love this game, but hate it at the same time

First let me say that I love TEW, and I've been more involved with TEW 2016 than I have with any of them. I feel like I'm getting to know the game better, even though there's still a lot I don't understand.

Now, the biggest reason why I hate this game right now? I for the life of me can't decide what I want to do. I know one of the reasons my dynasty reports never get much following is because they never last long, because I'm always changing my mind on what to do.

My latest dynasty with the Montreal Aftermath mod is Kansas Championship Wrestling. A created company obviously, but I've got some good stars in it, got some storylines built up, and got some ideas. Now the problem is, with all the news about TNA being sold anytime now, I'm almost tempted to scrap this dynasty and try some kind of TNA dynasty with the most current real world mod, if I can get all the photo packs and stuff to work right. By doing that, I'll cut another dynasty report short and be back to square one.

I don't know what to do here folks! I'm almost thinking just uninstall TEW, never play it again, so I don't have to worry about making these "big" decisions. Haha, sorry, that was just my rant for the day about how I can never make up my mind and stick with one dynasty.

Still love the game, just frustrating that I can't stick with anything on it.

Guest skinsfan55

<p>I was in the same boat as you, I would constantly delete saves and start over, and now I'm really invested in my dynasty I'm writing. </p><p> </p><p>

I just find an interesting story and it helps me care about my characters and get more involved. Right now I am doing a Peter Michaels dynasty where he joined USPW and that worked for me, but there's a ton of stories waiting to happen. Maybe Phil Vibert gets back into booking, maybe the missing DeColt (Steve?) rejoins CGC? Maybe Michaels joins TCW?</p><p> </p><p>

Find a narrative that interests you and make it fun. Figure out what caused you to give up in the past and avoid that (I used to sign way too many people and not know what to do with them.)</p>

Ever since the enter and exit the game world. It has made tew alot better to me. Finally I can save my work and start over at the sametime. I usually get my core roster from nothing to stars in a year. After that it is just boring to run that fed. I always try to build new stars but with the jobber and negatives. I found it is better to start fresh with new federation. I still wish there was a good 2002 mod for tew 2016. The start of NWA-TNA. which is still far better than TNA today. EWR has one with over 5k people. Sadly that is a huge drop in everything.

That, I think, is the actual beauty of it. I can understand why you would want to go with a dynasty all the way but sometimes it is more fun just to keep changing things. I mean you can always run 2 dynasties at the same time. The thing is, you're supposed to have fun and if starting all over again in short intervals is what makes you happy, then let it be that way. Having a dynasty and running 20-30 years with it can be fun but, to be honest, I have never actually found it to be fun that way.

I have had the game for almost 3-4 months now and I don't remember any of my dynasties going more than 3 years. That is because I only play real world mods and in 3 years time, I either complete the objective I had when starting the game or the game deviates too much from real world that I lose interest in it. At the end of it all, all that matters for me is that I have fun with it and that's exactly what I do.

That, I think, is the actual beauty of it. I can understand why you would want to go with a dynasty all the way but sometimes it is more fun just to keep changing things. I mean you can always run 2 dynasties at the same time. The thing is, you're supposed to have fun and if starting all over again in short intervals is what makes you happy, then let it be that way. Having a dynasty and running 20-30 years with it can be fun but, to be honest, I have never actually found it to be fun that way.

I have had the game for almost 3-4 months now and I don't remember any of my dynasties going more than 3 years. That is because I only play real world mods and in 3 years time, I either complete the objective I had when starting the game or the game deviates too much from real world that I lose interest in it. At the end of it all, all that matters for me is that I have fun with it and that's exactly what I do.

Solid points, my biggest problem is no way would I have time to run 2 dynasties. I barely have time to run 1. lol. As much as I would really like more following or responses on my dynasty reports, at this point, I just want to settle down and find something that I can devote my attention to for more than just a couple weeks. I'm real torn between going on with the one I have or starting over.

I said it many times. I love tew and have played it since ewd. I could never play it single player. I play with a friend. Same friend since 04. Of course now he is a weekly booker. Which is bad to me. So if it would help you bring some more fun to your game. I would gladly do a email 2 player game with you

If one of your main concerns are getting readers to your dynasties, it's probably best to show your enthusiasm in your games. People's write ups really show through, you can tell if someone's having fun with it or just churning out content.

I know for sure that I will always be engrossed in a dynasty where you can tell the writer is really enjoying what they are playing.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="drcat123" data-cite="drcat123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42704" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I said it many times. I love tew and have played it since ewd. I could never play it single player. I play with a friend. Same friend since 04. Of course now he is a weekly booker. Which is bad to me. So if it would help you bring some more fun to your game. I would gladly do a email 2 player game with you</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ive never understood how a 2player game like that works?</p><p> </p><p> with regards to loving/hating TEW I feel the same mainly due to the good mods that are out there. Ive finally made the decision to start and stick with a the Clash of the Titans mod. all my planning is finally done, new contracts offered to new talent, a few PPV changes done, and im finally ready to move on from day 1.....only taken me about 3-4 days of planning lol and im still learning the game as well but will def stick with this one for longer that the usual two-three months I last</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The_Monk" data-cite="The_Monk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42704" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ive never understood how a 2player game like that works?<p> </p><p> with regards to loving/hating TEW I feel the same mainly due to the good mods that are out there. Ive finally made the decision to start and stick with a the Clash of the Titans mod. all my planning is finally done, new contracts offered to new talent, a few PPV changes done, and im finally ready to move on from day 1.....only taken me about 3-4 days of planning lol and im still learning the game as well but will def stick with this one for longer that the usual two-three months I last</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> how it works is communication and email basically. If all each person is just book a show then sent it. It is really pointless. So that I can understand. I might as well have a cpu player. Glad you made your choice</p>

I said it many times. I love tew and have played it since ewd. I could never play it single player. I play with a friend. Same friend since 04. Of course now he is a weekly booker. Which is bad to me. So if it would help you bring some more fun to your game. I would gladly do a email 2 player game with you

If you don't mind, would you PM me and tell me what all that would entail? I'm curious. Not saying I'd be able to commit to doing it, but I'd like to know more. Thanks.

Archived