R.I.P Gene Wilder

LigerLiger

I love Wonka, but he had quite a few movies that were better in my opinion.

Young Frankenstein is one of my all time favorites. The Producers and Blazing Saddles are also wonderful.

See No Evil, Hear No Evil and Stir Crazy were great too.

Such a great talent though. Bummed me out like crazy.

<p>I honestly did not realize he was in his 80's. I thought he was a decade younger than that.</p><p> </p><p>

I liked Willie Wonka, loved Blazing Saddles (Though the ending kind of sucked), loved Young Frankenstein, and there was this other movie he was in called The Frisco Kid that was pretty good but nobody ever seems to talk about it.</p><p> </p><p>

I loved the fact that he hated Johnny Depp's version of Willie Wonka. </p><p> </p><p>

I have to say that I was not a fan of the Producers. I know many think that was one of his best roles but it just fell flat to me. </p><p> </p><p>

I feel like that about a lot of Mel Brooks movies. Some are really good such as the two I mentioned above along with Robin Hood Men in Tights, Space Balls, and High Anxiety. While others fall flat like the Producers, History of the World Part I and Silent Movie.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway, back on topic. It sucks that Gene passed away as just seeing him on screen always brought a smile to my face.</p>

Archived