Tips for Diary Format and Posting???

Hi everyone, first off, I am brand new to forums, posting wise anyhow... this is my literal 2nd forum post in my 27 year long life. Anyway, I played EWR A LOT and casually played TEW 2005, 2010, and 2013, but with all the new features in 2016 I have absolutely fallen in love with it. I want to post a diary of MAW I'm running but have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to setting up a post for the Forums... I have limited experience with word processing software's and only have Google Docs, I started this thread because I couldn't find one, at least for 2016, for tips and/or tutorials for formatting a match card in Docs or Word like programs. Many thanks in advance if you find a tutorial or make one yourself!

<p>I've always use Notepad to set up my shows and I put all my diary stuff on my Google Drive. You can turn your Notepad documents into Google Docs through Google Drive and that way you can write your shows on various devices. Google Docs will also auto-save so you won't lose any progress if you happen not to save for 30 minutes and your computer crashes.</p><p> </p><p>

In terms of setting them up, a typical diary post usually just features pictures of the workers and then the writing. Some things are made bold, some things are made italic and some parts are center aligned. If you quote somebody's diary write-up, you will see all the BBCode they have used to format their post. The best thing to do would be to upload some worker images, the TV images and such to a Photobucket and simply experiment with a format that will make your shows comfortable for you to write. All of my diaries have used a template for creating shows. I simply copy and paste all the code where it needs to go in my show and then just fill in the images and the text where necessary. I can show you an example if you desire one.</p><p> </p><p>

Finally, I think the best piece of advice I can give you is to write for yourself. If you want to do short TV write-ups and longer PPV write-ups as mitsukaikira has suggested, then do that! But if you want to do them of equal importance, don't feel like you can't. Just do whatever is comfortable for you because that is the difference between you writing two shows like my failed CZCW diary, or writing eight months like my NJPW diary.</p>

<p>Thanks so much for the advice coming in. After scoping out the Dynasty boards a couple days now, I am totally pumped to do this. My plan is to use MAW, star out small... untelevised. So I will be writing my shows more in a live audience in a small venue sort of way... I love the Indy wrestling scene so thats where my inspiration comes from...</p><p> </p><p>

But yea anything you could show me to help out, seeing as its my first time, i'll take it! Setting up a photobucket now lol</p>

<p>Definitely just read around the dynasty board as there are so many different styles that people employ. Some do lengthy, dramatic narratives that really get you into the characters, while I basically just type out my match results in an easy-to-read way with some pictures and big notes for the important shows.</p><p> </p><p>

I'd also make sure you do some good-looking formatting or pictures as I really think that gets your work to catch people's eyes. Another tip - if you are unsure of how to write certain formats, quote the person's post and read it to try to reverse engineer what they have to fit your own style. I did this with michgs amazing WWE diary to figure out how to format some stuff. And Mootinie, who posted above, was always a big help to me. That's another thing - don't be afraid to ask people for tips or help (whether it is a direct question or in the request threads)! The community here is great and people are usually willing to help out a lot.</p>

Setting up a photobucket now lol

I also use photobucket and find it cripplingly slow at times. A tip I would give you to overcome this is to set up an Excel file with the name of the wrestler/logo/etc and then the file URL. As a result I only use Photobucket when I'm adding new images now and just use the Excel file when I'm posting shows. Has saved me HOURS!

Archived