I use the freestyle angles alot and like to rate on appropriate stats rather than just using what is going to get a good rating but I need some advice on beat down angles.

I have the guy being beat down rated on selling which is fine but I'm not sure what to rate the attacker on?

I'm undecided between entertainment, menace or acting. None of them are great for this role I don't think but they are the best of the options available.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="woody316" data-cite="woody316" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42687" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I use the freestyle angles alot and like to rate on appropriate stats rather than just using what is going to get a good rating but I need some advice on beat down angles.<p> I have the guy being beat down rated on selling which is fine but I'm not sure what to rate the attacker on?</p><p> I'm undecided between entertainment, menace or acting. None of them are great for this role I don't think but they are the best of the options available.</p><p> </p><p> Any advice would be greatly appreciated</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd do two different. If one is a monster Id say Menace because that's the part you'd pay attention to if it was happening. As far as heel A attacking babyface A Id say rate it on entertainment because that part wouldn't be any good if the guy can't entertain the crowd.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Romans_Brass_Shovel" data-cite="Romans_Brass_Shovel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42687" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd do two different. If one is a monster Id say Menace because that's the part you'd pay attention to if it was happening. As far as heel A attacking babyface A Id say rate it on entertainment because that part wouldn't be any good if the guy can't entertain the crowd.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you don't want to game the system. First good for you. Give yourself a high five. Second you always raise the stats. If you only do there best stat or overness. You are not really doing alot to developed the worker. Third I would say acting or mic over entertainment. Entertainment takes into effect of alot of stats. So it can bomb your angle just because of unknown factors. If you base it off acting for example. You know it is based off one stat. The angle is going to do better depending on script or not. The script or not is just trial and error. Every worker is different I found out. Heck some even tell you which is nice. I have seen some tell me they don't want to be script but do better in script angles. So my choice for beatdown is acting</p>

<p>You can rate the person getting beat down on overness too without gaming the system (fans may care more if Rollins is getting beat down than if Heath Slater is)</p><p> </p><p>

As for rating for the person giving the beat down, I'd change it depending on the person. Brock would be menace, but Ambrose would be entertainment. Know what I mean? Like I envision different workers delivering the beat down in different ways, so it's fine to have diff ratings depending on the workers without gaming the system</p>

Guest skinsfan55
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="woody316" data-cite="woody316" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42687" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I use the freestyle angles alot and like to rate on appropriate stats rather than just using what is going to get a good rating but I need some advice on beat down angles.<p> I have the guy being beat down rated on selling which is fine but I'm not sure what to rate the attacker on?</p><p> I'm undecided between entertainment, menace or acting. None of them are great for this role I don't think but they are the best of the options available.</p><p> </p><p> Any advice would be greatly appreciated</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I feel like freestyle angles allow me to play to a guy's strengths. If I rate a guy on selling because his entertainment sucks I'm not gaming the system I'm suggesting that he really sell either a beatdown or through his/her reaction to what another person is saying. </p><p> </p><p> If Enzo is cutting a promo, I could rate Cass on menace because he stands there stoically nodding his head and frowning. I could rate him on selling because he's being the rap battle hype guy and reacting to what Enzo says. You know?</p>

<p>It's not so much a thing of gaming the system it just enhances the story in my own head if I have angles rated in certain ways. I use overness as a rating for angles as well (such as when the guy who got attacked returned at the PPV) I just found that when I used the normal angles in 2013 I always tended to rate purely on overness and neglected the rest of the possible ratings. It's just a personal preference for me.</p><p> </p><p>

Thanks for the advice everybody</p>

Generally a beatdown (person A attacking person B) would have person A rated on either menace or overness depending on the kind of worker you have, while person B would be rated on either selling or overness depending on how the attack actually goes.

This is because the person doing the attacking is either being made to look like a beast (for menace) or because the attacker in general is doing something you care about but isn't really talking (mic/entertainment) or doing any proper acting (which is more for serious angles where actual acting skills are used, something that a Hulk Hogan is notoriously terrible at).... the person being attacked is obviously either selling or overness since a minor beatdown wouldn't necessarily have them selling (duh) anything much so it's based on how much you care about someone, which is literally what overness and it's other contributing factors is.

Of course, that's if you are booking what you are actually seeing on screen. You can always do what you like when you write your own angles. :p

Archived