Free Style Angles

Depends on the type of players involved. If I want someone to genuinely fight each other, overness makes sense. If the attacker is just beating up the guy, then I go for menace. If the attacker is sneaking up and making a statement, then entertainment makes sense. Whereas the victim is usually overness/entertainment depending on what he was doing prior to getting beaten up.

I always envision an angle from history when judging what to rate mine on.

Take Stone Cold attacking Vince McMahon in '98 for example. I say OK if you replaced Stone Cold with X-Pac is the angle still great? If the answer is no then I think about why.

In this instance it's because Stone Cold was more over than Pac. If you replaced Stone Cold with HBK it's still a great angle because HBK was as over as Stone Cold, so above all that attack angle is rated on Overness.

Vince would be rated on entertainment, since he spends a good portion of the segment on the mic prodding the crowd.

Another example is Undertaker destroying Jeff Hardy and Jeff not quitting. That angle I'd put on Undertaker's menace and Jeff Hardy's selling, because you could easily replace Undertaker with any other menacing big man and get a similar result (of course even if you rate him on Menace, overness is taking into account).

Archived