Duplicate Players

I started a new historical career from the beginning. All the drafts are perfect until I get to 2002 (Ming's draft year). All the players are drafted properly, but they are also all duplicated in free agency.

Ming, Stoudamire, Ganobili are there twice (on one team as a drafted player and on anther team signed as free agent).

Any suggestions to the issue/fix? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Would love to get an answer on this. </p><p> </p><p>

I also did a test for a historical career starting at 2000 - the same thing happens for the 2002 draft. Players gets drafted, then they get duplicated in the FA pool, so the rookie show up twice and is on 2 teams.</p>

Would love to get an answer on this.

I also did a test for a historical career starting at 2000 - the same thing happens for the 2002 draft. Players gets drafted, then they get duplicated in the FA pool, so the rookie show up twice and is on 2 teams.

I am not sure if Brian is even around anymore. I had the same thing happen to me as well (I was using fictional players instead) and the only way I seemed to be able to stop this from happening was saving the game after every pick in the draft.

I am not sure why that is the case but it seemed to work for me. Granted once the duplicates were in the game I could not get rid of them. About the only thing I suggest you could do is rename them and change their bios and stats. Other than that I am not sure what you could do.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="nuggett" data-cite="nuggett" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42890" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks. I'll try that and see if it works. Did you have to do it for for every season going forward or just 2002.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I never got that far into the game. I got stuck somewhere in the 1970's. What happened was for some reason all of the records of the teams were off they were getting duplicated. One team might have ten games over the limit (I cannot recall if I had gotten to an 82 game schedule), despite only really playing the normal amount of games. </p><p> </p><p> Anyway, Brian gave me a patch to fix my problem. However, because of the annoyance of having my first game end up the way it did, I have only now made it up to the early 70's on my new save.</p><p> </p><p> Now to answer your question. For me it happened in the 1940's but I was playing with fictional players so I am not sure if that is why it happened to me. It did stop for me in the 1950's for the most part. It would pop up every once and a great while but it was not happening with every pick like it did in the 1940's drafts.</p>

Archived