Quick tip: graphics hosting on PhotoBucket

I feel like this needs to be stickied or something so that everybody here who hosts their graphics on PhotoBucket can read and use it.

If you're going to host images on PhotoBucket, and you want to embed them, PLEASE go to your Account Settings on PB and turn the Filename Scrambling to OFF first.

That extra, unnecessary lettering after the name of the file is probably 96% (or more) of the reason people ask for image packs (of those particular images being hosted on PB) in Zip/Rar/7Zip archive format rather than saving the page as an HTML and just grabbing the images from the "_files" folder that's created.

Obviously, if you host on a place like TinyPic or ImgUr, the filename scrambling is a thing that's pretty unavoidable, unfortunately.

But it IS a FIXABLE thing if you host them on PhotoBucket, so PLEASE--once again--change your PB account settings to turn Filename Scrambling to OFF.

I hope this was helpful to at least 1 person here who keeps wondering why there's gibberish after a wrestler PNG cut's filename.

- Adz

PS: hosting and linking your images in a dedicated folder on a free 2gb DropBox account is also a good way to preserve the filename, AND allow a quick "download folder as Zip" option if you share the folder link.

• 4 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MHero" data-cite="MHero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="42971" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is this really a big issue? If I see scrambling at the end, I just remove it myself when saving the file. Takes about five seconds. Can't say I've seen a rash of posts about it (however I am fairly inactive these days due to work and other things so maybe I've missed something).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, but when it's numerous files, it takes a lot of time. It's unnecessary. If you want your work to be inaccessible, don't leave it on the internet.</p>

Archived