Instant Fall back to Regional Size

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but I've searched and can't find the answer.

Playing as APW, I increased to Cult size aftertwo and a half years of game time. I only had two cards, one PPV and one TV show, that both improved popularity in all regions except home. Then, I dropped back to Regional, which was a bit of a shock. I haven't been able to download patches due to a tech issue. Could this be due to a bug, or is this a possibility in the Game universe? Had 8 million $ in bank, and wasn't losing money. What shattered my dreams?

1 - You definitely shouldn't play unpatched. It would help if you explained what your technical issue is, as it should be as simple as downloading from this site and pasting an EXE.

2 - The two most likely reasons that you dropped are either because you lost a regional battle or because one or more of the regions you are in lost importance, therefore lowering your overall score. The former should be visible in your inbox or the game world screen. The latter should be deducable from your company's popularity screen. The only other reasons would be due to events or penalties that you would get e-mailed about and would not be a mystery.

<p>Thanks for the reply Adam.</p><p> </p><p>

1)Tech: "...because elicen40.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling...". Reinstalling has the same result.</p><p> </p><p>

2) Definitely lost importance, but I don't understand why, even in light of your suggestions. I must have lost popularity, but I gained popularity in all shows since gaining Cult.</p><p> </p><p>

Not complaining. Great game. Wish I played less of it sometimes. Thanks again.</p>

1. Sounds like you aren't putting the patch in the right place, you need to paste the new .exe where the original is but it sounds like you are trying to run it from wherever you have extracted it. :)

2. Your importance is your popularity multiplied by the region importance... sounds like one of your main regions lost some importance (it can vary depending on how the world is set up) so your own importance would have dropped again.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Weatherman" data-cite="Weatherman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42675" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> 2) Definitely lost importance, but I don't understand why, even in light of your suggestions. I must have lost popularity, but I gained popularity in all shows since gaining Cult.</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Adam talk about region's importance... not your importance in these regions.</p><p> </p><p> Go in 'game world' section (8th in top bar)</p><p> Clic on the flag of where you play.</p><p> </p><p> At the top, you will see each regions of the country with <strong>their</strong> importances. One or some must have drop. And since they drop, they give you less importance to your company. And (this must be the reason) you drop under what the cult size level request because of that.</p><p> </p><p> Region's importance goes up and down during a game.</p>

Adam deleted my post. It happens alot in tew. It has been a flaw in tew since 07. The game moves you up right when you hit the level. Which is a bad thing. If you don't book anything for a week. You have a chance to fall back down. Every fed loses pop without booking stuff.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Weatherman" data-cite="Weatherman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42675" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>1)Tech: "...because elicen40.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling...". Reinstalling has the same result.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As Derek mentioned above, you sound like you are attempting to run the patch as an installer, which it isn't. It's simply a direct replacement file. Installation instructions are in the patch thread itself.</p>

<p>Thanks again for replies, and the tech advice. The popularity of both regions that took me to Cult size are above 80%. I ran shows in the week after size increase, and they increased popularity in the region that lost the importance that led me dropping back to Regional.Sorry if I'm missing something, but it's still a mystery, unless it's a bug. Stuff happens, so I'll try and update.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks again.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Weatherman" data-cite="Weatherman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42675" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks again for replies, and the tech advice. The popularity of both regions that took me to Cult size are above 80%. I ran shows in the week after size increase, and they increased popularity in the region that lost the importance that led me dropping back to Regional.Sorry if I'm missing something, but it's still a mystery, unless it's a bug. Stuff happens, so I'll try and update. <p> </p><p> Thanks again.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Popularity being 80 does not matter. What is your importance in those places. Since that is what determines your size increase to the next level. You said you booked shows in the week. So that is different than instant fall in size to me. Actually in tew 2016 I fell back in size the very next day. I rose to international then fell to national the next day. I rose because I booked my show. I didn't book a show then fell back down. So I have many ways to make sure i never fall like that ever again. Pm me i can share. Adam didn't that post. So I won't do it again</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Weatherman" data-cite="Weatherman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42675" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks again for replies, and the tech advice. The popularity of both regions that took me to Cult size are above 80%. I ran shows in the week after size increase, and they increased popularity in the region that lost the importance that led me dropping back to Regional.Sorry if I'm missing something, but it's still a mystery, unless it's a bug. Stuff happens, so I'll try and update.<p> </p><p> Thanks again.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd strongly recommend that you visit the Size screen in the office and check out the "?" button as you still seem to be confusing popularity and importance.</p><p> </p><p> To recap, your importance (which is what is used for calculating your size) is your popularity in that region multipled by that region's importance. </p><p> </p><p> So it's completely possible for you to increase popularity in a region but actually end up with less importance if the region loses importance. <em>A region's importance is something you have no control over</em>.</p><p> </p><p> i.e. if your popularity in the Great Lakes is 80 and that region's importance is 100% then your importance is 80 overall ("100% of 80"). If you put on a show there and gain 0.1% popularity then you then have importance of 80.1 ("100% of 80.1"). If the region then loses importance and goes down to 95%,<em> even though you haven't done anything in between</em>, your popularity would still be 80.1 but now your importance is 76.09 ("95% of 80.1"). That will potentially affect your size rating even though your popularity has not changed.</p><p> </p><p> NB: In reality a region wouldn't drop 5% in one go, I just exaggerated it to make the point more clearly for you.</p>

No matter your playstyle. The theory is true. Pad your shows. It is realistic but gaming the system at the same time. Last 2 matches. Include hype for both, entrances, matches you know will not bomb, and celebrate at the end. Lastly a good video at the end. It is exactly how wwe books if you think about there ppvs.

<p>this was in TEW2013, playing as SWF. I hit International the first month, then a month later dropped back to National b/c of importance dropping in one of the regions. then two or three times as I was about to hit the threshold it happened again. Frustrating, but it's the way it is.</p><p> </p><p>

Look at imprtance this way, two companies of the same size- one in Philly the other in Des Moines, the one in Philly is going to get far more attention. over time the map changes and areas become more or less important, just something you have to deal with.</p>

Archived