Your greatest redemption story?

What is your greatest redemption story? Could be a story-line or a TEW Real Life Event.

Mine is: I am running CZCW and signed Greg Gauge to be the biggest heel in the world. He achieved this when I pushed Storm Spillane "Storm" to the moon as a face. I kept the Coastal Zone Championship away from Greg Gauge to keep building Storm up for close to 8 months. Had them fued for the second time during that time and finally gave Greg Gauge the nod and was really going to run with him. He got injured due to a botched move by Storm. Wanting to restart, I figured it'd be more realistic and fun to decide what to do next.

He was out for 4 months and I created the SWF Supremacy with Greed, Randy Bumf, and B. James and created a Brand Split. After he came back from his injury 4 months later (shortly after Vendetta which I made CZCW's WM) I had nothing to do with him due to Storm being the Ring of Fire Championship.

So I gave Marc Speed the Ring of Fire Championship off of Storm (as he was juicing and kind of botching left and right) and put Gauge and Storm into another fued. In which I had Storm be extremely desperate, knowing he won't get many chances at a heavyweight championship, and trying to re-injure Gauge. Had them do a double turn in their match and now Greg Gauge has the Ring of Fire Championship after defeating Marc Speed. And yes, I'm really running with him.

After thinking about it a few days ago, I just thought that was actually inspirational and probably made Greg Gauge bigger (in my head) than he previously was. He's a massively over baby-face that went through a very hot fued with Storm, then Marc Speed, and now he's going to get a lengthy title reign.

What's your greatest redemption story?

Guest skinsfan55

<p>I was playing TEW 2010 with USPW. As you know, they don't really have many good workers. All their best workers are faces and even then they're guys like Enygma and Liberty who are good not great. </p><p> </p><p>

Anyway, I decide they need a heel who can work. I scan the roster, and I decide Darryl Devine is my guy. He's a decent worker, can talk a bit and is young. He's in bad physical healthy, but it's okay. </p><p> </p><p>

I start putting him angles where he disrespects Sam Strong and gets overness that way. Eventually Strong puts him in matches with "his" guys to teach Devine some respect and Devine just keeps beating them. Eventually he gets like a B+ in popularity. I took a nobody with chronic body pain and made him into a legitimate star. </p><p> </p><p>

Then his contract expired and he signed with SWF.</p><p> </p><p>

I de-pushed him and jobbed him out to all the faces but it was pointless. I was just back at square one... so I turned Enygma heel.</p>

<p>So far, I haven't had too many setbacks in my game as CZCW. It's April of 2019 and the worst couple months I've had was the end of 2016 when all the national companies raided my company. I lost Tigre Salvaje Jr, Kirk Jameson, Frankie Perez, Frantic Ali, and a couple of others all within less than three months. </p><p> </p><p>

Since then, I'm essentially uncontested as a cult promotion and am building cash to start my own commercial broadcaster since that seems like it will be easier to do than wait for any other national broadcaster to negotiate with me. I'm B- across Mexico and B in both Mid South and South West. Anyway, I'm currently at $19M of the $26M that I need and I hope to have that by the end of the year, and the company is currently ranked 6th in the world with A* prestige and B+ momentum, so I should be set to do pretty well once I get national coverage. Then my goal is to try and take out TCW and SOTBPW since those are the bastards that keep trying to poach my guys.</p>

<p>Building up KUSHIDA throughout the early stages of 2017 to defeat Kenny Omega for the TMWP World Heavyweight Championship when all of a sudden he sustains a medium concussion at the hands of Omega in a trial match I had on TV between the two, leaving KUSHIDA out for months. </p><p> </p><p>

KUSHIDA makes his return to the company in late 2017 and climbs back up the ranks to make Omega submit at the first PPV of 2018 and become the companies third TMWP World Heavyweight Champion (Omega had made 25 defences at this point).</p>

<p>CZCW in 2018. </p><p> </p><p>

Remmy Sky has been my biggest redemption story. At the start of the game Remmy is unemployed after being sacked by CZCW for drug problems. </p><p> </p><p>

I hired him back on a 6 month contract to give him one last shot. He failed two drug tests and inured a guy in the first 3 months. I figured for the last 3 months of his contract I would job him out. </p><p> </p><p>

In the next two matches Remmy stayed Sobre and put on 80 rated performances. </p><p> </p><p>

That granted him a 6 month extension that would turn his career and reputation around. </p><p> </p><p>

He continued to put on 75-85 rated performances and tagged with Fox Mask, capturing the Tag titles and going on to have a 2 year reign.</p><p> </p><p>

He has not had a single drug incident or caused another injury in over 2 years now and he's on his way to a CZCW Championship program.</p><p> </p><p>

A guy who was disgraced and 1 match away from losing his final chance managed to stay sober, help build up an entire tag division, have the longest title reign i've ever had and making his way to a potential CZCW championship reign.</p>

<p>I had KC Glenn as a cocky youth main event champion in my national sized company. He had been a heel for about a year before I set him to turn. </p><p> </p><p>

Ernest Youngman was a Babyface bad ass at the time but I wanted to push him as one of my top heels and make Glenn my top babyface so I set Youngman to turn too.</p><p> </p><p>

Youngman wins a number one contenders match and is beaten down by Glenn after. They are set to be the main event for my companies version of WM. The match ends in stoppage with Youngman taking the belt and successfully turning both guys.</p><p> </p><p>

For the next two months I had Glenn off TV with an occasional Tribute to Injured Worker angles. Youngman went on to defend the title against my best workers to truly build him to top heel status. After the two months I had Youngman beat Mikey James on TV to retain the title. And after the match Glenn saved James from a beatdown. </p><p> </p><p>

Next week Glenn gets ambushed during an interview by another top heel who basically says he needs to get in the back of the line. So Glenn beats him at the next PPV and challenges Youngman to a rematch. This began the build to my version of Summerslam where KC Glenn managed to regain his title from Youngman, but this time as the top babyface of the company.</p>

<p>I had Kozue Kawashima be the Tanahashi to Tetsunori Yasuda's Okada.</p><p> </p><p>

Kawashima had beaten Yasuda in every single scenario over the course of 5 years. With Yasuda only getting one victory via an 8 man tag (though this was by the AI at this point, not me as I only bought PGHW in 2017) </p><p> </p><p>

At my WrestleMania event in 2019, I had a 6-7 month feud with Kawashima and Yasuda just teasing the build up. Tetsunori Yasuda went on to beat Shooter Sean Deeley for a #1 Contender's slot, who then managed to beat another major rival in Yoshimi Mushashibo (who sadly had a scandal the next day, he wasn't on time decline until the year after) this would turn Kawashima tweener as he would constantly belittle Yasuda as being unable to beat the man who has had storied success in my promotion.</p><p> </p><p>

Finally it happens. Tetsunori Yasuda vs Kozue Kawashima in a simple 1 vs 1. Japan fans would want it this way, no gimmicks, just the final pay off. Yasuda goes on to win after a 60 minute match, rated 100, thankfully a nice way to close out my largest PPV. He later went on to become the longest reigning champion I've ever had. Until he was bested by his greatest nemesis, Kozue Kawashima, on the same stage he had won it.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

This feud, lasting about 4 years and STILL going has instantly made Kawashima and Yasuda my two favorite Cverse characters of TEW 2016, seriously. Both became elite workers (even more than they already were) and have carried 1/2 of my company, since I do have a brand split. They've been the most fun to book too!</p><p> </p><p>

I have one more to share but I'll let it sit for now.</p>

<p>I'll do another, this one is small, but it works.</p><p> </p><p>

So CZCW had Going Coastal. And before my brand split (and I think before the SWF Supremacy 7 month storyline) I was having a bit of trouble creating new stars for Storm and Gauge at the time. So I was going to push Frankie-Boy Fernandes to the moon and split up Coastal Zone, turning Frankie Heel. Didn't have a match, not much of anything, just left California Love Machine in the dust.</p><p> </p><p>

So about... 6 months later? I guess? I didn't do anything with either Frankie-Boy Fernandes or California Love Machine. Every time I pushed Frankie it'd be easier to squash him with someone else I had signed after I made that decision (Logan Wolfsbaine, Fro Sure, ect...) and after those 6 months I realized my tag division had 4 tag teams. I got so wrapped up in my SWF Storyline that I forgot about the tag division.</p><p> </p><p>

So I made Going Coastal a thing once again but this time gave California Love Machine the right to be heel and have free reign on the mic. So far they're my favorite tag team to work with just due to the Heel Turn and they don't currently hold the titles but they did for a lengthy 5 months.</p>

<p>Mr. Lucha III.</p><p> </p><p>

After Remmy Skye had failed too many drug tests to stay Figurehead of my promotion, I turned him heel by having him purposefully 'injure' Skye to write him off of TV. He gets put into the Figurehead Position and he is just <em>so not ready</em> it's physically painful. His matches with the Title are 80-89 ranked, and he's actively tanking it's prestige. He gets flabby, and his Star Quality takes a dive. On top of that, newcomers are beginning to outshine him. I make him drop the title to El Mitico Jr, kicking off a huge feud. He turns heel, attacking him after the fact, and joins up with a stable of Second Generation guys who all rebel against the babyface authority figures in the promotion, thinking themselves entitled to better treatment.</p><p> </p><p>

He tries and fails, through interference, to win the title back.</p><p> </p><p>

I build to my first ever BIG BIG PPV, Día de Muertos, and make him put his mask on the line to win a title shot. He fails, and is unmasked and his stable turns on him, ejecting him on the spot and kayfabe injuring him in the process. He goes 'into hiding.' I send him on paid vacation for a while, and to my surprise when he comes back he is <em>ripped</em> and has 95 SQ. He goes on a huge run through every heel in the promotion to redeem himself, wins the annual tournament to have a guaranteed shot at the title...</p><p> </p><p>

And then Legacy interfere, turning it into a no contest... giving the rematch in a STEEL CAGE... To keep everyone else out... Classic rules, pinfall or submission only, none of that Modern Cage escape nonsense.</p><p> </p><p>

After a year and a half of storyline, Mr Lucha III, completely transformed, two turns later, and now with the gimmick of the 'Avenging Angel,' Sonte Prieto... takes back his throne. He is exultant. The fans have embraced him as a hero. He is the top dog in the company, of that there can be no doubt.</p><p> </p><p>

... He was promptly dethroned by the debuting Champagne Lover, but... this feud built my company from Cult all the way to National, and he really redeemed himself as a big star in my mind. After I put a bunch of faith in him, and he tanked, he came back not to be <em>the guy</em> but a guy who I always think of as one of the backbones of my company.</p>

Archived