Product Help - Lucha Underground Style

So, what would the product definition for a Lucha Underground style company be? I'm thinking Key Mainstream and high daredevil (although maybe that goes to Key as well)?

Then, which stats am I looking at when hiring wrestlers? Basic, flashiness, aerial, Stamina?

What say you?

<p>Flashiness and Aerial definitely. Basics and Psych are always helpful for any promotion. You need backstage guys with good entertainment skills to keep the angles going. If you're doing a one hour show like Lucha Underground your matches will be short so stamina isn't a big deal.</p><p> </p><p>

As for product defintion modern and lucha libre should be high or key. Honestly, the "goofy lucha fun" preset is probably perfect for that.</p>

<p>I was messing around with it, what do you think about this?</p><p> </p><p>

Traditional: Heavy</p><p>

Mainstream: Heavy</p><p>

Comedy: Low</p><p>

Cult: (Very)Low</p><p>

Risque: None</p><p>

Modern: Heavy</p><p>

Realism: None</p><p>

Hyper Realism: None</p><p>

Hardcore: Low or Medium (not sure)</p><p>

Lucha Libre: Key Feature</p><p>

Pure: None</p><p>

Daredevil: Medium or Heavy</p>

<p>Thanks guys. I kinda settled in the middle of your suggestions.</p><p> </p><p>

Trad: Heavy</p><p>

Main: Low</p><p>

Com: Very Low</p><p>

Cult: Low</p><p>

Risq: None</p><p>

Mod: Key</p><p>

Real: Low</p><p>

Hyp: Low</p><p>

Hard: Low</p><p>

Lucha: Key</p><p>

Dare: Low</p><p> </p><p>

I kept running into fans not wanting low risk matches, but then every match pretty much needs some kind of gimmick (which isn't the case in LU).</p>

• 6 months later...

<p>Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I'm grappling with this question myself. Here's where I'm leaning:</p><p> </p><p>

Trad: Heavy</p><p>

Main: Low</p><p>

Com: Low </p><p>

Cult: Low</p><p>

Risq: None</p><p>

Mod: Key</p><p>

Real: None</p><p>

Hyp: None</p><p>

Hard: Low</p><p>

Lucha: Key</p><p>

Dare: Heavy</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Anyone else have thoughts on this?</p>

<p>Key; Lucha Libre</p><p>

Heavy: Daredevil and Modern</p><p>

Medium: Traditional, Mainstream, and Cult</p><p>

Low: Comedy, Risque, Realism, Hardcore, Pure</p><p>

None: Hyper Realism</p><p> </p><p>

Perform > Pop</p><p>

Needs Gimmicks</p><p>

Likes risky gimmicks</p><p>

Put off by low risk matches</p><p>

Favorable for sponsorship</p><p>

Needs one highs spot, car crash or steal show</p>

<p>Create some 1v1 matches and 2v2 matches that are, essentially "higher risk than low risk" (counter for fans who are put off by low risk matches). </p><p> </p><p>

You don't need all gimmick matches or all matches that injure your roster. Instead, you need a few reliable matches that are as normal as possible.</p><p> </p><p>

I would put a car crash or spotfest in the middle of the card, or a steal the show as every main event. Especially if you can get the slow build note!</p>

I think of Heavy or Key Daredevil as being dudes jumping off of 20 foot ladders through 3 tables in every match, like you see in some small promotions, or backyard wrestling. Lucha Underground definitely has some daring high spots, but it's not something they rely on to bring you in. I'd probably put it at low to medium.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="atomzero" data-cite="atomzero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43468" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think of Heavy or Key Daredevil as being dudes jumping off of 20 foot ladders through 3 tables in every match, like you see in some small promotions, or backyard wrestling. Lucha Underground definitely has some daring high spots, but it's not something they rely on to bring you in. I'd probably put it at low to medium.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's a good point.</p>

<p>Daredevil reads "This element refers to the more modern approach of having matches essentially consist of lots of big "spots." - jaw dropping (but not entirely believable) moments of super-athletic, dangerous or flashy sequences designed to wow the fans."</p><p> </p><p>

This is Lucha Underground to a Tee</p><p> </p><p>

Also Lucha Libre isn't strictly high flying it is actually faced paced work which includes flying and technical and the in game Lucha Libre reads</p><p> </p><p>

"The element refers to focusing on the Mexican Lucha Libre style, with colorful characters, fast-paced and technical ring work, and heavy kayfabe."</p><p> </p><p>

You can actually have dangerous and flashy sequences of daredevil without it actually being flying. Although flying can be apart of either they are not excluisvely flying.</p>

Archived