Non wrestling characters

I've just started a real world mod for the first time (C-verse and Thunderverse have taken up so much of my life :p) and I'm playing as WWE. Now they have a ridiculous number of referees and road agents.

I have usually had one good person in each of these positions and then a second worker in each position that I am developing to become my next road agent/referee.

Is there a benefit to having a lot of these kind of characters or is it just because they have so many in real life? If you used the same road agent in every segment, or a referee in every match is their performance less later in the night because of fatigue or does it have no impact what so ever?

Guest skinsfan55

<p>I wish you were required to have a certain amount in bigger companies. I mean, one road agent for a national company? It'd be insane.</p><p> </p><p>

I regularly go to this indie show in Colorado. It's small time, about 200 people come to their one show a month and it's done at this bar in Golden. It's called New Era Pro Wrestling and it's pretty awesome. They regularly sell out this bar. Anyway, they have three different refs that work for them. They also sometimes have really similar movesets (lots of northern lights suplexes and similar spots) so I assume they have one agent/trainer. They also have an authority figure and the classic face announcer/heel color guy who do commentary over a PA system that you can hear from your table. </p><p> </p><p>

Anyway, one ref wouldn't really work for them... let alone a nationally rated company. </p><p> </p><p>

The WWE has thirteen (<a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_personnel#Referees" rel="external nofollow">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_personnel#Referees</a>) they probably employ more for house shows. Having one ref should cause them to be really upset and your product to suffer IMO. </p><p> </p><p>

Also, there should be more road agents. If I have Bruce the Giant maybe he's better able to give advice to big guys on psychology and timing... if I have Ed Monton maybe he works with guys closer to the style he worked. Imagine if Michael PS Hayes was an "entertainer" style when he worked he probably knows how best to work that style. </p><p> </p><p>

I'm not saying players should have to manage staffs of 10+ refs and 6+ road agents and whatnot... but mandatory minimums would be good.</p>

I agree, I've had the same surprise and confusion when trying out a real world mod. I like the idea of having many refs and road agents (or whatever other role there could be -- one guy in NXT is basically the HR department), but only if it makes sense game-wise.

I could see either an abstract requirement based on size (company and/or roster?), or more naturally through exhaustion. The same way you can't overuse a wrestler, you would not be able to have the same ref do everything, nor the same road agent deal with every match.

And if making this a requirement is deemed "not fun", then maybe having them can be turned into a small bonus?

Archived