DB Real World Update

Damian

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Damian]And a GUARANTEED RELEASE DATE!!! [B]Friday 12th August 2005[/B] If it's not finished then for some reason, it'll be released anyway with whats in it, but I'm 99.99999999999999999% sure it'll be done for then, and then I'll start a monthly update on it, adding more each time.[/QUOTE] Is the update posted somewhere else, or did it just not happen? :o

I dont think it has happened yet, but have a little faith in damien, he has a posiible 101 reasons why it is not up yet just now,but im thinking we wont have that long to wait, I am just grateful he took the time to make something that will give people hours of enjoyment! Thanks big D! As a side question to the man himself, will the titles be up to date, as i am in the UK and do not want to ruin any TNA results (we are up to slammiversary) so will this ruin them or will it be a case of having to get someone else to check?

[QUOTE=theaddicane]will the titles be up to date, as i am in the UK and do not want to ruin any TNA results (we are up to slammiversary) so will this ruin them or will it be a case of having to get someone else to check?[/QUOTE] No, it will be set in 2003 despite it being called an "up-to-date" stats scenario :rolleyes:

He probably came on to release it, saw people like Chibul making smartass comments about the release date and decided it wasn't worth his energy releasing it to the public when people bitched about it being late. You don't know what's going on with him, he does [i]have[/i] a life you know. It'll be released when he gets the time to do it, people making smartass comments isn't going to speed it up. If anything it'll slow it down because he'll be reading them when he could be putting up the link. On a brighter note I am very much looking forward to the release and finally being able to play a decent real life up to date career, I'm glad someone had more determination and time to one than me, I tried and gave up after the first moveset -_-

Waiting... maybe not patiently, but waiting. [QUOTE=theaddicane]...have a little faith in damien...[/QUOTE] I have complete faith that Damien will eventually get the time to finish it. I'm just extremely eager to get my grubby little mits on his very appreciated labor of love. Wait that came out wrong... You know what I mean! I can't wait to play the update! :D

Slim J is probably right, he decided not to release it because of all the complainers and smart-ass remarks from people, before and after he announced the date. Why let people who provoke him, bitch, and complain get the update? You think they will even say 'thank you' after he releases it? Probably something like 'about time' or 'couldn't this been uploaded weeks ago?!'. I do understand, however, he made promises. I wouldn't have made a promise, I would have just said "Most likely will be released". But hey, these things take TIME. A lot of people have a lot of unique movesets, and I tried to make an update with the TEW converter. Trust me, I gave up after the first moveset.

Damian can't have seen all the remarks and decided not to release it... you know why? This is from his profile: Last Activity: 08-01-2005 07:14 AM

[QUOTE=Weden]Damian can't have seen all the remarks and decided not to release it... you know why? This is from his profile: Last Activity: 08-01-2005 07:14 AM[/QUOTE] Yeah, so a little thing called Real Life probably snuck on him. So no need for people to be getting all snappy about this. Get a grip. It's not like he's being paid for this update or anything. He does it because he wants to and because he evidently likes contributing something to the community. Bitching about it is just going to make him not want to do it.

Guest Ransik
I think it's funny people are saying not to bitch on a guaranteed release date. Not that I can't wait for it, but if he guaranteed it, he should at least do his best to let us know what's going on. 3 days late with no word what so ever from anyone involved in making the update? It's odd, and since they all know that the 12th was the day to release it, one person ought to say something at the very least.

I think people are just annoyed as they were expecatant of it and just a bit dissapointed, but we should just wait. I know he promised but there are a 1001 possible reasons why he cannot do it yet, but he is doing his best for the good of the community spending coutless hours making this, so we can wait. His life is much more important then a game, so that gets priority over helping people he will never probably meet for no real pay, so really it is understandable why it could be late. Would you put it over a family emergency? Or more likely, it has slipped his mind or he is too busy. A few days shouldnt bother anyone that much.

Look, im not saying that i like it being late, but really, what is a few days to the time we will spend playing it? And if you are so bothered then dont wait, make your own and when you release it on time you can say that you were reliable. Otherwise we all just have to sit tight and wait, so we might as well do it without bickering. To change the subject, which opponents are you looking forward to working against, because i am hoping for a few brawls with raven and a good bout with Samoa Joe.

Archived