One big doubt

KeyserSoze

Hi people. I love all the work that the people is doing making the real world stats, but I think that there will be a big problem. The real world IMHO has too many workers for WreSpi. It will make that the IA will fire a lot of workers and that the scenario will be too strange. Has anybody tested it? I hope it wont pass, but it seems probably to me

I'll admit.. i'm in the process of making one myself with a few friends... I've got a slight worry that with too many feds and workers.. not only will it slow the game down, but that the feds won't really book you much at all. I'm yet to test it, but when there are enough things finished, I'll get straight to it.

I think the smart thing to do would be to mirror Mr. Ryland's original data in the number of promotions and workers per roster. I'm sure adding a couple more here and there wouldn't be too much a concern, but the game is very sleek and scenarios should probably follow that lead. Ryland has 17 promotions, I believe - so anything around there would probably be ideal. Just by checking a save game, the promotions range from 23 workers per roster to 58 (including announcers and whatnot). So again, anything around there would be ideal - depending upon the size of the promotion. Just a suggestion.

And a wise one! But just 2 comments. 1- IMHO the 2 bigs in the US have too many workers in the Cornellverse. I´ve to run more game but it´s my first impression. 2- If you limit the number of workers and promotions soon a group of people will begin with the chant "Where is Fetidus Kid of the Springfield Suburban Federation?? If you dont include Fetidus you are obnoxius!!" :D

I added the real life data from the T-Zone V5 TEW Update and got myself signed to TNA. Some wrestlers get fired from the other feds, but it's just like in real life. Outside of a long term written contract, there's no real guarentee that you are keeping your job. The only things I need for the correct stats is movesets and renamed moves for the real wrestlers. I like playing with the real data.

Once you convert it, you've still a lot of work to do in order to get it in working shape. You've got to make sure every worker is assigned correctly; Availability, Status, Favorite Roles, weight classes, fighting spirit, AI Attack Midset, Face/Heel Movesets, Physical stats, etc. Many of the workers you convert over need this stuff done before they pass the error check.

I agree that for a database the size of Ryland's, you'd probably need the same amount of promotions. Which is actually 22 promotions for 951 workers. Our '83 scenario on the otherhand has 17 promotions for 581 workers. We probably need to add more workers, as we're still missing out on a few promotions.

Yeah - you're right, Rick. I had forgotten to count the European promotions (which I turned off in my saved game). But... unless you are opening up Europe for the 1983 scenario, I stick by 17. ;) So if you remove the Ryland written European wrestlers from the equation, how many would that leave? I'll add up the rosters from my North American/Japan active save game and I'll come up with a number. Regardless, though, I'm sure the 83 scenario will need a few more wrestlers. And KeyserSoze is also right about the larger promotions having too many workers, at least from my initial impressions. SWF signs a lot of promising youngsters, but have yet to use several of them.

It also depends on the number of shows the various feds have when it comes to who will be used and who won't (for example, the 6+ hours of TV wrestling the WWE offers plus monthly PPV shows) and the size of the fed (a smaller fed will naturally have smaller shows and less workers). Also, you have to take into consideration roster splits (which the game also handles). So the real world WWE has effectively two seperate rosters at about 44 workers each (including announcers and female wrestlers, but not counting refs). Seems it would work in Wrespi.

Yea, I'm sure the amount of events I have set up for the promotions will give workers more then enough shots. Alot of them have TV shows, WWF having Tuesday Night Titans and Saturday Night Main Event and GCW having World Championship Wrestling. As well Weekly Events, like GCW having the Omni Spectacular every Friday. Add this on top of PPVs.

Archived