov leaving and the fact that Allen Packer's USPW has a flexible TV plan that gets it so many viewers. .

Actually, Eric's own bio states that his booking at the top of the card is the reason why the betrayal happened. SWF may have made Frehley but that doesn't mean he should be beholden to them. Especially when Eric shouldn't be a main eventer and only is there because of his old man.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/73a668eb03ea4a51b187672bf65df4ab.png

I'm so sorry.

On topic, I'd agree with Dorian that the website he linked is very helpful to immersing yourself into the C-Verse. I find reading people's bios is also very helpful, whenever I play a new company I usually just go through and read-up on all of the workers so I can get a feel of the promotion and the characters.

Guest skinsfan55
I honestly have a much easier time getting into the CVerse than a real world mod. The CVerse is its own world with tons of possibilities. I always feel boxed in with real world mods.

Great summary :)

Thanks. I tried grabbing the ones that I could and I know I missed out on some good ones as well. There's plenty of federations and one that will likely cater to your desires.

Plus with the lesser known ones you can also leave your own stamp on the product as well or mold them to how you like them. Something like SNP or ACPW allow you to mold the company to how you wish. Character wise that is.

If you aren't okay with any of that, you can also build your own product. Though that's difficult because you need to make sure your product would be a success. Though since you have nothing, you can build anything!

I'm so sorry.

Don't be. As has been said, he was basically only as good as he was because of SWF. He should've tried at least to do something about it first. From Frahley's bio, he just was fed up and left. The mercenary tag is earned. Rich Money at least likely tried something.

Then again, considering Richard isn't really good at listening to people, frankly it isn't shocking that Frahley just left either.

It simply wasn't a good situation for anyone really. Well, except USPW. They totally scored big.

On topic, I'd agree with Dorian that the website he linked is very helpful to immersing yourself into the C-Verse. I find reading people's bios is also very helpful, whenever I play a new company I usually just go through and read-up on all of the workers so I can get a feel of the promotion and the characters.

Yeah, now with the added information about bios you can find out a ton of information about wrestlers that you might've not otherwise had known previously.

For example, Toshiharu Hyobanshi is always in the shadow of GCG's ace Hiroyasu Gakusha. He's frustrated by that so much that he'll usually take over any new product that opens up in Japan. He likely is like Frehley in that he believes he should be doing better.

Another is that the women's division in USPW is basically Alicia's playground. It was built basically for her sole dominance. On the plus side though, she's actually that damn good.

---

A thing I would recommend is take control of a company and get to know the wrestlers. Don't try booking correctly, but see what each wrestler does when you do anything. Get to know them. Sometimes the only way to figure out how things go down is by jumping in and getting burned.

<p>It all depends what kind of player you are, what kind of wrestling you like.</p><p> </p><p>

Easiest gameplay, try a bigger promotion, sign whomever you want cuz it's almost impossible to lose money. </p><p> </p><p>

TCW is the most based on in-ring work.</p><p>

SWF and USPW are more entertainment based and are easier to get most people over in through angles.</p><p> </p><p>

Canada has some good promotions as well, been meaning to try to revive a dying CGC, Japan is amazing, and Mexico has a media giant in SOTBPW.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

OR</p><p> </p><p>

you can start small and either join up with a smaller promotion or create your own, but try not to grow too fast and it will be a bit more strategic to make money and grow properly and you will learn some of the future stars of wrestling and give them their first big shot</p>

<p>Cverse is very fun, especially when it's fresh for you, because you have more creative freedom to work with the database.</p><p> </p><p>

SWF, USPW and TCW are of course the most played promotions, but basically each company has its own culture and barriers to overcome.</p><p> </p><p>

I would recommend starting with MAW, because it introduced a lot of CVerse's history, as well as an easy to play, generic product. </p><p> </p><p>

Honestly, in 2016, they really nerfed the indies, without a bunch of "go-to" talent available. Honestly the only one I can think of is Ernest Youngman, with KC Glenn, Steve Parker and Matthew Keith all on written contracts, which means that you're going to hae to patiently develop rookies.</p><p> </p><p>

TCW is the worst off at the moment for main American companies but they have some wicked young talent. Jay Chord might be the best prospect of the big 3 ready for a main event push, and has probably around 20 years of top star in him. Mighty Mo is more of an SWF/USPW style guy but he has huge potential as the future replacement of Rocky Golden. Even Rocky, AA and Wolf, your three aces, are in their early 30's so if you lock them up in 6-7 year contracts when it's time to resign, you should be able to stay afloat. Rocky is probably the biggest star in pro wrestling, dude is John Cena x Thor in terms of a character. Mega face. </p><p> </p><p>

SWF is #2 and they lost Frehley and Rich Money, which actually might help, because they were two of the more forgotten main eventers. Frehley is usually the most frustrating Main Eventer to book because he wasn't super over and didn't have the most dominant skill set. Money was a good, not great main eventer who had good SQ and pulled good grades but Rogue and Gilmore should be adequate replacements. Marat you can bring back for the national battles, just make sure to abuse his menace for easy A* angles. Don't forget that you have a gold mine in RIPW, you have your "big three" top prospects in Spade, Primus and Lassie who seem like they've been down there forever, but guys Ekuma and Scythe are main event worthy prospects in 2016. Ekuma especially, dude is stacked with potential, he's your Roman Reigns project. Everyone else is pretty fresh down there, so don't expect to be calling up any of them except Lenny Brown who will b*tch and moan until you bring him up. </p><p> </p><p>

USPW is really fun because of the amount of money you have + a young, reliable figurehead similar to TCW, except you have money to basically bring in any top North American star. Also, if you're a woman's wrestling fan, they have a really good roster for it, lead by Alicia Strong, the daughter of the former owner. It's notorious for being a retirement home for aging stars, but Steve Frehley, Nicky Champion and Rick Law are all in their primes and Joss Thompson and Casey Valentine are easy future main eventers. Perfect Storm and Trent Shaffers are your solid top midcarders that don't have the SQ to be top stars but can easily put over younger stars and give your main eventers a run for their money on TV.</p>

<p>The best option really is to just jump into a fed that you like the sound of (Dorian's short descriptions are pretty good for giving you an idea of what they're like). You'll fail a few times because you wont know the roster, but after about a month of booking and reading worker bios you'll start to find yourself building personalities for the C-Verse workers in your head.</p><p> </p><p>

I could never book a real-world fed now (and I started on EWR like you) because the possibilities are just so limited compared to the Cornellverse.</p>

<p>Don't know if it'll work for you, but if you have the time and patience you can take a look at some of the dynasties. Of course, what you read will be just the writer's personal interpretation of the characters, but it's a place to start.</p><p> </p><p>

I started getting into C-Verse after reading my favourite dynasty of all times. The fact that it happened to be written for a Draft game might have helped a bit, since it means the story contains characters from a variety of companies, so just from reading that I was able to visualize various characters from several companies including CGC, NOTBPW, TCW, PGHW, INSPIRE, AAA, SWF, etc. It really helped me in terms of immersion when I started experimented with different feds.</p>

Archived