Promotion Obituaries

So as I am playing TEW, I realized that i have only ever had one major promotion shut its doors. I was wondering what everybody else experience with major promotions going out of business, or being bought out. In all my random playing (I struggle with long term games) only PGHW has went out of business and I bought them out. Smaller promotions such as MAW have went under, and I bought them out, but no other major companies (Cult or Higher). What about you all?

In TEW'13, I was playing as TNA in a 2004 mod. When 2007 came around, WWE was doing very poorly, being Cult sized and in debt. So I bought them out. I've bought out several smaller companies before, but this was definately my biggest so far... Buying them out, meant that my two main feuds in 2005 was Randy Orton vs AJ Styles, and Chris Jericho vs Samoa Joe (that being in TNA, mind you).

The longest save I ever played was an ROF save on TEW 10 and after 20 years Golden Canvas were hanging by a thread but they never actually folded. 21CW did up and die seemingly out of nowhere, though, which was great for me as I was able to snag a load of talent who previously wouldn't have dreamt of wrestling for a rinky dink operation like mine (including Daniel Francis, Danny Patterson and even Jeff Nova himself joined on colour commentary)

<p>I always see it. It starts with a company booking itself shows in areas like Manitoba - maybe they have 75% popularity there or whatever, so the AI will book a failure of a show that bleeds out money. After several such shows, and losing some national battles, any company can go from global to cult, and once at cult, it's very easy for the AI feds to gobble themselves down to regional. It happens all the time.</p><p> </p><p>

Usually I notice all the smaller promotions in the graveyard with 3-5 world monopolies and a bunch of "Independent Show" without any actual company.</p>

<p>In my current USPW save,AAA, MAW, APCW, and Lastly PSW have all gone into debt and closed their doors. I'm kind of sad about AAA closing as it's one fewer woman's fed in the world. </p><p> </p><p>

Peeking at the editor, currently BCG, PGHW(!), SAISHO, and NOTBPW (that I didn't know till now!!) are all in debt. I'm angling for the Japanese companies to go under as buying them out would jump start my popularity over there something fierce. Several other companies have minimal finances as is. </p><p> </p><p>

Personally, I love this kind of thing, There are no shortage of creative people here on the forums making company logos and banners so if I think the world is getting a little sparse in an area, I'll grab a logo and banner and add a company to my save.</p>

<p>In a watcher game with the 1987 The Golden Age mod AJPW went out of business in March 1991, after running insanely good shows and dominating the power 500. All their best workers then went to NJPW, again running insanely good shows and dominating the power 500, before subsequently going out of business in December 1993.</p><p> </p><p>

Now in January 1997, WAR are the dominant company in Japan and they're doing fine.</p>

Archived