influencing battles in other game areas

<p>so some background on what I was trying to do here and what I decided to experiment with.</p><p> </p><p>

I've bought out a lot of promotions in my game (MAW, ACPW, WEXXV) I had the opportunity to buy out UEW, but gave them a loan via the editor and they turned it around (I was more popular than they were in their main area, so no benefit was there for me to buy).</p><p> </p><p>

There are a few currently on the verge of shutting down; HIW CWWF, DIW, and BPW.</p><p> </p><p>

HIW offers me no benefit it isn't that bad, I think they'll make it. CWWF is turning it around, but in a big hole and I also bailed them out with a loan at the same time as UEW. I'm hoping to buy them in the future, but want them to grow more first (I want more pop in alberta from the buyout). BPW I am similarly waiting on.</p><p> </p><p>

That brings it to DIW. I have 32 pop in central AUS, they have 32 in eastern AUS. I don't need them as the network I'm eyeing needs 36 pop in only one of those regions. However, with my TV deals in place, I don't want to waste time blitzing AUS is it will lower ratings and kill storylines, so I'd like them to reach 36 instead and then buy them out.</p><p> </p><p>

The problem is they've lost 2 popularity in the last 2 years and are putting on shows way below the competition. The also only have 2 months left before getting shut down.</p><p> </p><p>

What I've decided to do is bail them out by buying them and turning them into my child company. I've restructured their schedule in a way that is advantageous and should lead to pop gains and am chasing a few big names in their area, Swoop being one of them, with the goal to put those workers down there. I also signed Tommy Cornell, who I'll put down there a while to work off ring rust.</p><p> </p><p>

I will train a few workers there, help the company gain pop and challenge some of their rivals, and then end the relationship, hopefully see them fail as they continue to gain pop, and buy them out to get what I'm looking for.</p><p> </p><p>

Not sure if it will work or not.</p><p> </p><p>

I considered alliance, but there were too many negatives to that.</p>

<p>You can't directly help an independent company. You can only hurt their competition by signing their best workers to exclusive PPA or written deals.</p><p> </p><p>

In a trading agreement or child company, you can trade/send down some of your workers that are popular (or particularly good workers, if they are perf>pop) in their area to them.</p><p> </p><p>

In an alliance, you can set it to share profits to help keep them afloat financially in addition to allowing talent trades.</p><p> </p><p>

Other than that, I don't believe there are ways to help them outside of the editor.</p>

<p>Yeah, I don't think there's any way to influence Regional battles directly, since that's based on show quality and you don't control their booking for them. Stealing good workers from their rival and lending them your own is the best you can do.</p><p> </p><p>

National Battle is much easier to influence: just set up a working agreement and loan your biggest stars to them right at the end of the month. Since it's based on star power that's all they really need to win.</p><p> </p><p>

All the mentioning of "loaning" money to companies via the editors make me miss that old feature in EWR that allows you to do so directly. Seems like quite a few players use the editor to help out small companies, and I don't see why it shouldn't be a legit option in the game. I mean, there's actually a more legit reason to have that in TEW than EWR, now that we have Alliances and Working Agreements. I may not want to share my profits every month with my Alliance partners, but the option to give time one-off monetary "favour" to bail them out of financial troubles would be nice.</p><p> </p><p>

And I miss the option to "give money to charity". Again, that served no real purpose in EWR, but in TEW it might actually be a reasonable tool to boost a company's prestige or gain media attention for the short-term (which is exactly what many major corporations do in real life).</p>

<p>As CZCW i bought out MAW as they were going under and lose most of there top guys. With the idea of when I got to cult I could send down a couple of prospects and send down some older over guys to help train whilst also booting the quality of workers MAW has. </p><p> </p><p>

I also figured that when I got my own Network I could give them TV time on the network due to them being my child company and a part of the COTT..</p><p> </p><p>

Now I have my Network I can't seem to figure out ho to give MAW TV time.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="liontamer" data-cite="liontamer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42683" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>would declaring war on their competition do much?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It would allow you to steal their workers with PPAs instead of Excl. PPAs or writtens, so you could still share the worker with the company you want to help without having a loan.</p><p> </p><p> If you're in the regional battle, it would also increase the prestige and popularity damage the other company would suffer from losing to you. Another alliance benefit if you were in the regional battle with the company you want to help is that they would not longer suffer penalties for losing to you.</p>

Archived