FaceGen Faces

FaceGen Faces These look very good. I would certainly download a set, if it were available. Be aware that a user has posted links to a complete set of faces derived from actually people from a number of sports and walks of life. Many BBCF players are using it. Again, these look really good. How many fictitious variations can you create with this program?

[QUOTE=augielio] Again, these look really good. How many fictitious variations can you create with this program?[/QUOTE] Infinite, theoretically. The program generates random faces or you can customize them. I've even made hobbits, dwarves, and orcs for OOTP baseball with it. See attached (The faces are from FaceGen. The unis are from Deft's template).

[QUOTE=augielio]These look very good. I would certainly download a set, if it were available. Be aware that a user has posted links to a complete set of faces derived from actually people from a number of sports and walks of life. Many BBCF players are using it. Again, these look really good. How many fictitious variations can you create with this program?[/QUOTE] I can't seem to find the link you speak of.

FaceGen Faces and Face Packs 1. The availability of the TPF face packs was announced on this forum by "GaryStephen" (entry #18 in the discussion about facepacks started by "Gorgonian." In it, you are advised to download the facepacks (for different positions) from megaupload.com. 2. Cooleyvol, if you can get this to work, let me know or save the the facepacks. I had all of GaryStephen's TFP face downloaded and working in the game, then I had a hard drive crash, and had to start over from scratch, and I can't get megalupload to give me the faces.

I had toyed with the idea of making my facepack compatible with GaryStephen's real photos but he seems to jump around in the numbering scheme. Looks like it will just have to be either or. Meanwhile for the short term, I've decided that I'll just duplicate some of the current faces I've made as placeholders for future work so I can continue my offseason (the game only assigns pictures to files that currently exist and I'd like my next batch of recruits to start selecting from new faces). As an update, I've got about 25 faces in the last couple of days. Most of them are QBs and RBs. I figure they're more likely to get exposure and more likely to need a variety of faces. How many times have you looked up your OTs compared to your starting QB after all? My initial thought is to release the facepack when I've got about 200. That would double the number of faces that come with the game.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the facegen program and would love to make some faces for own enjoyment in the game, but I have a question for you... How do I add the hair/assessories to it? All it gives me are long and short "Bob" hair or something like that... :|

[QUOTE=Colbster]How do I add the hair/assessories to it? All it gives me are long and short "Bob" hair or something like that... :|[/QUOTE] Yeah, that's the tough part. FaceGen's hair is abysmally poor. Not even usuable IMO. You can either grab pictures out there of hair you want (at the right angle, etc.), crop that image, and put it as a layer over the image FaceGen creates, OR, I created a hair tutorial over on the OOTP bulletin boards here: [url]http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?t=71039&page=8&highlight=hair+tutorial[/url] It was for guys with hats but the same idea applies if you're doing full heads of hair. This method would probably work better for facial hair (which I haven't quite gotten into yet). So far, I've grabbed hair examples from pix out there on the internet. Luckily, the Bowl Bound pictures are looking straight at you and there are a fair number of examples you can use.

[QUOTE=galaril]Did this get hosted or is it dead?[/QUOTE] I haven't found a anyone to host. Maybe I should get Sally Struthers to help me out, "These BobbleHeads need a home. Won't you please help?" It isn't dead, though. I think I'm up to about 120 individuals, 360 seperate pix. Nice to know people are interested. I'll keep working on them.

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Bobble]I had toyed with the idea of making my facepack compatible with GaryStephen's real photos but he seems to jump around in the numbering scheme.[/QUOTE] Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't have any reason for jumping around number-wise; it happened because a lot of times I had to assign a number to a new picture and I didn't know what numbers were free, so I just jumped ahead to a number I knew wasn't in use. Renaming the files was the most tedious part of the job. The only numbering convention I stuck to was the game's 001-499 and 500-999 ranges for skin colors, as explained in some of my previous posts. [I]Edited to add[/I]: Also, I made sure not to use numbers that would have overwritten any of the faces that came with the game.

[QUOTE=GaryStephen]The only numbering convention I stuck to was the game's 001-499 and 500-999 ranges for skin colors, as explained in some of my previous posts. [I]Edited to add[/I]: Also, I made sure not to use numbers that would have overwritten any of the faces that came with the game.[/QUOTE] To be clear, I did the same. Any white faces I added were 001-499 and any black were 500-999. I also made sure that I didn't overwrite any faces already there.

[QUOTE=FSUfan]I downloaded the file for faces. How do I apply it to the game? :confused:[/QUOTE] There's a readme.txt file in the zip. Put them in your Bowl Bound/graphics/fac folder. At the next off-season, the recruits will be given faces from those files as well (which you will then see the NEXT off season when you recruit those newly generated gentlemen).

• 9 years later...

Archived