debating a fantasy mod

So I released a Mod a couple of years ago which was built from Genadi's 1997 Mod, I had currently been converting and updating it but my laptop died, so currently working from my pre updated data....

I'm debating coverting it in to a fantasy mod where WWF goes bankrupt and WCW is shut down and The NWA rises from the ashes along with several other promotions....

Just wondering if there would be interest... 1997/1998 is my favourite era of wrestling not just because of the attitude era but just because wrestling was such a hot bed at this time..

Comments, thoughts... let me know?

<p>I'd argue in reality both would be to big to really fall at that point, and I dont think another promotion would be able to uickly fill the spot if it did happen.</p><p> </p><p>

If you were to take the backstory a bit further back, maybe with WWF getting hit hard due to steroids after the trial leading to a push towards non-enhanced, athletic wrestlers where drug testing is forced on them and they have to lose a lot of their "big guys", WCW then start "testing" talent and keeping the results quiet and bring in some ex-WWF guys, after a while WCW get outed and then they get hid by a drug lawsuit. Turner could drop WCW completly when the drug news hits which kills them as he signed another promotion to fill the wrestling slot on his network.</p><p> </p><p>

My main question would be what promotions would fill the void?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Peter.1986" data-cite="Peter.1986" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42620" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a goodness idea for a 2001 mod, but it's putting all the workers together.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wouldn't be something along the lines of WWF buying all the competition and becoming a territory of their own would it?</p>

Im thinking something around Vince McMahon contract negotiations with Bret, he signed a record breaking contract in 96 and in 97 McMahon said he couldnt afford it allowing Bret to negotiate with WCW, (bearing in mind that WWF was dangerously in the red in late 96 and early 97,) Bret sues, McMahon goes bankrupt..

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheWho87" data-cite="TheWho87" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42620" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wouldn't be something along the lines of WWF buying all the competition and becoming a territory of their own would it?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No lol. It involves WWF though.</p>

Archived