How do you do your brand splits?

Planning, procedures etc?

I, personally, export to MDB file, then export the contracts and works to an Excel file, sort by this priority, push -> face/heel -> momentum. Then I do the guys with the main event pushes where I try to give the top players in the company separate brands. Then I do the rest of the brand split based on the main eventers. For example, if Brand A has the top heel in the company, I try to push all the babyfaces whom I have future plans for to that brand. This is all done in one sheet and when I decide which brand they go to, I change the color of that row (so its easier to sort again later). I, generally, do teams as one unit and try to do them first so there is no mix up later. And finally, sort the data again by colors (each brand has a color, for example, RAW is red and Smackdown blue) so I can quickly pick players in the game whom I want to transfer to the brands.

Brand is tv show a and brand is events. I run a tv show and a event a week. Anybody in a storyline is on tv show brand. The rest are on event. Except for non wrestling people. If a storyline ends. They are sent to the event to find a new feud. So neither show is a b brand at all. Just best people are featured on tv show. You never know what you will see on event are my selling points. Semi active brand 3 features new ideas or new talent try outs. For example I did a hardcore brand for a few months. Today the best 4 are on the tv show. Since they can do both bumps and are cheap

<p>Since I love the RW Mods, I like to "save" failed companies of the past by giving them their own brand. IE: Playing a 1991 RW Mod as WCW, I purchased the AWA Title and Tag Titles as well as the World Class Title and Tag titles. </p><p> </p><p>

I then turn WCW into three brands: </p><p>

NWA</p><p>

AWA</p><p>

World Class</p><p> </p><p>

Each with their own Champions and separate shows. </p><p> </p><p>

I run all three as totally different companies. Sometimes I will have them all under the WCW moniker and have one WCW WORLD and WORLD TAG CHAMPS and have them "travel" to the different promotions or I may let each have their own "WORLD" Champs, whatever floats my boat at the time.</p>

<p>With over 130 active wrestlers and another 40 in development, I need all the brand splits I can get.</p><p> </p><p>

So the way I do it is I have two actual brands with TV shows and their own monthly PPVs, and then I have a third brand that is used for all the top guys who have nothing else to do. That brand has an event every two weeks as their show basically. 40 PPVs a year.</p>

I did a brand split in TCW but I felt like I did it way too early. Really made it difficult because it stretched me out so far. I grew my roster FOR the brand split...I think I'll need to get a much larger roster BEFORE the brand split next time.

I had my "A" (in my mind) brand full of guys I knew were going to be on top for a while in the ME, that equaled to about 5. I had my "B" (in my mind, it was still an "A" show) show as a show with 2 solidified Main Eventers carrying it while I built up other talent to get into the Main Event easier instead of trying to get real estate on the real "A" show.

I had a Brand-Split for roughly a year and really got a lot of main eventers and signing some that fell from other companies as well. I decided to end the Brand-Split and had 11 Main Eventers :eek:

Luckily, I knew which ones would draw with both entertainment and in the ring and which ones would only draw in the ring and popularity. So I took some that didn't have the entertainment aspect and put them in the Upper Midcard position (which to me is like, 2 - 5 World championships and the same with my Midcard title)

Brand-Splits are legit, they build stars without you knowing because you're just trying to micromanage and out-do yourself each time you book one of the shows. Then you go back to 1 roster and pull off 94 - 100* shows with not all of your main eventers actually wrestling and with your lower-midcarders still getting show time so you can build them up

I had my "A" (in my mind) brand full of guys I knew were going to be on top for a while in the ME, that equaled to about 5. I had my "B" (in my mind, it was still an "A" show) show as a show with 2 solidified Main Eventers carrying it while I built up other talent to get into the Main Event easier instead of trying to get real estate on the real "A" show

How many maineventers were you able to build from the other talent in the B brand? Sounds like a nice idea.

<p>Well when I started I had 4, all home-created Main Eventers. I ended up getting 3 to go to my main brand as a stable from SWF. </p><p> </p><p>

I built 4 on the opposite brand, and I have a ton of Midcarders / upper midcarders that can totally be main eventers. </p><p> </p><p>

Brand-Splits are essentially (depending on how much time you have for your shows) just making your shows longer then adding titles. So my guys were just getting exposure they needed and I had ideas for fueds for the guys that had really good stats but nothing to do on my main Brand. I could have kept building them, but, I just wanted to combine both rosters into one great roster. Now I'm having a bit of trouble trying to find Under Midcarders I actually want to push xD</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ElChorizo" data-cite="ElChorizo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42661" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How many guys are y'all using per brand? I've debated doing a brand split, as I currently have 68 active wrestlers in my cult-level CZCW, but I'm not sure if that would be stretching myself too thin.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I did a two way split once I reached 100 active workers. Everyone had something to do all the time but it never got to be too much.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Romans_Brass_Shovel" data-cite="Romans_Brass_Shovel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42661" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I did a two way split once I reached 100 active workers. Everyone had something to do all the time but it never got to be too much.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks. I'm considering doing it now, since I have guys that complain about not getting used for events, which since the majority of my shows are events, not tv shows, tends to cause some morale issues that I'm constantly dealing with.</p><p> </p><p> On another note, would anyone be interested in voting for a tournament if I posted one on Challonge? I'm currently using those to determine my tournaments (tag world cup, cruiserweight tourney, ME/UM grand prix, and then... maybe a full company world series for a title shot). Anyway, there's an option to have people vote on the brackets, so I'm curious if people would want to do that.</p>

Archived