Do AI Companies Change How Their Company Is Ran As It Increases In Size?

I have no idea if this goes here or not but I ran into a interesting tidbit while running my save. NJPW has just currently moved up in size to International after putting on constant good shows and fantastic matches. But recently their show ratings are in to 80's and 70's range now, though the card is filled with matches near being 5 stars. And I don't recall what the company was already set to be fore but this got me thinking. Do ai companies end up changing how they run as they grow larger to possibly appeal to more advertisers and the international market?

Or is there something else I am possibly missing and just not seeing? If it is the first one, I think that is pretty cool thst companies would end up doing that as it would make sense. Like WWE grew larger and larger so they completely changed how they ran things to appeal more to sponsors, improve merchandise and gain more money.

But if it is the latter, please let me know what I may be missing as I am actually fairly interested in knowing. Am I reading too much into a text based simulation game and being silly, or do I have some actual ground? These games are really well made up and down so honestly I would have no idea to be perfectly honest.

I'm not quite sure if they change the way you are asking about but what I do know is that they might change the quality of things like music and TV production etc. based on how other companies do. Like for example when I improved my music quality as WWE, TNA soon did the same to keep up with me in terms of quality. So at least in some ways they don't always stay the same throughout the game, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually did change their style for example on the fly since that can happen when an owner change happens at least.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43330" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In terms of their actual product, no, companies don't alter it in relation to their size. Products only get changed when new owners take over. There are plenty of things that do change with size - such as expenditure on different items - but not the core style of the promotion.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ok then. It is very strange though, because prior to their increase in size, NJPW were pulling off high rated shows and it was mainly due to their matches. Yet after the increase, they are still doing higher matches yet their ratings have lowered. So that is what I had believed at first. Also a new option has occurred to me, and that is the possible fact due to the company now being International that they may have done a show where they are not as popular but I didn't check yet (as I am in the middle of booking a show) but that also may be the case.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="quavion87" data-cite="quavion87" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43330" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ok then. It is very strange though, because prior to their increase in size, NJPW were pulling off high rated shows and it was mainly due to their matches. Yet after the increase, they are still doing higher matches yet their ratings have lowered. So that is what I had believed at first. Also a new option has occurred to me, and that is the possible fact due to the company now being International that they may have done a show where they are not as popular but I didn't check yet (as I am in the middle of booking a show) but that also may be the case.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I may be wrong about this but here is my experience from raising my promotion from local up to National.</p><p> </p><p> As you increase in size your rivals are going to change. When I was cult I had better production values than all of my rivals. When I jumped to National my main rivals became SOBPW and OLLIE who were both National as well. When I made that jump I got the email warning about some of my production values being less than my rivals.</p><p> </p><p> From the production screen:</p><p> </p><p> "Your production department handles the look and feel of your shows. <strong>If any of the elements below are worse than those of your rivals you will get a penalty to your overall show grade.</strong> There is no direct benefit to having the best in any element other than the fact that it will hurt your rivals. <strong>Your 'rivals' are defined as companies of a similar size in the same area (except for International and Global companies who are not restricted by area).</strong>"</p><p> </p><p> So one possibility is that because they moved up in size they now have a rival that has higher production values than they do and it's hurting their overall show grade.</p>

Archived