Winning The War

I'm playing the fabulous 1997 Montreal Aftermath mod, and was looking for tips in regards to winning the war against WCW. I'm the #1 company in regards to the national battles, but is this enough to eventually put them out of business? If I keep putting on better shows than them, can I just wittle them away? I don't just want them to drop below national, I want them out of business. I want to buy WCW out ASAP.

They will put on worse shows, lose national battles, lose prestige, lose ratings and popularity, be unable to resign stars, and slowly crumble. WCW tends to hang on until it's about 50m+ in the hole for most people on the forums it seems. It can go quicker if you make peace with then and try to get a working agreement. If the owner likes you, they're more likely to sell than if they hate you. And a billionaire owner has a bigger tolerance for losing money than a millionaire one and Ted is a billionaire.

<p>I'm currently in November 1999 on the same mod. Between the start and now, I have consistently dominated the national battle, forcing WCW down to cult at one point. They have since regained national status in America, Mexico and Japan and I am beating them in all three. However, I don't think there is any chance of them going out of business as their finances have risen from the $50 million start to close to $70 million - although, my finances have risen from $10 million to $100 million in the same time. Their shows are currently better than they were in their first national run, consistently pulling in show ratings of 90+. In the past year, I have have raided them for talent, taking Boss Man, Jericho, Big Show, Benoit, Guerrero, Malenko, Saturn, Rick Rude and Mr Perfect. However, they have retained the services of their top draws, though they aren't getting any younger.</p><p> </p><p>

Way I see it, the save is going to go one of two ways. Either WCW are going to continue losing their top talent and national battles, bouncing between cult and national but ultimately staying in business because they're profitable, or they are going to keep hanging on by putting on great shows every week which maintains their pop and profits. I'm not seeing WCW closing anytime soon in my save. </p><p> </p><p>

As a side note, the ratings system in this game is broken. I match WCW's booking and have top talents in the TV main events but fluctuate between 77-90 whereas WCW have every main event finish with either a no contest, DQ or count out and they're pulling in consistent 99's.</p>

As a side note, the ratings system in this game is broken. I match WCW's booking and have top talents in the TV main events but fluctuate between 77-90 whereas WCW have every main event finish with either a no contest, DQ or count out and they're pulling in consistent 99's.

Yeah the AI always seems to do better numbers than you'd expect though this is a lot better in 2016 from what I've seen and it certainly doesn't spam the same matches and outcomes the way it used to. Gone are the nightmare days of NOTBPW spamming Jeremy Stone vs Johnny Bloodstone every other show for 15 years

Archived