How do you do your main event storylines without hurting the workers' overness etc?

<p>You can't! What you can do is stagger and work one week to the next. </p><p>

Here is how I handle it:</p><p> </p><p>

1. 50/50 booking. This normally happens when someone wins a match but after the match, the other guy beats him down. They both get to go over but have to go under. This can be okay if they will both take a small hit to get a big gain. In TEW, the best way to explain it, would be to repeat the same beatdown angle twice, swapping who goes over. In the end, nothing is achieved.</p><p> </p><p>

2. You can have the two face off in a promo where they both beat down the same person. This gets them both over. "A and B are having a tense faceoff, when C walks in acting big and macho. A and B give one another a knowing nod, beat down C, then continue their tension". </p><p> </p><p>

3. You can put them in tag matches and have the partner take a fall. This is a little more tricky in 16 than it was in 13 because you want to make sure the guy who gets pinned is a midcarder and not in a tag team or stable with the main eventer.</p><p> </p><p>

4. You can have a triangle match where A wins, B is kept strong and C is a mid-carder. Both of your main eventers go over albeit differently. This trades off a little bit of match grade, but I find it worth it.</p><p> </p><p>

5. Similar to 50/50 booking - you can have A backstage beatdown B. Then have B be in a match involving else. A will interfere in the match, accidentally causing B to win. A wins a beatdown, B wins a match. Now you can have A win a match against someone, and have B beat someone down while A watches.</p><p> </p><p>

6. You can put worker A over week 1 - in a match an beatdown angle. Then put over worker B week 2. Then week 3, give them a showdown where nobody goes under, and have them each win a match against someone else (to repair their having gone under in prior weeks). </p><p> </p><p>

So, the idea is that you configure how "under" someone will go from a loss or beatdown loss - this can be momentum and popularity, or both. Have someone go under early to ding their momentum and pop, then have them win a few afterword to pull it back up. Having tag and triple matches allows one main eventer to win while not making the other lose. You can also put one in a match while the other commentates or interferes accidentally causing the other to win. I also like having upper midcard gatekeepers who constantly beat the midcarders, then lose to main eventers. Maybe in a tag match, I will allow the gatekeeper to score the win for the team against the other team's gatekeeper - and keep strong one main eventer while protecting the other. </p><p> </p><p>

At the end of the day, someone somewhere sometime somehow - must lose a match, losing popularity and momentum. I like to shuffle my gains up the card, and losses down it - so that wrestlers on their way out of the company or who are never going to do anything will be the usual fall takers.This goes hand in hand with keeping a circle of main eventers, with a few upper midcarders on long term contracts and all midcarders on ppa contracts.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="thadian" data-cite="thadian" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43255" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can't! What you can do is stagger and work one week to the next. <p> Here is how I handle it:</p><p> </p><p> 1. 50/50 booking. This normally happens when someone wins a match but after the match, the other guy beats him down. They both get to go over but have to go under. This can be okay if they will both take a small hit to get a big gain. In TEW, the best way to explain it, would be to repeat the same beatdown angle twice, swapping who goes over. In the end, nothing is achieved.</p><p> </p><p> 2. You can have the two face off in a promo where they both beat down the same person. This gets them both over. "A and B are having a tense faceoff, when C walks in acting big and macho. A and B give one another a knowing nod, beat down C, then continue their tension". </p><p> </p><p> 3. You can put them in tag matches and have the partner take a fall. This is a little more tricky in 16 than it was in 13 because you want to make sure the guy who gets pinned is a midcarder and not in a tag team or stable with the main eventer.</p><p> </p><p> 4. You can have a triangle match where A wins, B is kept strong and C is a mid-carder. Both of your main eventers go over albeit differently. This trades off a little bit of match grade, but I find it worth it.</p><p> </p><p> 5. Similar to 50/50 booking - you can have A backstage beatdown B. Then have B be in a match involving else. A will interfere in the match, accidentally causing B to win. A wins a beatdown, B wins a match. Now you can have A win a match against someone, and have B beat someone down while A watches.</p><p> </p><p> 6. You can put worker A over week 1 - in a match an beatdown angle. Then put over worker B week 2. Then week 3, give them a showdown where nobody goes under, and have them each win a match against someone else (to repair their having gone under in prior weeks). </p><p> </p><p> So, the idea is that you configure how "under" someone will go from a loss or beatdown loss - this can be momentum and popularity, or both. Have someone go under early to ding their momentum and pop, then have them win a few afterword to pull it back up. Having tag and triple matches allows one main eventer to win while not making the other lose. You can also put one in a match while the other commentates or interferes accidentally causing the other to win. I also like having upper midcard gatekeepers who constantly beat the midcarders, then lose to main eventers. Maybe in a tag match, I will allow the gatekeeper to score the win for the team against the other team's gatekeeper - and keep strong one main eventer while protecting the other. </p><p> </p><p> At the end of the day, someone somewhere sometime somehow - must lose a match, losing popularity and momentum. I like to shuffle my gains up the card, and losses down it - so that wrestlers on their way out of the company or who are never going to do anything will be the usual fall takers.This goes hand in hand with keeping a circle of main eventers, with a few upper midcarders on long term contracts and all midcarders on ppa contracts.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't like 50/50 in the game or real life. You end up where you started but now you have both workers not strong. Honestly the best way is go back to the roots of tew and wrestling. If you are sports entertainment. I suggest throwing in the bells and whistle in the match. If you book like me. I build people from nothing to the top. Go back and watch gcw, roh before sinclair, awa, etc. Just run your shows very simpler to those federations. It is easy to book, you get people over, and you have a strong roster. If someone gets signed away. You have a replacement. So make a storyline between 2 workers. I use entrance, interviews, attacks, videos, self hype, and maybe a few others. The rest are just basically the same with different text. Interviews will help both workers if both are on screen. Don't do really short interviews because that would not be like those federations. You could just do angles to pump up the storyline for a couple shows. You will notice after each show. Both workers pop is going up. When you want to do a match. You have a choice. Who do you want to have more pop overall in the storyline. It is up to you.</p>

<p>This is my typical month in a big title feud.</p><p> </p><p>

Week 1 - #1 Contender's match, Champ and Contender Angle</p><p>

Week 2 - Champ and Contender Opening Angle</p><p>

Week 3 - Champ and Contender Angle, bring in another feud, tag match</p><p>

Week 4 - Champ and Contender close show with angle (contract signing, face off, etc.)</p><p>

PPV - Hype angle at beginning of show, Angle for big entrances, Match</p><p> </p><p>

I've been running a four way feud this way and three guys have seen their pop go up 3-5 points last month and the one guy lost 3 (He lost the title which I think is the big contributor to that loss because he's had pretty consistent pop for awhile and he's still at 92 with the drop). You don't have to have people "winning" angles or anything, just get them on screen and they'll be fine overall.</p>

<p>This one's on me. I know about the buildups. What I meant to ask was when they actually have a match, one of them has to lose, or when you give them matches with other main eventers (who are not in the storyline), one of them must lose, how do you have the match without hurting them.</p><p> </p><p>

What I had in my Creative Meeting tab were all my top 5 wrestlers were "insanely popular" (overness > 95 in all areas). All I did was have them lose to each other and wins over midcarders etc, now my Creative Meeting tab shows 3 of them as enormously popular (overness 90-95), 1 as wildly popular with the exception of one, who is still insanely popular but he recently returned from an injury and didn't have any significant matches all this while. So how do I have them face each other, in a match, and not affect their overness that much?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43255" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This one's on me. I know about the buildups. What I meant to ask was when they actually have a match, one of them has to lose, or when you give them matches with other main eventers (who are not in the storyline), one of them must lose, how do you have the match without hurting them.<p> </p><p> What I had in my Creative Meeting tab were all my top 5 wrestlers were "insanely popular" (overness > 95 in all areas). All I did was have them lose to each other and wins over midcarders etc, now my Creative Meeting tab shows 3 of them as enormously popular (overness 90-95), 1 as wildly popular with the exception of one, who is still insanely popular but he recently returned from an injury and didn't have any significant matches all this while. So how do I have them face each other, in a match, and not affect their overness that much?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> ok so you got 5 guys with 90 pop. Very simple actually. Just do some angles before and after the match between those 2 workers. when you get to the match. pick the victor, open match(this is key), pinfall. nothing else for road notes. The only exception is if you want a higher rating. I always do submission finish for mat people. It usually gives maybe a point higher. I think of it like bret hart type finish. Instead of like today when people tap out it is big deal. The pop between the workers will be different but it is minor. So that is how you can protect those people. I hope that helps you.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="drcat123" data-cite="drcat123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43255" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I always do submission finish for mat people. It usually gives maybe a point higher. I think of it like bret hart type finish.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To recap, this is not the case. There is no special bonus for a submission finish irrespective of who the workers are.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43255" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>To recap, this is not the case. There is no special bonus for a submission finish irrespective of who the workers are.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> to recap every worker have tried with high mat, sub, tech gets a better match rating for winning with a submission finish over pinfall. Yes I'm doing clean matches too. So it may just be my products. Honestly if there is no positive or negatives to different notes. What is the point in having different notes in the first place.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="drcat123" data-cite="drcat123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43255" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>to recap every worker have tried with high mat, sub, tech gets a better match rating for winning with a submission finish over pinfall. Yes I'm doing clean matches too. So it may just be my products. Honestly if there is no positive or negatives to different notes. What is the point in having different notes in the first place.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There are many differences to the various notes, nobody said otherwise. A random bonus for using a submission finisher isn't one of them.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43255" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>There are many differences to the various notes, nobody said otherwise. A random bonus for using a submission finisher isn't one of them.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ok I'm not debating you at all. I'm just simply saying have you tried it with every combination of people in every mod ever in the tew series. Yes you designed the game. Technology is never perfect because there has been how many bugs over the years. Today the madden autosave bug from 2006 is still there. They said it does not exist to cover it up. So that is a major company and hard drive make that bug even more a problem. You even know I reported bugs most people would never even see in there game. Since they don't play it that deep. I try everything possible in tew to find the best way to do anything. Yes there may not be a submission finish by the way you designed the game. It is like I said they have to have high tech, mat, and sub. It is the only time I ever seen it work period. I could post videos but of course tew has so many different combinations and factors. It would not matter. Just simply saying if a person tries it and it works for them too. Great if it don't work them. It is no different than trying different product idea. Since you are going around and basically bullying every post. I'm done. Tew 2016 is my last game. The core spreadsheet game has been the same way to long without any changes. Thank you for the memories.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="drcat123" data-cite="drcat123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43255" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm just simply saying have you tried it with every combination of people in every mod ever in the tew series.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's really not how computer programs work. I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is no bonus for submission finishers because there is no code for anything like that. That's not something that can be "bugged" or "not working correctly", it simply doesn't exist.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="drcat123" data-cite="drcat123" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43255" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Since you are going around and basically bullying every post.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm not "bullying" you. You keep stating "facts" that are simply totally untrue (you're on something like four in the past few days alone) and you're forcing me to correct you to stop people getting mislead. You've been asked politely to stop doing it on several occasions due to the amount of complaints against you from other members, you can hardly expect us to simply sit back and ignore that you're misleading other users, even if it's not deliberate. I know a lot of it is because you struggle with language, but that does not change the fact that you're putting out very misleading information very regularly.</p>

Archived