How do you buildup up to events?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43158" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What do you do between events (on TV shows etc) up to the final match at an event? Building up contenders for titles, building up feuds without having the workers collide on TV shows etc..</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Angles and matches with the involved parties.</p>

I struggled with this myself along with trying to get a "feel" for the companies I was booking. The best advice I can give and what helped me get a "feel" for how to book was looking at how real life companies book, and replicating their pattern. What helped me was reading the booking patterns of New Japan Pro Wrestling from the Voices of Wrestling New Japan Year In Review EBooks (2014-2016).

I have to agree with the comment above. When just starting let art imitate life. Go study the product that you are trying to build, especially if you are booking in a real world mod. My biggest mistake that I make is not following through on storylines that are already in motion and just starting what I want. As I say that I've already booked the first week of a new diary I'm starting and doing just that. But I like to go back and watch the last year of WWE PPV hype videos and match hype videos, and also going back to 2004-2008 TNA when I was really into their product. The best thing to do is have fun with it but "study" a product similar to what you are trying to book.

If I am booking a SE fed, I like to get my main eventers (especially the faces) involved in multiple storylines at once. I will slowly build towards the ME vs. ME match at the PPV while letting the ME vs. Midcarder feuds play out on TV. Anything can start those smaller storylines and they generally do not last more than a 1-3 weeks as you build toward the payoff to those on TV between the PPV events.

You can even have those smaller storylines take a small break while you book the angles and matches you need to push people towards buying your PPV and then all of a sudden have them burst out of the background when you find yourself in a lull again.

<p>In my title storylines I always have 4 workers, 2 faces and 2 heels, one of whom is the champion. Since all my events are 4 weeks apart, I buildup using the following format:</p><p> </p><p>

Week 1: A number 1 contender match involving all the workers in the storyline. If one of the workers in the storyline is the champ, I will put another random worker (someone I want to grow) in the match to take the pin. I mostly do 4-way matches or triple threat matches. Rarely a 1v1 no.1 contender match.</p><p> </p><p>

Week 2: Have the 2 faces and 2 heels team up for a 2v2 match.</p><p> </p><p>

Week 3: Have the no 1 contender match with the non-champ worker in the storyline. Same with the champ, have him a match with the non-contender in the storyline.</p><p> </p><p>

Week 4: Have a 2v2 match between 1 champ and 1 contender from 1 storyline and the other champ and other contender from the other storyline.</p><p> </p><p>

Week 1 stays the same, in having a match to determine the number 1 contender, the weeks after that are the same but I have them in different combination in that sometimes I will mix things up and change the sequence of the matches.</p><p> </p><p>

For other storylines, I have them interfere each others' matches and attack each other after matches. I also do the week 4 schedule above in that I have them mix up with other storylines and have 2v2 matches.</p><p> </p><p>

I haven't really found any other ideas to have matches in the 4 weeks in between without having the event match in the TV shows. So, for example, if I wanted the event 4 weeks later to have Wrestler A vs Wrestler B, I try my best not to have Wrestler A vs Wrestler B in the 4 weeks and only have them be involved with each other somehow.</p>

Archived