Why does the game spawn regens without pictures as default?

Would be really great if there was a way to turn this off without having to set levels to zero in "eras". The problem with having to this in the editor is that you have to manually set the quality of the regens that spawn when your fighters with pictures retire.

This always leads to fighters appearing with across the board skill levels (they are all of the same quality) as opposed to varying skilled fighters.

Am I understanding the skill level of regens correctly?

Is there a setting that will automatically create fighters of all skill levels (terrible to amazing) like in real life? WMMA3 seemed to do this automatically.

I guess this would happen automatically if I wasn't using "eras", but if I don't use "eras" those pesky regens without pictures start showing up in droves and they break the game for me.:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

<p>The regen blank face thing bothers me too. There is a reason for it but I do hope its addressed in a future game. I think the only real alternative at launch is to have a bunch of people with the same face possibly come up up which outsold be worse depending to taste.</p><p> </p><p>

A solution I posted before and I think works fairly well is to allow the user to very quickly select a portrait for any fighter with a blank face. Like a one click on the blank spot just takes you to the various pictures to select a certain one of your choosing. This way anyone you see on any screen that is blank you can quickly remedy. </p><p> </p><p>

I wouldn't mind doing this as I play, I happen to see an interesting fighter that is blank I just click their profile and set them a pic.</p>

<p>I don't believe those are regens, they are fighters created to fill weight classes that the game sees as not having enough fighters. There are a certain number of unused pics it uses first, then it creates fighters with no pics.</p><p> </p><p>

At least that's my guess from playing. I noticed a bunch of fighters in Mexico created after OMEGA opens. Same in USA when I open a Women's featherweight division.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="scorpion" data-cite="scorpion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43377" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't believe those are regens, they are fighters created to fill weight classes that the game sees as not having enough fighters. There are a certain number of unused pics it uses first, then it creates fighters with no pics.<p> </p><p> At least that's my guess from playing. I noticed a bunch of fighters in Mexico created after OMEGA opens. Same in USA when I open a Women's featherweight division.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yea those are mostly or enitrely not regens. They do start to add up though. I think a method that allows us to quickly fill a face in would help. As of now any good fighter I see that has a blank face, I usually go in and manually edit them a picture that fits,</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="scorpion" data-cite="scorpion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43377" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't believe those are regens, they are fighters created to fill weight classes that the game sees as not having enough fighters. There are a certain number of unused pics it uses first, then it creates fighters with no pics.<p> </p><p> At least that's my guess from playing. I noticed a bunch of fighters in Mexico created after OMEGA opens. Same in USA when I open a Women's featherweight division.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah perhaps regens is the wrong word (although these created fighter do probably end up getting regenerated once they retire), it just seems very odd though that the game creates these fighters without the player's approval. When you've spent lots of time making a mod with a thousand odd characters and a thousand pictures to give it then hordes of faceless fighters start dominating proceedings it does eat up the fun a little. </p><p> </p><p> A handy feature for some perhaps, but for me it's just an annoyance.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="scuz" data-cite="scuz" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43377" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah perhaps regens is the wrong word (although these created fighter do probably end up getting regenerated once they retire), it just seems very odd though that the game creates these fighters without the player's approval. When you've spent lots of time making a mod with a thousand odd characters and a thousand pictures to give it then hordes of faceless fighters start dominating proceedings it does eat up the fun a little. <p> </p><p> A handy feature for some perhaps, but for me it's just an annoyance.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> i've only played with the original data, but the answer simply is to have more generic renders available in all weight classes. Not adam's fault, sure he made available what he had</p>

<p>Adam really needs to do what OOTP Baseball does and use that face generation system they got going. As far as what's out there technology wise that's the best example of where they need to go with it. </p><p> </p><p>

You can always use pictures on top of a facegen process if you wanted to use a unique picture like TEW.</p>

Archived