announcers for live events

I am just starting to get everything set for my created company, and I have no broadcaster willing to negotiate with me on a tv deal, so for now, I will just be booking a live event every week.

I'm getting a notice from my office that I have not assigned any default announcers yet. With me only running live events (I call them house shows, even if they technically aren't), is there a reason for me to even have an announcer at this point? Does the game differentiate between announcers and ring announcers? I'm not sure what to do, if I should hire a default announcer or not. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

<p>I don't believe there is any penalty. But you could hire an announcer (even if it's like Joey Styles in ECW - a one man booth) since I'm assuming you have some sort of distribution (DVD, Internet). For realism sake, there would be commentary there (unless the DVD is dubbed afterwards).</p><p> </p><p>

If you're strapped for cash, don't get one. But the game is simply letting you know there are no announcers set.</p>

Though it is beneficial to have an announce team in place for a couple of reasons. Firstly, they can help to improve grades if they are good (and they get better with practice) and secondly you can help them to build up experience together, which also helps segment ratings and will help you even more when you get on to TV. I've been building up my announce team ahead of getting a TV deal in my game, which admittedly costs money (and they aren't that good yet) but the long term should be solid with them on board. :)

Guest skinsfan55
There's an indie show I go to where the announcers broadcast inside the building so it's on PA. I'd imagine having announcers would be like that. Depending on the quality of your show having an announcer would be good to increase quality but it has to be > the match quality IIRC.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="skinsfan55" data-cite="skinsfan55" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42556" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There's an indie show I go to where the announcers broadcast inside the building so it's on PA. I'd imagine having announcers would be like that. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Is that what the game is referring to regarding the "Broadcast Quality" in my Production tab? I've always been puzzled why my small company's show grades will get a penalty because my Broadcast quality is inferior to my rivals (even though neither of our shows are being broadcast anywhere).</p>

Guest skinsfan55
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Greylocke" data-cite="Greylocke" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42556" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is that what the game is referring to regarding the "Broadcast Quality" in my Production tab? I've always been puzzled why my small company's show grades will get a penalty because my Broadcast quality is inferior to my rivals (even though neither of our shows are being broadcast anywhere).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I assume. Those guys really add to the live show. If you didn't have that and your competition did, it could be a problem. Also, like another poster said, they could be doing internet/dvd commentary.</p>

Archived