WWE 2020: Reviving the Wrestling Industry

<p>Flair: "Tonight the WWE becomes a battleground and we have two large main events to come"</p><p> </p><p>

Mauro: "First up the World Heavyweight Title will be on the line when Neville will defend his title against Angelo Dawkins and the returning Kassius Ohno in a triple threat match"</p><p> </p><p>

Striker: "But the main event is huge. This Johnny Gargano and Sami Zayn rivalry has gone on since Wrestlemania and tonight it reaches breaking point as Team Johnny takes on The Assassins in WWE's first ever WARGAMES"</p><p> </p><p>

We opened the show with a Triple Threat match for the Women's Championship as Alexa Bliss put her Women's Championship on the line against Carmella and Becky Lynch. Last month Alexa shockingly turned heel when she attacked Becky who made the save from the attack by Carmella and Alexa reasoned this by saying she was sick of being humiliated and Becky humiliated her when she saved her. In an 83 B+ it would be Becky Lynch who picked up the victory winning her 2nd Women's Championship when she made Carmella tap out to the Dis-Arm-Her after Carmella took out Alexa Bliss with a Superkick.</p><p> </p><p>

The second contest of the night saw Blake taking on 'The Greatest Man that ever Lived' Austin Aries. Blake issued an open challenge on Raw but when Aries accepted the challenge he was beaten down in the ring by Blake leaving him beaten down in the ring before walking to the back laughing saying that Aries wasn't on his level. Tonight they would actually face off but once again Blake jumped Aries before the bell and from then on it was very one sided. In an 89 A it would be Blake who picked up the victory with the Frog Splash as he continues to build momentum.</p><p> </p><p>

Last month at Judgement Day, Nixon Newell made her debut on the main roster to the surprise of everyone as she accepted the open challenge of Naomi and the lovable babyface went on to defeat Naomi. Her Raw debut saw her pick up a victory over Naomi again but post match she would be attacked by Katarina Waters and then for the weeks following she would continue to attack Newell until she was challenged to a match here tonight. The two would put on a 73 B- here tonight when Nixon Newell got her revenge on Katarina and defeated her with the Shining Wizard which saw her continue her great run since debuting as she builds towards challenging for the Women's Championship.</p><p> </p><p>

After this we cut backstage to where Johnny Gargano is preparing for the huge WarGames match tonight. He says "Sami has taken everything away from me: My best friend got fired, he cost me the World Heavyweight Championship and my last 5 months have been spent trying to get over all these stupid challenges he puts in front of me. Tonight in WarGames if my team wins then I get Sami Zayn at Summerslam with no interference, Noam Dar gets another shot at the Cruiserweight Title against Ryan Sabre, AJ Styles and Finn Balor get Tag Title shots and Daniel Bryan will get a shot at Neville after Summerslam whether he is holding the title or not so we know that everything is on the line and we will emerge victorious and come Summerslam, Sami Zayn will be out of his job as a General Manager and then I can finally get another shot at the big time here in the WWE"</p><p> </p><p>

A couple of months ago I said I was looking to repackage Big Cass so I was brainstorming ideas and Big Cass now simply goes by the name Cassady and he re-debuted the night after Vengeance accompanied to the ring by his gorgeous girlfriend Maria Diaz and he beat down on Johnny Curtis who he said he had no problems with but it was just someone for him to walk through to get to the World Title. Cassady is a man who uses any means and ways to get to where he wants to be and if that takes his girlfriend to get involved then so be it. Cassady would pick up the victory tonight over Johnny Curtis in a 79 B when he hit his new finisher the Deep Six on Curtis following interference from Maria.</p><p> </p><p>

Tonight The Kingdom Of Dreams had the chance for 2 of their men to walk out as champions and first up Oney Lorcan would defend his United States Championship against Greg Thomas. The two would have great chemistry and Oney was on the back foot from the start as Kazuchika Okada got involved and tried to cost Lorcan the title but for his troubles he was hit with a Blockbuster and then Lorcan would pick up the victory in an 81 B when he hit his second Blockbuster of the match on Greg Thomas to pick up the victory and retain his United States Championship.</p><p> </p><p>

After this we go backstage to Sami Zayn. He says "Johnny Wrestling, Johnny Gargano: a former NXT Champion and 3 time Cruiserweight Champion and the first Light Heavyweight Champion. Tonight it's my time to get rid of you and when we win you and your stupid friends will be fired from my company and I can go for the World Title while me and my friends run wild over the WWE. Tonight we got to War and walk out with a company free of Johnny Gargano."</p><p> </p><p>

The next match saw the Tag Team Titles on the line when The Authors Of Pain defended their Titles against Former Tag Team Champions The Von Erich's. Ross Von Erich was looking to have a successful singles career but when he was unable to pick up momentum him and Marshall decided it would be a good idea to go back into Tag Team action and they challenged The Authors Of Pain. Unfortunately in an 85 B+ they were completely dominated by Akam and Rezar as they put were put away easily with the Super Collider.</p><p>

Post match The Authors Of Pain were celebrating another dominant victory when they were confronted by two men who climbed through the crowd and got into the ring.</p><p> </p><p>

Mauro: "That's Johnny Hanson and Raymond Rowe. That's War Machine. What the hell are they doing here?"</p><p> </p><p>

Striker: "I don't know Mauro but they're here and they're clearly interested in going after those Tag Team Titles"</p><p> </p><p>

Up next the Trios Tag Titles were on the line when Adam Cole, Jimmy Fatu and Matt Jackson of Superkick Party put their titles on the line against the team of American Alpha and Toyoshige Nakata. The two teams put on a great 92 A and there would be a title change when Toyoshige Nakata continued his great run and he pinned Matt Jackson with the Shining Wizard to pick up his first title here alongside the former Tag Team Champions American Alpha.</p><p> </p><p>

Earlier tonight we saw Greg Thomas fail to win the United States Championship but a member of The Kingdom Of Dreams could still walk out with a singles title tonight when Big Damian took on 'The Rainmaker' Kazuchika Okada for the Global Championship. In a 94 A, the two put on a great fight as Damian used his size to his advantage and it looked like he would repeat the result from the Summer Showdown and win but Okada was able to hit the Rainmaker on Damian and walk away with the victory and retain his Global title.</p><p> </p><p>

The semi main event saw Neville defending his title against 2 men that have yet to hold the World Title in Kassius Ohno and Angelo Dawkins. Originally Angelo Dawkins won the number one contendership but when Neville helped a returning Kassius Ohno to defeat Dawkins, Sami Zayn would turn their match into a triple threat. In a 98 A* Neville would pick up the victory once again when he pinned Angelo Dawkins following hitting a Red Arrow on both men at the same time and he would retain his World Heavyweight Championship once again.</p><p>

Post match he was celebrating when Apollo Crews' music hit and he came out to the ramp and the two had a staredown before their main event next month at Summerslam.</p><p> </p><p>

The main event was absolutely huge. the first time ever WWE had a WarGames match and either everyone on Team Johnny would be fired or they would all get their title shots/opportunities at facing other wrestlers if they won or lost. First to enter would be Johnny Gargano and Ryan Sabre as the former 3 time Cruiserweight Champion Gargano took on the current Cruiserweight Champion and it was going well for Gargano until Sabre was joined inside by his former Tag team partner who he held the Tag Titles with: Kenneth Ospreay. The two worked together to beat down on Gargano until Noam Dar entered the ring and went straight for Sabre. Periodically everybody entered the match and at most times Team Johnny would be at a disadvantage but when everyone was in the ring they worked well together to take down their opponents. At the end Sami went mad and took out both Noam Dar and Daniel Bryan with Helluva Kicks before turning around into a spear from Gargano before Johnny was able to lock in the Gargano Escape on Sami Zayn and Sami tapped out therefore Team Johnny would pick up the victory in a 95 A*.</p><p> </p><p>

In other news Joe Hendry defeated Raymond Rowe for the Evolve World Championship, Butch Miller has passed away, Rey Mysterio rejected offers from us and TNA to join Ring Of Honor, Neville went on loan to Ring Of Honor and put on his 5th 100 A* of the year when he defeated Mark Briscoe, The Exclusives (Andy Wu and Cameron Michaels) became the first ever SD Tag Team Champions and AAA have grown to National</p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>Mauro: "It's the biggest party of the summer and tonight we have a hell of a lineup for all of you watching at home"</p><p> </p><p>

Striker: "That's right Mauro. Tonight we could finally see the culmination to the Johnny Gargano vs Sami Zayn rivalry, Apollo Crews gets one last shot at Neville for the World Heavyweight Championship and there is the huge Team Stephanie vs Team Shane vs Team Triple H match for the full ownership of the WWE"</p><p> </p><p>

Up first we had an interesting concept that Raw general manager Sami Zayn had come up with as on the pre show we had two battle Royals. The winner of each battle royal will then team together next month to challenge for the Raw Tag Team Titles whether they want to or not. The first match saw the unbeaten streak of Toyoshige Nakata continue as he eliminated Zack Ryder last and then in the second match the final two were tag team partners Marshall Von Erich and Ross Von Erich and it would be Ross who walked away with the victory meaning that Ross Von Erich and Toyoshige Nakata were the new number one contenders to the Tag Team titles.</p><p> </p><p>

The first match on the main card saw Daniel Bryan taking on Cassady who was high on momentum after recreating himself alongside Maria Diaz. Bryan still has a math with Neville after Summerslam whether it be for the World Title or not but he was ambushed on Raw by Cassady saying it was nothing personal but he wanted to make an impact and Bryan was an easy target. It would be Daniel Bryan who picked up the victory in this match and continued his run of momentum towards his match against Neville when he made Cassady tap out to the Yes Lock despite the attempted interference from Maria Diaz. <strong>90 A</strong></p><p> </p><p>

We would then cut backstage to where Tyler Breeze was getting interviewed by Renee Young. </p><p>

"Tyler, tonight you put your WWE Championship on the line against the Viper Randy Orton. What are your thoughts going into this match?"</p><p>

"You see Renee, I beat Randy Orton at Backlash earlier this year and back then I made some distasteful comments about his career and it almost cost me. This time I'm not going to say he's past it like I did last time but he just simply isn't on my level. Tonight I retain my title and it will be Glorious" <strong>91 A</strong></p><p> </p><p>

The second match of the night saw the Women's United States Championship on the line when Charlotte defended her title against the two former champions Summer Rae and Paige. Summer Rae picked up the surprise victory in a fatal 4 way to win the title off Paige at Judgement Day but after her victory she was cashed in on by Charlotte who won the Women's US title for the first time. This match would be the two friends Paige and Charlotte teaming together to take out Summer Rae and Charlotte laid her out with The Natural Selection but when she went for the cover she was pulled off by Paige who slapped her in the face. This would only anger Charlotte though and she hit a Big Boot on Paige only to get a 2 count. They would go back and forth for the next 2 minutes before Charlotte hit Natural Selection for the 2nd time in this match on Paige but before she went for the pinfall she was rolled up by a returning Summer Rae 1,2 kickout. This shook Charlotte and Summer looked to take advantage and to the surprise of everyone she hit Charlotte's own Natural Selection: 1,2 Paige breaks it up. Paige and Summer then went on to brawl and just like she did with Charlotte, Summer hit Paige's Paige Turner: 1,2 Charlotte breaks it up and quickly hits Natural Selection on Summer 1,2,3-Charlotte retains! <strong>82 B</strong></p><p> </p><p>

After the match Charlotte was celebrating when The New BFF's music hit as Peyton Royce, Sasha Banks, Summer Rae and Liv Morgan surround the outside of the ring while Charlotte and Paige stand back to back but as they go to enter the ring, Paige turns around and hits a vicious clothesline on Charlotte and all 5 women beat down on the champion. <strong>83 B[/b</strong></p><p><strong>

]</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Last month after Moustache Mountain defeated LuchaGore to retain their Intercontinental Tag Team Titles they were laid out by the recently turned heel Gallows and Anderson and tonight The Good Brothers would get their opportunity to become 2 time Intercontinental Tag Team Champions against Moustache Mountain. Gallows and Anderson came into this match high on momentum but so did Moustache Mountain and tonight it was a back and forth match with Karl Anderson working to keep Tyler Bate in his corner and when Bate tried to leap and make the tag to Trent, he was hit with an incredible Spinebuster but it only got a 2 count. Bate tried to make his way back into this match and took out Gallows with a huge punch before throwing Anderson into the corner post and made the tag to Trent. Trent went to work on Anderson straight away and hit some great belly to belly Suplexes before getting a close 2 count from the Bridging German. He was cut off however by Luke Gallows hitting a huge big boot and from then on it was all G&A and they hit the Magic Killer 1,2,3. Gallows and Anderson become 2 time Intercontinental Tag Team Champions. </strong><strong><strong>90 A</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

We now cut backstage where Shane McMahon, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon hyped up their respective teams ahead of their huge match tonight. </strong><strong><strong>78 B</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

In the best match of the night, it was a champion vs champion match with both the Light Heavyweight title and the WWE Alliance Title were on the line tonight when Shane Thorne took on Pentagon Jr. Shane Thorne has been incredible since winning the Light Heavyweight Title from Jack Gallagher in a triple threat also including Prince Puma and has shown that he can be more than a tag team competitor after the retirement of Nick Miller but Pentagon Jr defeated Mark Briscoe to become the Alliance Champion and since then he has successfully defended that belt against Jey Uso and Rampage Brown in the WWE, Trent in C4 and Hirooki Goto in NJPW. The two had different styles as Pentagon worked on the arm of Thorne but Thorne flew around the ring using his speed and athletic ability to take down Pentagon including a series of suicide dives. He rolled Pentagon back into the ring but when he went for the springboard splash Pentagon rolled out of the way and immediately locked in the Cross Armbreaker on Thorne who quickly reached the ropes and forced the break. This changed who was on top now and Pentagon continued to work on the arm and for the 2nd time he locked in the Cross Armbreaker on Thorne who looked like he was going to tap before managing to roll him up for the 2 count and then laid him out with a Superkick and then hit a Standing Moonsault. This gave him the time he needed to climb to the top rope and hit the Black Swan Splash but instead of going for the pan he quickly locked in a Crossface and Pentagon would tap out as Shane Thorne became a double champion. </strong><strong><strong>95 A*</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

After the match Thorne was jumped by Pentagon but his attack was cut off by a debuting Kushida running down to make the save for the Light Heavyweight and Alliance Champion. </strong><strong><strong>85 B+</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Last month at Judgement Day we saw the formation of a brand new stable as Dean Ambrose, Solomon Crowe, Nikki Cross and Eric Young attacked No Way Jose which also saw the debut of the Matt Riddle coming down to make the save. Tonight here at Summerslam The Asylum would take on Team Riddle consisting of Mandy Rose, Matt Riddle, No Way Jose and Colby Corino. The Asylum were clearly only in their to hurt their opponents as Ambrose, Young and Crowe worked to destroy their opponents one by one laying out Corino and No Way Jose before Nikki Cross did the same to Mandy Rose but as soon as Riddle entered the tides changed. He quickly laid out Crowe and Young with German Suplexes but as he was working on Dean, Nikki Cross climbed to the 2nd rope and laid him out with a diving dropkick forcing him to tag in Mandy Rose while Ambrose tagged in Cross. Cross overpowered the former Women's United States Champion easily before hitting the Swinging Fisherman's Neckbreaker to pick up the victory for The Asylum. </strong><strong><strong>79 B</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

With Bray Wyatt in action for Team Shane later tonight, this meant the IC Title would not be on the line but we would have a fatal 4 way for the number one contendership to his title between Kalisto, Braun Strowman, Elgin and Matt Patterson. Elgin was dominant before his loss to Bray Wyatt but he started this match against the much larger Braun Strowman but he didn't back down and the two took out Kalisto and Matt Patterson before brawling with each other and somehow Elgin was able to German Suplex Braun but surprisingly only got a 1 count from it. Elgin was furious at this and rolled out the ring and prepared the announce table but when he rolled back into the ring he was hit with a Running Powerslam from Braun 1,2 Kalisto springboards into break it up. Kalisto tried to work on Braun with his speed but he was caught off a springboard and Braun hit his second Running Powerslam of the match but this time it was Matt Patterson who broke up the pinfall and hit him with a dropkick which staggered Braun, he hit a second Dropkick before taking him down with a Running Crossbody which sent him rolling outside the ring. When outside of the ring Elgin picked him and placed him on the announce table and Kalisto hit a diving elbow from the top rope onto Strowman removing him from the match. Kalisto quickly turned on Elgin however after their small alliance and he threw him into the barricade leaving us with Kalisto and Matt Patterson to fight it out and while Kalisto would try to beat the former IC Champion, he was hit with the One Percenter but before Patterson went for the cover he turned around into a Gore from Kalisto's tag partner Rhyno who placed Kalisto on top of Patterson and Kalisto became the number one contender to the IC Championship. </strong><strong><strong>91 A</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

We then cut backstage to where Apollo Crews talks about his match tonight. He says "This will be the 3rd time that I face Neville one on one. The first time at Wrestlemania wasn't really a fair fight because he cashed in on me after a grueling match with Johnny Mundo and he beat me easily. The next time would be at Money In The Bank and that time I had that title won if it were not for Paul Heyman who got involved and cost me the match. So tonight I guess that many believe that I am not ready to take that title, that I am not worthy or that I am not good enough but how many times have I been told that I'm not good enough? Too many because I am the most athletic wrestler in the WWE, the strongest and I am already a 2 time World Champion so tonight I defeat Neville and become a 3 time WWE World Heavyweight Champion because I showed in the Summer Showdown against Roman Reigns that when people consider me the underdog then I prove them wrong. </strong><strong><strong>99 A*</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

When Team Gargano defeated Team Zayn in WarGames at Battleground, all of the people in that match got their shots that they asked for and one man that was involved in this was Noam Dar as he got another shot against Ryan Sabre for the Cruiserweight Championship but it would be a Triple Threat match because last month Pete Dunne defeated Fred Yehi to earn himself a title shot aswell. Ryan Sabre has recently started calling himself 'The King Of The Cruiserweights' because he believes nobody is on his level but tonight he would be in a tough match against 'The Bruiserweight' and 'The Scottish Supernova'. Noam Dar came into this match wanting revenge on Sabre but he would have to wait in this match as he was attacked immediately by Pete Dunne who threw him out of the ring before Dunne and Sabre fought. Sabre looked to find anyway to make Dunne tap out but he was cut off by Noam Dar returning and throwing both men to the outside and then laying them both out with a Suicide dive and then rolled Dunne back into the ring and locked in the Champagne Super-Kneebar on Dunne who made it to the ropes quickly. Dunne fought his way back into the match and it looked like he may have won the title but only got a 2 count from a Superkick and then Sabre came back into the fray and hit Dunne with a German Suplex before quickly moving into the Cross Armbreaker. However before Dunne could tap out, Noam Dar locked in the Champagne Super-Kneebar on Dunne at the same time and this forced Dunne to tap out to both submissions but since this left it as a draw Ryan Sabre was still the champion. </strong><strong><strong>91 A</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

After the match Sabre and Noam Dar argued over who won the match and then they brawled all around the ringside before Sabre laid out Dar with a huge chair shot. </strong><strong><strong>84 B+</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

At Money In The Bank Tye Dillinger was laid out by an unknown attacker before King Cody took on Seth Rollins for the WWE Championship and then last month at Judgement Day when Tye was the special referee for their triple threat match it was revealed that it was King Cody who hurt Tye because he wanted all of the spotlight on him when he won the WWE Championship. It would be in that triple threat when Tye cost Cody the title by hitting the Tye Breaker on him and then Tyler Breeze took advantage to retain his title. Tonight we would see Tye Dillinger take on King Cody as he looked to get revenge on his former best friend and his former Tag Team champion partner. Together they held the Intercontinental Tag Team Championships and also the Trios Titles alongside Tyler Breeze but they didn't look tonight that they were ever friends as they threw everything at each other and beat the hell out of each other like they had been bitter enemies for years. Cody looked for anyway he could to take out Tye and in the end he went for a superkick on Tye but connected with the referee and he went down. Tye took advantage and hit the Tye Breaker on Cody but there was no referee to count the fall. However as Tye tried to wake up the referee he was low blowed from behind by Cody who then hit the Cross Rhodes and the referee slow counted the 3 count as Cody defeats The Perfect Ten. </strong><strong><strong>92 A</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Last month at WWE Battleground Becky Lynch won the WWE Women's Championship in a triple threat match when she pinned Carmella but tonight Alexa Bliss would get her rematch for the title. Bliss was furious that she wasn't pinned in the triple threat and she showed it in this match and she almost won it immediately when she hit a DDT within the first 5 seconds of the match but Lynch kicked out at 2 to save her championship. Alexa Bliss took advantage of this and she beat down on Lynch for the next couple of minutes and she went for the Twisted Bliss only for Lynch to roll out of the way and she would finally get some offense in this match and worked on the arm of Bliss and then locked in the Dis-Arm-Her on Bliss but she refused to tap and somehow she escaped and was able to lock in the Lex Lock on Lynch who also refused to tap and reached the bottom rope but Bliss turned her around and hit a second DDT before climbing to the top rope and hitting the Twisted Bliss 1,2,3. Alexa Bliss regains her Women's Championship from Becky Lynch and becomes a 3 time champion. </strong><strong><strong>87 B+</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Blake has been a great heel since he returned to the WWE as a singles competitor but tonight he would have his toughest match yet when he took on Kazuchika Okada for the Global Championship. Blake has only suffered a few losses since returning and one of them was against Apollo Crews so he comes into this match high on momentum but so does the Global Champion after a MOTY candidate against Kenny Omega. The crowd were firmly behind the champion here and whenever Blake got offense in he was booed to hell but this did not deter him as he threw everything to try and claim his first WWE title but Okada fired back and he got a close 2 count with a German Suplex and then laid him out with a perfect dropkick. He hit his 2nd German Suplex on Blake but he got straight back to his feet behind Okada and hits a German of his own before climbing to the top rope and hits a Frog Splash and pins but puts his feet on the rope which the referee misses 1,2,3. Blake shocks the world by defeating Kazuchika Okada for the Global Championship and he is booed out of the building but he doesn't care because he is the champion. </strong><strong><strong>93 A</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

We then cut backstage once again to where Neville sits with a smirk on his face as Paul Heyman says "Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Paul Heyman and I am the advocate of the World Heavyweight Champion, the greatest professional wrestler in the world: Neville. Tonight my client takes on Apollo Crews and while we both respect you, we know that you can not beat Neville because as I said earlier he is the greatest wrestler in the world and no one, not Apollo Crews nor Daniel Bryan nor Kassius Ohno or anybody else on this damn roster and tonight my client does what he does best: Put on a Match Of The Year candidate and retain his title 1,2,3." </strong><strong><strong>96 A*</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

The next match was huge as the whole of the company was on the line when Team Shane (Bray Wyatt, Taylor Rotunda and John Cena) took on Team Stephanie (Osamu Fuji, Lio Rush and Marcus Louis) and Team Triple H (Bobby Fish, Frankie Daniels and Alberto El Patron). Whichever team picked up the victory would gain the rights to the company for their managers and they knew that if their team lost then their careers could be over in the WWE. It would be John Cena, Frankie Daniels and former NXT Champion Marcus Louis who started off in the ring and Louis started off impressively for his team by hitting John Cena with a chokeslam and then did the same to Daniels but only got a 2 count. The match was very back and forth as all 3 teams fought it out and then in the end of the match Cena tagged out to Bray Wyatt who came in and the IC Champion immediately laid out Lio Rush with a diving crossbody and with nobody to tag too he was able to hit Alberto El Patron with a Sister Abigail and Team Shane would pick up the victory and Shane McMahon gets his company back from the clutches of Triple H. </strong><strong><strong>86 B+</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

The Authors Of Pain's Tag Team Titles would be on the line up next in a fatal 4 way Tag Team match. Finn and AJ earned their title shot inside WarGames last month, Ted Dibiase returned from an injury caused by Akam so The Price Is Right were added to this match and War Machine debuted to confront The Author's last month. The Authors Of Pain, War Machine and The Price is right quickly got rid of Finn & AJ and then we had a huge brawl between these teams when Dibiase was thrown out leaving the 5 huge men in the ring to beat the hell out of each other before Dibiase, Finn & AJ returned to take out War Machine and Rezar with simultaneous Dropkicks and then Eric Price hit a huge Gutwrench Powerbomb on Akam leaving these two teams to fight it out before Price accidentally lays out Dibiase with a clothesline and then he is clotheslined out of the ring himself by Finn and AJ who then throw caution to the wind by laying out the whole of the competition on the outside of the ring with simultaneous suicide dives. However The Authors Of Pain were on their back quickly and they took out both the German and Spanish announce table with The Super Collider through the announce tables and the fans chant "Holy Shit". They quickly pick up Balor, roll him back into the ring and hit The Last Chapter to pick up the victory and retain their WWE Tag Team Titles. 87 B+</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

After the match Ted Dibiase was furious that Eric Price had taken him out and was screaming in his face before slapping him but Price just picked him up and hit him with a Gutwrench Powerbomb as the fans cheered him. Sadly this angle will have to wait a couple of months since Dibiase got himself busted for drugs as did Raymond Rowe. </strong><strong><strong>78 B</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

Up next was a rematch from Backlash when Randy Orton challenged Tyler Breeze for the WWE Championship. Randy still feels disrespected about all the comments that Breeze made and he has promised to get revenge by taking the WWE Championship and becoming a 15 time World Champion in the process. However Tyler has apologized for his comments at the time but won't lie down for Orton and promises that he will retain his WWE Championship against The Viper. Bring a fight he did and Orton was on the back foot from the start as the younger, faster, Breeze brought the fight to Orton but he still put a good fight as he looked to win his 15th title. The match was back and forth with Orton get close 2 counts from a powerslam and a huge Superplex but Breeze fired back with the Supermodel Kick and an Enzuguiri which also got 2 counts. As the match went on Orton got more and more angry and at the end he was furious and started to set up Breeze for the Punt Kick but as he ran for it Breeze hit him with a Beauty Shot out of nowhere to pick up the victory and retain his WWE Championship. </strong><strong><strong>88 B+</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

The semi main event was the culmination of the huge 6/7 month feud between Johnny Gargano and Sami Zayn and if Johnny Gargano won then Sami Zayn would be fired from his role as the Raw General Manager but if Sami won then Gargano would be fired from Monday Night Raw. The two put on an amazing match like they have done in the past and the crowd were behind Gargano as he looked to get revenge for everything that has happened over the past couple of month. Both men brought their best to this match and Gargano started off strong hitting Sami Zayn with the Slingshot Spear and quickly transitioning into the Gargano Escape but Zayn was already on the ropes so he had to break. The two went back and forth until Sami threw Gargano to the outside and hit a Tope Con Hilo before hitting the Suicide dive Tornado DDT on Gargano. He then removed the monitors from the announce table but because he had to roll back into the ring to restart the count it gave Gargano a chance to take advantage and he threw Sami onto the announce table and DDT'd him through it but when he threw him back in the ring he only got a 2 count. Sami slowly made his way back into this match and got another 2 count from the Blue Thunderbomb and then hit the Exploder Suplex into the corner setting up Johnny for the Helluva Kick. However as he ran forward he was hit with a Spear from Gargano who then locked in the Gargano Escape and Sami Zayn taps out. JOHNNY WINS! </strong><strong><strong>94 A</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

The main event was a huge match for the World Heavyweight Championship as Apollo Crews took on Neville and it could possibly be Crews last chance to face Neville for the title if he does not win tonight. Apollo Crews got this match by being the first ever winner of the WWE Summer Showdown and Neville has become more and more cocky since winning the title that he believes that Crews isn't good enough to win the title. Their match was very good but not as good as their last match or as good as most of Neville's recent title defenses but both men went all out in this match. Apollo was more focused than he'd ever been but he came close to losing the match early when Neville hit an early Bridging German Suplex but it only got a 2 count however it gave Neville an early advantage. he worked on the neck of Crews looking to use his newly adopted Rings Of Saturn but Crews got back into the match by hitting Neville with a huge Enzuguiri and then much to the surprise of everyone he hit Neville with a Tombstone Piledriver but somehow he was able to kick out at 2. the match was back and forth following this and when Neville hit Crews with a Superkick, Crews responded by hitting an Enzuguiri and both men crashed to the mat and were met by a huge standing ovation from the crowd. Neville was the first to his feet and he climbed to the top rope slowly but once again he was met with an Enzuguiri from Crews who then hit a Superplex from the top rope. Finally he picked up Neville, hit the Spinout Powerbomb 1,2 KICKOUT! Neville is the first person to kick out of Apollo Crews' Spinout Powerbomb ever and in Crews shock he gets back to his feet and hit a huge reverse Frankensteiner and then locked in the Rings Of Saturn on Crews who stares right into the face of Heyman who screams for him to tap but Crews refuses and manages somehow to escape the hold and hits a powerslam on Neville. From this he hits the Standing Shooting Star Press on Neville before picking him up for the 2nd time and hits a second Spinout Powerbomb 1,2,3. Apollo Crews is a 3 time World Heavyweight Champion after finally defeating Neville! </strong><strong><strong>93 A</strong></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

There have been a bunch of things happening outside of the WWE with Ultimo Guerrero retiring and getting inducted into the HOI, Dean Muhtadi and Jessie Godderz won the Evolve Tag Team Titles, Lashley has officialy retired, SD Revived have grown to Regional, Alex Shelley and Ryuichi Kawakami were the first ever SD Tag Team Champions, we held another 100 A* event in the UK Takeover which was main evented by Neville retaining his World Heavyweight Championship against Bray Wyatt in a 98 A*, Brother Ray and Goldberg retire from in ring competition, In the slowly dying NJPW Captain New Japan won the G1 Climax, Jake Roberts sadly passed away and former WWE Intercontinental Tag Team Champions The Dorado's won the ROH Tag Team Titles from Heath Miller and Scorpio Sky.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">TLDR</span></strong></p><p><strong>

</strong><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">Daniel Bryan defeated Cassady in a 90 A</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Charlotte defeated Paige and Summer Rae in an 82 B to retain her Women's US Championship</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Anderson and Gallows defeated Moustache Mountain in a 90 A to win the IC Tag Titles</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Shane Thorne defeated Pentagon Jr in a 95 A* to win the Alliance Title and retain his Light Heavyweight Championship</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

The Asylum defeated Team Riddle in a 79 B</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Kalisto defeated Braun Strowman, Elgin and Matt Patterson in a 91 A to become number one contender to the IC Title.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Ryan Sabre drew with Noam Dar and Pete Dunne in a 91 A following a double submission on Dunne to retain his Cruiserweight Title</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

King Cody defeated Tye Dillinger in a 92 A</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Oney Lorcan defeated Kassius Ohno in a 90 A to retain his US Championship</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Alexa Bliss defeated Becky Lynch in an 87 B+ to win the Women's Championship</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Blake defeated Kazuchika Okada in a 93 A to win the Global Championship</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Tetsuya Naito defeated Enzo Amore in a 92 A to retain his European Championship</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Team Shane defeated Team Triple H and Team Stephanie in an 86 B+</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Authors Of Pain defeated War Machine, The Price is Right and Finn & AJ in an 87 B+ to retain their Tag Team Titles.</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Tyler Breeze defeated Randy Orton in an 88 B+ to retain his WWE Championship</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Johnny Gargano defeated Sami Zayn in a 94 A</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">

Apollo Crews defeated Neville in a 93 A to win the World Heavyweight Championship</span></strong></p>

<p>Mauro: "Tonight for just one night only we see the return of WWE Hell In A Cell and there are 2 huge matches inside of the cell. For the first time ever the Cruiserweight Championship will be on the line inside of the ominous cell as this bloody feud between Ryan Sabre and his former best friend Noam Dar has come to this and both men will never be the same again."</p><p> </p><p>

Striker: "And for months Daniel Bryan was unable to get the better of Neville whether it be for the World Heavyweight Championship or in a singles match but after Team Johnny won in WarGames he was granted one more shot at getting revenge and he wanted this match inside of Hell In A Cell to prevent Paul Heyman from interfering like he has done so many times before"</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Shane McMahon comes out to the ring to start off WWE Hell In A Cell.</p><p> </p><p>

He says "What's up Connecticut? At Summerslam I finally got my company back and many people have been wondering about the future of Lucha Underground. Well I am here to announce that while I will not fire any of the Lucha Underground roster, we will see the return of Smackdown to replace Lucha Underground on Wednesday nights. But on to what everyone wanted to hear tonight and I am here to announce the brand new Raw general manager so everybody give it up for the new face of Monday Night Raw"</p><p> </p><p>

'IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING'</p><p> </p><p>

The crowd erupts as The Rock makes his return to the WWE for the first time since he entered the hall of fame and he enters the ring with Shane.</p><p> </p><p>

He says "FINALLY, The Rock has come back HOME and back to Connecticut and I am here to make sure the millions AND MILLIONS enjoy Monday Night Raw. Tonight we have a hell of a show but I want to start it off strongly and as we saw in the main event of Raw this week, Becky Lynch won back her Women's Championship from Alexa Bliss and tonight they will meet in the ring again but Becky will team up with Emma to face the team of Alexa and Portia Perez. However I have an even bigger announcement to make as I have seen the huge success of Cruiserweights and Light Heavyweights here in the WWE and tonight they will make history when the Cruiserweight title is defended for the first time inside the Hell In A Cell. so I am proud to make more history by announcing that starting next month we will see the first ever CRUISERWEIGHT CLASSIC, a 32 man single elimination tournament with the winner going on to get either a Cruiserweight or Light Heavyweight Title shot. IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING!" <strong>90 A</strong></p><p> </p><p>

We would see that Women's Tag Team match to open up the show as Portia Perez makes her PPV debut for the company starting off in the ring with the Women's Championship Becky Lynch and if she had nerves, it didn't show as she took it to the Champion and she knew that if she could pin her then she would be in line for a title shot. However Becky Lynch fought back and hit 'Straight Fire' leading to Portia tagging in Alexa Bliss for the first time in this match. Bliss and Lynch would go back and forth and then Emma also came in and brawled with her former rival Alexa Bliss. The match would end however when Bliss and Lynch each tagged out to their partners but continued to brawl around the ring which distracted Emma and she turned around right into a Superkick from Portia Perez and she picks up the surprise victory for her team. <strong>78 B</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Trevor Lee was in action up next against former World Heavyweight Champion Johnny Mundo as he continues to make a big impact and defeat a former champion. The Caveman has been unbeaten since debuting on Monday Night Raw while Mundo has been on a downward slope since dropping the World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania and is looking to make his way back up towards the top and by doing it when ending the unbeaten streak of Lee. This would not happen however as Lee put up a great fight and hit him with the Running Knee To The Face to pick up another victory. <strong>86 B+</strong></p><p> </p><p>

This would be followed up by our first of the two Hell in a Cell matches tonight when the Cruiserweight Championship was on the line between the champion Ryan Sabre and his former best friend Noam Dar who he turned on all the way back at Vengeance. This match came about one last time after the controversial triple threat match at Summerslam ended with a double submission on Pete Dunne and ever since then they have been brawling non stop until this match was announced. This match was an insane encounter and while the match didn't leave the cell, the two competitors beat each other bloody, literally. The two destroyed each other for the whole match and it took so much for them to try and put the other away with Noam Dar somehow kicking out of a Tiger Suplex through a table. Dar made his way back into this match and he threw Sabre to the outside of the ring and then hit a suicide dive which sent Sabre in to the cell but he wasn't done there and he ran back into the ring and went for it again once again sending Sabre's back into the cell and his head ricocheted of the unforgiving steel. Dar decided he wasn't going to leave it just there and he reached under the ring and pulled out a bag and when he re-entered the ring he revealed that inside the bag were thumb tacks and he poured them all over the ring and he grabbed Sabre who had returned to the ring and he hit with a lethal enzuigiri and then picked him up and hit a German Suplex onto the thumb tacks and made the cover 1,2 Kickout. Somehow Ryan Sabre was able to kick out but Dar looked to take advantage immediately and went for the Champagne-Super Kneebar but Sabre kicked him away and when Dar went back in Sabre somehow locked in a Cross Arm-Breaker on Dar and when he locked it in fully his back was kneeling into the Thumb Tacks and both men were in great pain but his risk would pay off as much to the dismay of the crowd Noam Dar had to tap out and Ryan Sabre retained his Cruiserweight Championship in a phenomenal match. <strong>97 A*</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Anyone that had to follow that match would have troubles but that was the job of Allysin Kay and former women's champion Noelle Foley as the had a singles contest. Noelle may be a former women's champion but she hasn't been very successful as of late and she was looking to try and get into the title picture once again but so was Allysin Kay who had some very impressive title matches with Alexa Bliss but hasn't yet won the Women's title and a victory tonight could get her another shot. The two put on a good yet unspectacular match and they both looked very even but in the end it would be Noelle Foley who picked up the victory with the Flatliner. <strong>80 B</strong></p><p> </p><p>

At Summerslam Cassady was in a great match with Daniel Bryan and while he was unable to pick up the victory there, he would go on to get a shot at Oney Lorcan's United States Title tonight. Oney has been an impressive champion so far since he regained the title from Nia Jax defeating the likes of Kassius Ohno, The Miz and even Big Cass himself before his repackage as Cassady. Tonight Oney would look to repeat history and pick up the victory but Cassady looked like a monster heading into this and with his girlfriend Maria Diaz by his side it looked certain that he would walk out as the champion. Oney would not lie down without a fight however and he brought the fight straight out of the blocks to Cassady. Cassady got close 2 counts from the big boot and a Sitout Swinging side slam as he took control in this match only for Oney to fire back with the Blockbuster and a huge Lariat. The match came to and end however when Maria Diaz got on the apron to distract Oney Lorcan but when Cassady swung him around, Oney got the quick cradle 1,2,3. Oney Lorcan retains his United States Title with a roll up on Cassady. <strong>87 B+</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Oney Lorcan had no time to celebrate because he was immediately jumped by Cassady who hit him with two lethal Deep Sixes before leaving with Diaz. It seems he isn't done with the United States title. <strong>80 B</strong></p><p> </p><p>

At Summerslam Blake shocked the wrestling world by defeating one of the greatest wrestlers in the WWE Kazuchika Okada to win his first singles title when he walked out as the Global Champion. Tonight Okada got his rematch and while he was out to get revenge, Blake was looking to prove that his victory was anything but a fluke and that he can go just as well as Okada can in a wrestling ring. The two put on a great match once again as they went back and forth and Blake tried to make sure he retained his title by escaping any time at the lethal Rainmaker from Okada because if he hit that then it was surely over. By using this tactic he was able to actually pick up his second victory over the former IWGP World Champion when he hit a great backbreaker and then climbed to the top rope, hit a frog splash and walked out still the Global Champion. <strong>94 A</strong></p><p> </p><p>

At Summerslam Toyoshige Nakata and Ross Von Erich won battle royals and this meant that they got a tag team title opportunity together against The Authors Of Pain. However on their way down to the ring Akam and Rezar ambushed Toyoshige Nakata and Von Erich hitting the Super Collider on the ramp way and then they rolled Ross into the ring where the referee reluctantly started the match. The match itself was short as The Authors just played with their food taking turns to beat up Ross before eventually hitting The Last Chapter and walking out as still the WWE Tag Team Champions. <strong>82 B</strong></p><p> </p><p>

The semi main event was our second and final Hell In A Cell match of the night as former World Heavyweight Champion Neville took on his longtime rival Daniel Bryan as he looked to get his way back into the main event picture and finally get a victory over Neville. The match start off hard and fast as both men flew at each other throwing fists and beating the hell out of each other and it got brutal when Daniel Bryan DDT'd Neville onto a Steel Chair busting him open in the process. A few minutes after this and the two were fighting on the outside of the ring when Neville raked the eyes of Bryan and then he hit an Exploder Suplex through the cell wall to the outside of the ring and the crowd begin chants of "Holy Shit". It seems this was Neville's plan all along as he smiles and then starts to remove the monitors from the announce table and then starts to climb the side of the cell but soon he is joined by Bryan and they both start to punch each other halfway up the cell wall until both men lost their grip and went crashing through the announce table below with Neville taking the majority of the impact. it was a few minutes before any man stirred and Daniel Bryan crawled back inside of the cell and into the ring where he slowly made his way back to his feet and grabbed a kendo stick that lay in the ring from earlier. Neville made his way back into the ring slower but when he did he was met with continuous shots to the back from the kendo stick and then Daniel Bryan locked in the Yes! Lock and Neville quickly tapped out giving Bryan his win finally. <strong>95 A* </strong></p><p> </p><p>

The main event saw the World Heavyweight Title on the line when Raw's newest signee Roman Reigns got his shot against the new Champion Apollo Crews. With Neville not cashing in his rematch yet, Shane decided that he wanted to swap Roman Reigns to Raw in an exchange for Kassius Ohno who moved over to Smackdown. Roman was quick to challenge the man that beat him to win the Summer Showdown because he feels he was cheated out of that match and wants a shot at revenge against the leader of the Apollo Nation. It was an incredible match which saw Roman have the majority of the opening battle as he beat down upon the new champion and hitting various powerbombs but never getting the 3 count and in his anger he pushed the referee. This short distraction led to Apollo rolling him up and getting the close 2 count before hitting a huge enzuigiri followed by a standing Moonsault. This got him another close 2 count and from then on the match swung back and forth with both men hitting their signatures but out of nowhere Apollo hit his Spinout Powerbomb to pick up the victory and retain his World Heavyweight Title. <strong>100 A*</strong></p><p> </p><p>

[<span style="font-size:14px;">B]TLDR</span><span style="font-size:14px;">[/b]</span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">

Alexa Bliss and Portia Perez defeated Emma and Becky Lynch when Portia Perez pinned Emma in a 78 B</span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">

Trevor Lee defeated Johnny Mundo in an 86 B+</span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">

Ryan Sabre defeated Noam Dar in a Hell In A Cell match to retain his Cruiserweight Championship in a 95 A*</span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">

Noelle Foley defeated Allysin Kay in an 80 B</span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">

Oney Lorcan defeated Cassady with a roll up to retain his United States Title in an 87 B+</span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">

Nixon Newell defeated Carmella in a 78 B</span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">

Blake defeated Kazuchika Okada to retain his Global Championship in a 94 A</span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">

The Authors Of Pain defeated Ross Von Erich and Toyoshige Nakata to retain their Tag Team Titles in an 82 B</span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">

Daniel Bryan defeated Neville in a Hell In A Cell match in a 95 A*</span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">

Apollo Crews defeated Roman Reigns to retain his World Heavyweight Championship in a 100 A*</span></p>

<p>Mauro: "Ladies and Gentlemen, it's what you've all been waiting for ever since it was announced 2 weeks ago by The Rock. Tonight we bring you the Cruiserweight Classic"</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Round 1-Night 1</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Rich Swann defeated Eddie Edwards with the Rich Kick in an <strong>80 B</strong></p><p>

Prince Puma defeated Argos with the Shooting Star Press in a <strong>76 B-</strong></p><p>

Gurv Sihra defeated Valiente Jr. with the Superkick in an <strong>82 B </strong></p><p>

Eddie Colon defeated Sin Cara with a Backstabber in an <strong>81 B</strong></p><p>

Tomasso Ciampa defeated Angel De Plata with the Project Ciampa in an <strong>81 B</strong></p><p>

ACH defeated El Ligero with Ready or not here I come in a <strong>68 C+</strong></p><p>

Noam Dar defeated Harv Sihra with the Champage Super-Kneebar in an <strong>88 B+</strong></p><p>

Kenneth Ospreay defeated Alex Shelley with Imploding 450 Splash in an <strong>86 B+ </strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Round 1-Night 2</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Xavier Woods defeated Brian Kendrick with Lost In The Woods in a <strong>78 B</strong></p><p>

Hiromu Takahashi defeated Drew Gulak with a Fisherman Suplex in a <strong>72 B-</strong></p><p>

Kalisto defeated Angelico with a Salida Del Sol in a <strong>66 C+</strong></p><p>

Dragon Lee defeated Naomichi Marafuji with the Phoenix Plex in a <strong>68 C+</strong></p><p>

Kofi Kingston defeated Jack Gallagher with the Trouble In Paradise in a <strong>66 C+</strong></p><p>

Pentagon Jr defeated Lince Dorado with the Pentagon Driver in a <strong>78 B</strong></p><p>

Johnny Gargano defeated Angel De Oro with a Gargano Escape in an <strong>81 B</strong></p><p>

Marty Scurll defeated Cedric Alexander with the Crossface Chickenwing in an <strong>86 B+ </strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Round 2-night 3</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Marty Scurll defeated Rich Swann with the Crossface Chickenwing in a <strong>79 B</strong> </p><p>

Dragon Lee defeated Hiromu Takahashi with the Phoenix Plex in a <strong>70 C+</strong></p><p>

Kofi Kingston defeated ACH with Trouble In Paradise in a <strong>78 B</strong></p><p><strong>

</strong></p><p>

Xavier Woods defeated Eddie Colon with Lost in the Woods in a <strong>78 B</strong></p><p>

Kalisto defeated Gurv Sihra with Salida Del Sol in an <strong>81 B</strong></p><p>

Kenneth Ospreay defeated Pentagon Jr with a handful of tights in a <strong>78 B</strong> </p><p>

Prince Puma defeated Noam Dar with the Shooting Star Press in an <strong>87 B+</strong></p><p>

Johnny Gargano defeated Tommaso Ciampa by Roll up in an <strong>83 B+</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Quarter Final-night 4</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Xavier Woods defeated Kofi Kingston with Lost in the Woods in an <strong>86 B+</strong></p><p>

Prince Puma defeated Kalisto with the Shooting Star Press in an <strong>83 B+</strong></p><p>

Exhibition match-Jervis Cottonbelly defeated Aeroboy in a 65 C+</p><p>

Kenneth Ospreay defeated Dragon Lee with the Oscutter in an <strong>86 B+</strong></p><p>

Johnny Gargano defeated Marty Scurll with the Hurts Donut in an <strong>85 B+</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Final night-night 5</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Johnny Gargano defeated Xavier Woods with the Hurts Donut in a <strong>96 A*</strong></p><p>

Kenneth Ospreay defeated Prince Puma with the Oscutter in an <strong>88 B+</strong></p><p>

Exhibition match: Cedric Alexander and ACH defeated El Ligero and Lince Dorado in an <strong>81 B</strong></p><p>

Exhibition match: Kofi Kingston and Rich Swann defeated Brian Kendrick and Eddie Colon in a <strong>74 B-</strong></p><p> </p><p>

FINAL: Kenneth Ospreay defeated Johnny Gargano with the Oscutter in a 94 A to win the first ever Cruiserweight Classic and get a guaranteed Cruiserweight Title match in the future.</p>

<p>Mauro: "Tonight we have a huge night for all of the Smackdown competitors with some huge contests like our main event of Tyler Breeze and King Cody facing off for the WWE Championship"</p><p> </p><p>

Striker: "I really look forward to a huge rematch tonight from Insurrextion when the Face that runs the place John Cena takes on Garrett Bischoff in a heated contest"</p><p> </p><p>

Our first match of the night saw the Intercontinental Championship on the line when Bray Wyatt put his title on the line for the first time against the man who won his Number One Contendership at Summerslam: The King of Flight Kalisto. Kalisto overcame the odds in the fatal 4 Way at Summerslam when he defeated Matt Patterson and the much larger Elgin and Braun Strowman to win his chance tonight. Wyatt won the title against Elgin at Judgement Day but due to his involvement with the Team Shane vs Team Stephanie vs Team Triple H match at Summerslam he has been unable to defend his title since then. The two have very different styles and the match began with Kalisto trying to use his speed against the much larger opponent but he was taken down quickly with a diving crossbody from Wyatt who rained fists upon his opponent in an attempt to gain an advantage. He continued with his momentum but when he went for a running senton, Kalisto rolled out of the way and was able to roll him up for the 2 count but in doing so he got back on top. He proceeded to use his speed as his most Lethal Weapon and hitting a Hurricanrana which sent Wyatt under the ropes to the outside and he quickly followed up by a Suicide Dive. He rolled Wyatt into the ring and prepared for him to get back to his feets and goes for a Springboard Forearm on Bray but he is caught by the Champion who quickly hits a Sister Abigail 1,2,3. Bray Wyatt retains his Intercontinental Champion. <strong>89 A</strong></p><p> </p><p>

After the match Kalisto appears confused as to what happened but he spins Bray around and gets in his face before surprising everyone by kneeling down in front of the Champion who laughs, the lights go out and then both men are gone when they come back on. <strong>88 B+</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Our second match of the night saw The Wolf Pack taking on the newest tag team that debuted on Smackdown from WWD, KentDoi (Kento Miyahara & Naruki Doi). The 2 new debuting superstars were very impressive in this match with both men showing good strength where they hit various Suplexes on their opponents before Naruki Doi hit Davey Richards with the Running Single Leg Dropkick. <strong>79 B</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Last month at Summerslam, Team Stephanie may have been unsuccessful but all 3 members put up a great fight and in the end their team wasn't pinned and one of the men in that match would be in action tonight when he took on former Tag Team Champion Rhyno. Rhyno felt he was being overlooked a singles star now that they dropped the tag titles but Osamu Fuji is looking to make his name here and the two put on a decent but unspectacular match as the Man Beast tried to dominate but in the end he was beaten with the Dawn Clutch-Hold from Fuji. <strong>79 B</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Rhyno is getting to his feet when the lights go out for the second time tonight. When they come back on Bray Wyatt, Taylor Rotunda and Rhyno's tag partner Kalisto who has a brand new mask which is all black and Rhyno just looks at him in shock but while he is distracted he is attacked from behind by Wyatt and then it is an all out 3 on 1 beatdown.</p><p>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yLXslDDSiM" rel="external nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yLXslDDSiM</a></p><p>

Heath Slater returns to the WWE and comes down to make the save for Rhyno hitting a Hangman's Neckbreaker on Taylor Rotunda but the lights go out and when they come back on The Wyatt's are gone and Heath helps Rhyno to the back. <strong>84 B+</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Sean Finlay has lost his way as of late here in the WWE. The former Tag Team and Global Champion has been in limbo for a while since the dissolution of Bulletproof but tonight he would take on Bobby Fish in a match in which both would look to gain momentum. The two put on a good match with Sean Finlay picking up the victory with the Celtic Cross. <strong>80 B</strong></p><p> </p><p>

The next match was a tag team match as Bayley teamed up with Women's United States Champion Charlotte to take on the team of Sasha Banks and the recently turned heel Paige. Last month Paige failed to regain her title and because of this she turned on the Champion Charlotte to join The New BFF's and tonight she teamed up with The Boss and new friend Sasha Banks. It was a very good match which went back and forth before Charlotte locked in the figure 4 Leglock on Sasha and then bridged into the Figure 8. Paige entered the ring to try and make the save but she was hit with a Bayley To Belly and Sasha had nothing to do but tap out as the champion and Bayley pick up the win. <strong>88 B+</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Earlier tonight we saw one member of Team Stephanie at Summerslam pick up the victory over Rhyno and up next we saw former NXT Champion Marcus Louis get his first chance at gold in the WWE when he took on Tetsuya Naito for the WWE European Championship. Accompanied to the ring by his fellow members of The Ungovernables, Andrade Cien Almas and Eduardo Rush and he is still unbeaten in the WWE but this was a really tough test for him. The match wasn't good at all due to the two having no chemistry but they tried their hardest to make it work and to the surprise of the fans it would be Marcus Louis who picked up the victory and won the European Championship when he pinned Naito with the Uranage. <strong>69 C+</strong></p><p> </p><p>

At Summerslam Moustache Mountain walked in as the Intercontinental Tag Team Champions but that night they went up against Gallows & Anderson and the Good Brothers walked out with the titles but tonight Tyler Bate and Trent Seven would get their rematch for the IC Tag Team Titles. It was a very good match as Gallows & Anderson worked to try and take out Tyler again but he fought back and hit a huge European Uppercut and made the hot tag to Trent Seven who took down both Gallows and Anderson with Belly to Belly Suplexes before Moustache Mountain set up for their signature European Uppercut/German Suplex combo but Karl Anderson escaped and hit the Gun Stun on Tyler Bate and then Karl Anderson re-entered the ring and the two hit the Magic Killer 1,2,3. Gallows and Anderson retain their IC Tag Team Titles.<strong> 80 B</strong></p><p> </p><p>

We now go backstage to where King Cody is sitting in the locker room lacing up his boots. He looks up at the camera and says "I guess you want to know what my plan is for tonight against Tyler Breeze. It's simple, I hit the Cross Rhodes-1,2,3. I win the title now get outta here or I'll kick your ass" <strong>90 A</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Up next the Light Heavyweight Title would be on the line when Shane Thorne took on Pentagon Jr and Kushida. Last month at Summerslam Shane Thorne and Pentagon Jr put on the best match of the night when Shane picked up the victory to win the Alliance Title and retain his Light Heavyweight Title but Pentagon attempted to beat him down after the match only for Kushida to make his debut and make the save leading to our match tonight. It was a very back and forth match and all 3 could have walked out with the belt but in the end it would be Shane Thorne who picked up the victory to retain his title when he pinned Pentagon Jr with the Black Swann Splash. <strong>75 B-</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Next up would be the highly anticipated rematch from Insurrextion as John Cena looked to show that the loss he suffered to Garrett Bischoff was a fluke and that he can still hang in the main event scene. The 16 time World Champion lost last time but since then he has been working harder than ever in the gym to get back to peak physique while Bischoff has been on a winning streak and has yet to been pinned or submitted here in the WWE and he would look to continue here tonight against the Face that runs the place. The match was once again incredible with the two having great chemistry and it was a back and forth contest as the two fought it out to pick up the victory. Late on in the match John Cena lifted up Bischoff for the AA but in doing so he connected with the referee who went down and Cena pinned Garrett but there was no one there to count it. John backs up into a corner before the cameras cut to ringside where Cena's fiance Nikki Bella just jumped over the barricade holding a chair and rolled into the ring and hit Bischoff across the back with a chair before handing it to Cena who looks shocked and goes to throw it out of the ring but he sees Bischoff getting to his feet and he smiles before smacking Bischoff across the head with it and then throws it out of the ring and lifts him up before hitting an AA. 1,2,3. John Cena picks up the victory as the crowd boos profusely before Nikki Bella enters the ring and kisses him in front of the cameras before the two walk to the back together. <strong>86 B+</strong></p><p> </p><p>

The main event saw Tyler Breeze putting his WWE Championship on the line against his former friend and tag tea partner King Cody. Cody won the WWE Championship at Money in The Bank from Seth Rollins but earlier in the night he had taken out his and Tyler's friend Tye Dillinger and to get revenge Tyler Breeze cashed in his MITB briefcase that he won that night and became the new WWE Champion. Tonight they would face off one on one for the first time and it was a good match as Cody looked to cheat his way to victory but Tyler was having none of it and eventually it would be Tyler who picked up the victory when he put Cody down with a Supermodel Kick and then finished it with the Beauty Shot. <strong>86 B+</strong></p>

Archived