Tutorial for customs

So, I prefer creating my own fed(s) and workers, but getting ratings to promo size, etc has been a sticking point for me. I am trying to understand how to match up size to overness of workers. I don't want to make my promo too big for my workers, and have it fall right away due to not enough big stars.

I was curious if there is a tutorial somewhere on creating promos/workers/etc so they match up.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can someone give me an idea or point me to some place that can give me a little guidance?

thanks

<p>A good starting point would be to look at the rosters of other promotions at the same size. Your product is also important too, the more you're bent towards popularity, the more the overness and entertainment skills matter and the more you're bent towards performance, the more the in-ring skills matter. So, for instance, if your sports entertainment roster of extremely talented workers who aren't that over or very charismatic, they're going to flounder in the ratings when they'd flourish in a performance-based product like puro. The category of stats actually listed as "performance" (basics, psychology, safety, consistency and selling) tends to be useful in all products (confusing, I know).</p><p> </p><p>

I'm sure pretty much everyone else on the board can explain it better than me, but hopefully this helps.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Shaman_at-Dawn" data-cite="Shaman_at-Dawn" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42794" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>i get a lot of that, i am wondering about hard numbers. But again, I suppose if my product is about in ring ability, overness means very little.<p> </p><p> oh and birth years as opposed to year began/experience. Debut, etc...i assume this years game starts in 2016?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It always comes back to game the system. There is no real match up when it comes to angles. Especially if you base it off menace or selling or overness. I have found if you do min angles over long angles. It will always do worst ratings and less pop for the workers. My min and max on angles is 5 and 30 mins. I have booking times off so I can do what I want to do in my fed. It helps alot trying to get people worked or over. Sex appeal has there cap of 20 points. So if you ever see a sex appeal 80 it is a miracle. I have only ever got high 70s with 100 pop and 100 sa. Microphone and acting seem to produce better than just entertainment. Entertainment factors in alot of skills. Now that said if you put the angle to major success it will do better for ratings and worker pop. Neutral does next to nothing for worker pop after test. Now that said. If you have everybody in the angle on screen. It will increase the ratings and worker pop. I learned that tip from other members actually. So a example of a angle to match up perfectly. Lets say you got a worker with good selling fighting a person with nothing angle worthy. Angle should look like this in your game. Hype interview 1vs1 30 mins catalyst pick selling worker rated on selling major success. turn is up to you. On screen. Catalyst other worker not rated on screen. Major success. It is unrealistic but hey it works. If you did the same angle for a couple mins and only neutral and off screen on second person. It would be far lower rating and less worker pop. The pop of the worker does not matter unless you overshadowed him. If you put a no pop worker in a angles with 100 pop worker. You will see no pop worker have something negative in the box. Since it is overshadowed. The stamina of a worker does not matter when it comes to angles. I highly recommend one stat for your angles. It will raise that skill alot quicker. Just forget entertainment it will only make you mad. Since it is undetermined what the number may be for the angle. Lastly of course momentum and pop helps the rating too. Which is another reason why you do both people onscreen. They both grow instead of one sided. If you got 2 people with 90s. You could do this for a show. 2interviews, 2entrances, match, celebrate. You asked and there is everything I know about gaming the system with angles. I have been playing tew since ewd. Enjoy and have a great time</p>

Sorry if you didn't want to know about angles. You kept saying promos. So I offeted up everything I know about angles. The size of your fed and your workers. In usa it works fine. Since you can't sign anybody. In Australia you can sign anybody. So it is a little different game. If you are watching your money. I highly recommend matching up your max size to your level. So you level up when you are truly ready. If you are not watching your money. You will always get to the top that way. You could start off as local fed with a million bucks only in usa. You will still make it. Honestly usa really is easy mode in tew. It has the most advantages. If you have insane money. Just make your own broadcaster with range everywhere. Everybody you sign will go up everywhere. Broadcaster are high cost to start but will pay for itself over time. Now if you want to game the system even more. If you have a tiny tv show in one place. You do go up faster in one place than if you was everywhere. You could ride that to regional level. The spillover should get you at least one other place. Just keep expaning your tv show across broadcasters. It will produce more money for you over the big broadcaster. Commercial or ppv are only 2 i would ever use period. Lastly turn off booking times so you can work your people.

Archived