Creating a promotion to Rival WWE

Guest skinsfan55

<p>Are you talking about the CVerse? Also, are we talking about trying to build them from the ground up with free agents? If so:</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Style: Sports Entertainment</p><p>

Money: $50 million</p><p>

Owner: Allen Packer (He's got tons of money)</p><p>

Booker: Peter Michaels (Best booker who's unsigned and the second best announcer)</p><p> </p><p>

My first signing has to be Marat Khoklov who's the best free agent by far. Maybe you convince Bruce the Giant to come out of retirement. Maybe you sign Peter Valentine because he's well known even though he sucks. Greg Black, Frankie Perez, Masked Cougar maybe some young good workers like Keith's boys and Davis Wayne Newton... Use the Giants to help get them over and keep an ear to the ground for established guys who have their contracts run out.</p>

<p>If I'm going real world and want to rival WWE, I usually go with a PWG-style company because that's how I book best. I'd give myself a lot of money in the north west region. I would sign a lot of guys to PPA style contracts and build as a cult company. One thing about this game is that if guys work a lot of promotions, their pop build fast. For example, Marty Scurll went from 21 pop to 49 in a game that I recently started in a little over a month. </p><p> </p><p>

After a bunch of workers get over, I'd build around them as my centerpieces. Good examples of workers who generally get over from my experience are Chris Hero, Jay Lethal, Ricochet... Basically really good workers who work different places. Also guys who tour in Japan get over quickly. Using this strategy I can get a roster with a lot of main eventers that have 75ish pop, and I can then mold them into stars with 80-90 pop depending on their destiny roll.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="skinsfan55" data-cite="skinsfan55" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42541" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are you talking about the CVerse? Also, are we talking about trying to build them from the ground up with free agents? If so:<p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Was Real but could use Cverse if you want and it would be talent that are not written,</p>

<p>I'm doing okay with Lucha Underground. Pentagon JR is just as over as any WWE main eventer, WWE signed away Mil Muertes (aka Ricky Banderas) and put the strap on him, and I'm up at cult status right now after about two years of game time. I'm about neck and neck with ROH for 3rd place and closing quickly on TNA for second. </p><p> </p><p>

One thing I do is split my roster up (to limit worker costs) and do weekly shows... focus on an area and you can climb up in popularity quickly. Another thing to do is to make as many company relationships as possible so you can talent trade. I might bring in Jay Lethal, who I use for a few pre-show arguments, interviews etc so my workers can learn from his entertainment skills, then set him up on a 3 show arc against someone like Prince Puma or Pentagon to give them an overage boost, and the whole thing costs me about 5000 bucks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="doseofstyle" data-cite="doseofstyle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42541" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you created a promotion to Rival WWE in the game, what would your promotion be like?<p> </p><p> Style:</p><p> Money:</p><p> Location:</p><p> Owner:</p><p> Booker:</p><p> </p><p> Your First Signing?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Your best bet would be to build up a company like TNA or ROH, then slowly snipe guys from WWE to your roster. There's not enough popular free agents outside of WWE to keep a rival company competing on that level (unless you screw with reality a bit and make The Rock, CM Punk, Batista, etc full time wrestlers again).</p>

Guest skinsfan55

<p>If we'd be doing this real life...</p><p> </p><p>

Style: Sports Entertainment... Kind of like NXT. An hour show a week.</p><p>

Money: Dunno</p><p>

Owner: Mark Cuban</p><p>

Booker: Jim Cornette </p><p> </p><p>

First signing would be Daniel Bryan when his contract runs out. Cody Rhodes, Kurt Angle, Jim Ross and Ted DiBiase in the booth.</p>

Archived