Losing data when converting mods

So I'm a huge fan of thewho87's real world update mods, but also want to enjoy the game's updates in TEW 2016. What I'm curious about is how feasible it'll be to play using older mods in TEW 2016. So, does someone know just how much of a drop off there is converting a TEW 2013 mod to 2016, and if there's a lot, what to do to fix it?

To take it even a step further, what if I wanted to use one of the TEW 2005 mods (I'm desperate to play around 2011, but don't want to give up TEW2016's advantages). If I were to take that mod, convert it to TEW 2007 --> TEW 2010 --> TEW 2013 --> TEW 2016 (assuming all the old games even have that capability), would I lose so much in the process that it'd basically be worthless?

Hope that makes sense and would appreciate any help/advice

I would not even try it. If you go back to tew 05 then convert up. First you have to download a demo of each game. If you don't have them installed. Second you have to fix the errors between 05 to 07. Lucky 07 and 08 were close to the same game. 08 was alot more stable. 07 crashed alot on me. You still have to convert that mod to 08. So now you are up to 08. Convert up to 10. Fix those errors. now convert up to 13. Fix those errors. Finally convert up to 16. I can see one major problem through all that converting up. You will have alot of zero stats. Since those stats were not in those older games. I would never go back passed 10. There has been too many changes. One of the major problems from 13 to 16 is body types. All your people will be average since that was not in tew 13. Who has a converted version now. Just use it.

• 1 year later...
<p>Those answers, are they regardingthe first or his second question?</p><p> Because I'm still looking forward to this part of the question:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42711" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I'm a huge fan of thewho87's real world update mods, but also want to enjoy the game's updates in TEW 2016. What I'm curious about is how feasible it'll be to play using older mods in TEW 2016. So, does someone know just how much of a drop off there is converting a TEW 2013 mod to 2016, and if there's a lot, what to do to fix it?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm thinking about converting a TEW2013 monthly update of a 2010 mod to TEW2016 but I can't estimate the workload</p>

Archived