Company not interested in selling up?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="skinsfan55" data-cite="skinsfan55" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43530" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've literally never had a company sell to me, is it even possible?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="skinsfan55" data-cite="skinsfan55" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43530" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've literally never had a company sell to me, is it even possible?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Usually it is the lower companies that will agreed to a takeover</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="skinsfan55" data-cite="skinsfan55" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43530" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've literally never had a company sell to me, is it even possible?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In my current RW save, Ive bought out 5 companies in the first 7 months. It's just about watching their finance status closely then swooping in. I usually tour each company at the start of every month to see who's in debt, then if I find a company who is in debt, it's just kind of a waiting game until they eventually sell to you</p>

You can disband the company and takeover all of their pop if they are more popular than you. You can pillage the company and take over all of their contracts, events, TV shows and titles and then disband them. Or you can just make the company your development territory

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lois lily" data-cite="lois lily" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="43530" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've never even thought about buying other companies. What are the benefits?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cheap* dev territory. </p><p> </p><p> *depending on debt, much cheaper than opening one</p>

I've never even thought about buying other companies. What are the benefits?

You can absorb their pop.

If you are an American company and you see a failing Cult level Japanese promotion that is a quick way to get high level pop in Japan.

Also if they have a TV show with a broadcasting deal you can take that on as well.

<p>In my latest TCW game, I leaned on PGHW after they went into debt due that natural disaster narrative. I checked on it day after day. Eventually, on the same day as one of their mass releases, I was able to pillage them for just about $2,000,000. </p><p> </p><p>

This included six or so world class workers (Yoshimi was in decline so I had to let him go), all of the belts, and all of their prestigious events, plus their popularity in Japan, which seems to be a 75.</p><p> </p><p>

So, I stole the event prestige by changing the names to my usual events while deleting my own, picked up half of the Top 10 list, and became #1 by getting on TV and PPV in Japan. By the way, be very careful about which Japanese commercial station you select. Do not go with the biggest one, since that contains Hawaii and the contract never starts due to the clash, etc. And you can't cancel a deal with a broadcaster that hasn't started, of course.</p><p> </p><p>

Next up is 21CW...they should be swimming in debt before long. But, after looking at the editor to remember when Reverie starts up there, you have to wait until June 2017 to buy 21CW as a foreign company, as the broadcasters over there won't do business with you. Then, NOTBPW is prone to failure. Even if the roster is aging, there's a couple of good top card guys (plus the entire women's division if you want to start from the ground up). Also, they have some event prestige to steal and belts to collect.</p><p> </p><p>

I always recommend checking in with a company every day once they're in debt. You need to always be mindful of the AI companies stepping in and causing headaches</p>

<p>I've been updating a 2013 mod from TEW 2013 for TEW 2016. One thing I find - and found on other mods I've toyed with - is that companies tend to fail financially a lot more than they did before. In some test saves, I've seen the WWE buy out half of the smaller promotions in the US. So my probably is the opposite - trying to keep more of those companies alive, without just giving everyone $5m starting in the bank. </p><p> </p><p>

But that said, being able to buy out the smaller struggling companies is pretty cool.</p>

Archived