I've been losing money for 3 years straight. How can I fix this?

playing as MAW and as the title says I'm losing 12,000 to 30k or more each month.

I'm winning the regional battle in the tri-states and I'm currently regional. run 2 shows a month. 1 hour event that I mainly use to feature the younger talent with maybe two well known stars thrown in. then i have maw's regular event for that month.

both events range from d to c overall rating and i grow in pop within 1 region every event but at the end of the month I'm in the red.

I'd have been fired last year if it wasn't for the fan including us in his will and leaving us all that money.

here's a screenshot of my finances:

http://imgur.com/a/AMwmG

<p>Reduce your production levels? If you are winning the regional battles, you might simply be spending too much.</p><p> </p><p>

The image does not show for me, but the recipee is usually the same - cut spending while at the same time try to grow the fan base to increase income. The latter comes gradually though, spending can (often) be cut fast.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr_Avalanche" data-cite="Dr_Avalanche" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42521" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Reduce your production levels? If you are winning the regional battles, you might simply be spending too much.<p> </p><p> The image does not show for me, but the recipee is usually the same - cut spending while at the same time try to grow the fan base to increase income. The latter comes gradually though, spending can (often) be cut fast.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> if i do that if would hurt my popularity because i'd lose the battle right?</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moafnsteel" data-cite="moafnsteel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42521" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Try to cut back on your worker's salary. What I mean by this is, you less guys each month, aka use the same guys over and over. Try not to have expensive PPA guys on every show unless they are main event. Also worse case, cut back to one show a month.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> but how can i use say 8 workers to fill up 1 to 2 hour event without getting the over used worker message?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dochappy" data-cite="Dochappy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42521" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>if i do that if would hurt my popularity because i'd lose the battle right?<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It wouldn't *drop* your popularity necessarily, but it would slow the growth of your popularity, yes. As long as you put on good shows and the industry isn't completely tanked, popularity should grow even if your product doesn't have the quality that other companies have. Not going bankrupt is more important than winning regional battles. Sometimes, you just have to pick the least bad option.</p><p> </p><p> It might be enough to drop one of them - look through them and see where money goes. My regional company gets a penalty for production values in the Live Event Experience and Broadcast Quality, because the cost to bring them up to "industry standard" is just unacceptable to me. My company's popularity is still growing a point per month on average. We have a booming wrestling industry though, so that helps.</p><p> </p><p> But then, cutting worker costs might be the way to go, if that's a large portion of your costs. Just generally be mindful of salaries when you put on shows - if you have main eventers that cost you a lot of money, only use them every other show. Focus on singles matches rather than tag team action, paying two salaries are better than four, and so on. If you're paying downsides, consider trimming the roster to just above the suggested ideal roster size (if you're not already there).</p><p> </p><p> Is the industry healthy? The economy overall? If the industry is in a bad state right now, you might not need to cut so much that you make a profit, just enough that you can survive a couple of years.</p>

Well, the good news is, it will get better.

The bad news is, you need to make the cuts to survive until then.

There are minor things one could do, sell DVDs instead of distribute over the internet - slower growth, but a little more money. The merchandise options might make a difference, but I've never really figured out what's best.

These are the basic ways to save money. Use less (and cheaper) people, lower the quality of the producct, while still putting up good enough shows. As long as I get that message "your popularity increased in 1 region" after a show, I'm happy.

do you make money by running your shows?, if so run more- the added income will offset monthly costs (they don't increase with show count)

you only need 1-2 good matches for a show grade, don't overbook a show with expensive workers.

avoid downsides early on when possible

stay in your main area until it is popular enough to make money

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dochappy" data-cite="Dochappy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42521" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>last month we made our first profit of $200 bucks lol I've got to get used to using workers sparingly. I just hate for my workers to get mad because they get left off</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm still regional, on the verge of cult and all along I've signed my highest draws as special attractions. True to the role they rarely lose (often meaning they are also my title holders), but they aren't mad at being off of shows very easily (aside from the really big shows). you can sign maybe 10 or so, rotate them in and out and their losses should mainly be to each other. Avoids duplicated match ups, having them lose to people they shouldn't (affects morale), provides good main event matches for show ratings, if they are locker room leaders you might get some mentor-protégé relationships, etc</p><p> </p><p> Another option that I intend to test out in the early stages of my next game (a long ways away as I'm enjoying the current game) would be to have a roster of 10 or so guys, but use 1 night only deals to get them opponents.</p>

<p>The problems with your company are so obvious and there's three ways to fix it.</p><p> </p><p>

1. The cost of your workers is astronomical. Only spend 15 thousand a show. </p><p> </p><p>

2. Your production cost is absolutely crazy.</p><p> </p><p>

3. Both of these are made worse because you're running two shows. Stop running two shows!</p><p> </p><p>

You're at really low regional because you have only played for a few years and your workers aren't over enough to put on really good shows. It is a grind to make a profit but you're making it literally 10 times worse by playing a small company like a big company. The only ways to make money in this game is if your ticket sales and sponsorship outweigh your worker cost, show cost, and production, and you're not doing that.</p>

Archived