Breaking through the Local>Small barrier

I keep getting to the 11% pop mark in the south east region in my 0/0/0/0 fed but as soon as I book the next show it knocks me back down a few points and says I came in last in the battle. This has happened like 6 times in a row already. During booms and during busts. Nothing seems to work.

I have signed a couple bigger name guys in hopes they would have the star power to break me through into small for good, but it just isn't happening. My average ratings went from E-ish to E+ish with a few low D ratings.

What can I do to break through this barrier and get to small for good? I'm up for trying just about anything!

<p>If you're up for doing whatever you need....grab a few women with good sex appeal and make your main event & semi main (hehe, semi) a pair of eye candy based 1v1 matches with attractive women.....the matches only need to be like 5-6 mins each and should both get you at least a D rating for your show (upwards of C depending on the women, your product, etc)</p><p> </p><p>

Also, bringing in more over talent will help get your other workers over, but will only help your match ratings if your product is pop based. Make your product match your talent. If you've got decent workers that aren't over, go for perf based....if you're bringing in workers with decent popularity and low/deminished ring skills, then skew pop based. I'd personally go perf based until you're at least regional, but that's just me</p>

<p>It could be that you've run into a really harsh situation. A tanking industry and economy can sink you.</p><p> </p><p>

Can you afford to improve some of your production? Music is worth improving one step, just to avoid getting sued for copyright infringement. </p><p> </p><p>

Otherwise, be cynical in your bookings. Make sure there is one angle that can't fail - it can be an angle based on sex appeal, another is if you have a really menacing monster worker. Have them go out and be scary in a menace based angle should get you ratings way beyond what you need. Also, making sure that your main event corresponds to what your fans are looking for. If the product is popularity before performance, two of your most popular workers need to be in the main event. If your fans dislike screwy finishes, stick to their tastes.</p><p> </p><p>

Honestly, I've never had any trouble taking the step from local to small. Regional to Cult or Cult to National has been my stumbling blocks.</p>

<p>Ok, I've picked up Gail Kim and Melina Perez, the two highest Sex Appeal women that I could afford and were available. I will pit them against each other in the next show and see how they do. Here is for hoping...my money is running low!</p><p> </p><p>

Also production values are all yellow, and I can't afford any upgrades at the moment.</p>

Archived