Matches Based on Eye Candy/In-Ring Skills

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but have never gotten the opportunity.

Can workers (specifically women with low in-ring skills) improve in-ring skills when placed in eye candy-based matches? I assume the answer is no, so I usually forgo that option if I want someone to improve in-ring, but I wanted to see if maybe I was wrong.

If you go by notes in the match summary about workers improving at certain skills then the answer is yes. That said, it's not always clear if those notes indicate an immediate change since often looking at their stat before and after the match will show the same value (Maybe it's a decimal increase?).

I believe workers, unless they are in decline or have reached their skill caps, will always be able to improve their wrestling skills by working matches, regardless of whether the match is eye-candy based, technical based or whatever else.

From the in-game help files:

Matches and Worker Skill Changes

A wrestler's skills will improve with every match that he wrestles, as long as he has not entered the "decline" phase of his career and road agent notes did not mean he had a limited role in the bout.

Most skills will gain 0.1% just from working a match. Some core skills (basics, psychology, safety, consistency, and stamina) gain slightly more, with extra boosts available if the worker has a low rating or if someone better at that skill is also in the match.

If the match went over 7 minutes (of in-ring action; non-wrestling time does not count) then the worker can gain an extra 0.1% for each skill as long as someone else in the match was better than him at it and he is not within 30% of his maximum "capped" level in that skill.

I think the basis of the match (eye-candy, etc . . .) has to do with how the match itself is rated, not how it affects the development of the workers who participate in it. I believe the notes about workers improving certain skills that show up in match summaries appear when the worker has made "extra" skill gains beyond just the base 0.1% skill gain from working a particular match, which can happen in the ways described in the quote above.

<p>With the usual caveats about skill caps and going into decline...</p><p> </p><p>

Yes, they will gain skills in any type of match because the type of match doesn't seem to matter much at all. What matters is if the opponent has high skills than the other wrestler (and that's all top row and psych row skills). So, if you're doing scrub workers with high sex appeal, then it isn't that likely that they'll gain much at all from working against each other, but again, who really cares because the whole point of doing sex appeal matches is to get high match grades out of lousy wrestlers. Yeah, you can put some good, low-pop women in those matches to build them up, but you'll stop that soon enough when they gain pop.</p>

Archived