Jim Ross' wife Jan dies from injuries from a Vespa crash.

ThatChizzle

Guest skinsfan55
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hive" data-cite="Hive" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43459" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Shows how important it can be to wear a helmet. Poor guy.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It doesn't seem right to victim blame. Sure, wearing a helmet may have saved her life, who knows, but it also shows the importance of sharing the road and being aware of other vehicles.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="skinsfan55" data-cite="skinsfan55" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43459" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It doesn't seem right to victim blame. Sure, wearing a helmet may have saved her life, who knows, but it also shows the importance of sharing the road and being aware of other vehicles.</div></blockquote><p> Acknowledging the importance of wearing a helmet does not automatically equal victim blaming. In what I think was the first post on his website about it, while she was still in the hospital, JR freely acknowledged that if she'd been wearing her helmet her injuries likely wouldn't have been so severe. That doesn't make it "her fault" by any means, and I doubt Hive meant it that way.</p><p> </p><p> I feel terrible for JR and her family and friends. It sounds like she was a great person and will be dearly missed.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="skinsfan55" data-cite="skinsfan55" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43459" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It doesn't seem right to victim blame. Sure, wearing a helmet may have saved her life, who knows, but it also shows the importance of sharing the road and being aware of other vehicles.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Who's blaming anyone? I'm just saying that, as The Final Countdown points out, wearing a helmet on 2-wheeled vehicles can save lives - and I hope that tragic cases like this one can at least serve to remind people of that.</p>

Archived